It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elite Dangerous Horizons only 8 bucks!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Just a heads up for anyone who loves space... Elite dangerous is only $8 right now...

This is a $70 game... so IF you ever wanted to try it... OR IF you've never heard of it... ED is the definitive space simulation

An almost full representation of the milky way galaxy... with 400 million stars to explore...

the learning curve is huge... so it takes a while to master.... but its $8

Just get it... And IF you have VR... prepare to be amazed

edit on 19-12-2019 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

ED is such an amazing game.
I spent 20 hours just flying 90 degrees from the galactic center.
Landing on interesting planets, exploring and getting amazing images.
I love how they added so much new features for exploration.

It used to get pretty stale before planet landings and biological POIs.
Wish I was at home playing it right now.

There’s nothing like discovering your first super giant or black hole.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I’d love to fly with and shoot the ship with some ATS folks. Also, EVE.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolvacron

I agree.. I've never played with anyone...

I know theres a way to talk to each other and do missions... but space is a frickin huge place...

perhaps we need to start an ATS guild... or whatever they're called these days lol

Probably one of the best games ever made... its eight bucks people...

Seriously

edit on 20-12-2019 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 02:48 AM
link   

I am a sucker for scifi and space. But Elite looks rather boring, a space trucking sim.

As a sandbox it is not sandboxy enough imho. Your actions should have a noticeable effect on economy/politics. But that is something that is hard to balance I guess.

Alternatively something like solo/coop scenarios (a couple hours long stories, doesn't have to be anything epic) would work for me too.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

Dude...….………….

its called "sandbox" because its impossible to explore every area in the game... it unveils itself as people explore... and like 5% of it has been explored... its that big!!

Theres a "bubble" which is general explored space... outside of which is pretty much unexplored... and they use real plants and star systems to populate the galaxy.... and every action has an effect on the economy

Theres tons of missions involving pvp… but im terrified of that sh!t..lol

Theres factions galore.. and dominating in real time...

it isn't a game brother... its space meets starwars…

And FP gaming is coming in the next update hopefully so you can climb out on the planets you land on..

and....

its...

$8....

edit on 20-12-2019 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

Every delivery that someone makes to faction owned stations has an effect on the game.
The BGS - Background Simulation, decides the leading faction. If your aligned with that faction, then that puts you in a place of power. There are many ways to play elite.
I belong to EXO.
The largest console clan in Elite.
We have guys dedicated to Exploration - like myself, which I am a Flight Leader for 8 other explorers.
We have Fuel RATs - dudes that will go to which ever corner of the galaxy you didnt scoop enough fuel for and deliver you some.
We have bounty hunters that will seek out other clan members that are wanted.
We have our own Navy - A very well trained group of PVPers that protect our station and allies from other factions.
The economy is very fragile in game. When griefers decide to ruin something, it usually happens.

Example:
There was a mission to deliver metals to a space station.
As long as the community hit a certain amount of tons delivered, than a new deep space outpost would be built.
Griefers started delivering UA's - Unknown Artifcats (Alien tech) to the station.
You need to have a special type of hull in your ship in order to hold the UA's or else they deteriorate your ship at an accelerated speed.
The community goal was up and the new station was already destroyed.
Then clans across the bubble began protecting these in-construction stations as the repairs were done.

We also have Thargoid attacks on station.
Thargoids are a type of alien species in ED.
That will swarm you and destroy your ship if your not careful.
They can even intradict you in faster than light speed travel.

So ya, ED is much, much more that a delivery boy sim.
It all depends on how you want to play.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I bought it awhile back at a huge discount for something to do when its cold and wet out. I only got into doing some bounties and missions for $$$ but didnt get far into the exploration part of it. I might have to get back into it if its gotten an update since then.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Revolvacron
I agree.. I've never played with anyone...
I know theres a way to talk to each other and do missions... but space is a frickin huge place...
perhaps we need to start an ATS guild... or whatever they're called these days lol
Probably one of the best games ever made... its eight bucks people...
Seriously

...more than that, there's an interesting multi-crew feature, which lets you play multiplayer in the same ship, with each person taking a different role.
I own the game, but have only messed around in the game for an hour or so - not sure why, but I haven't quite clicked with it.
I think I need to experiment with controller options and find a setup that works for me.
I have game-pads, an analogue joystick with throttle & about 10 buttons and a steering wheel & pedals. The pedals can be good to use with the joystick in flight sims etc.

What controller setup do most people prefer in this game - keyboard & mouse, joystick or something else ?

Here's the tutorial video on multi-crew:

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: muzj03

oh ya man... I know all about it... just never actually played with anyone before...

the game is just too huge, but I guess IF you stick around the bubble, or join a fb group, or discord... im sure I would find someone...

personally I use mouse and keyboard... most seem to prefer the HOTAS

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

When they sort out Rift S controller support I'll be diving back in , I enjoyed my 100 or so hours in the Elite Universe and fully intend to go back but don't want to go back in looking at my monitor , I want to sit in my ship and operate the controls with my hands.

For anyone interested in this type of game I'd say buy it , it's no money for a game that's both fun to play and still well supported by the developer , you can even listen to the space news on those long jumps.

top topics

join