It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is your Ufology dream team?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: anakinnEo

I understand. But how much more data do you think we need? 50 years? 100? I think chasing data is a dead end. So the data shows more people see UFOs on a Wednesday. Or that people see more blue UFOs in the summer and more orange UFOs in the fall. What does that get us?

You mentioned being able to predict things. With all the data we already have, name one thing we've accurately been able to predict from it. Or how about just one good hypothesis we can test? Maybe we can use it to help separate the wheat ("real" UFOs) from the chaff (misidentifications of natural phenomenon or known aircraft, or hoaxes, etc.), but it doesn't tell us what the "wheat" actually is. So far, the data has only shown us that people see and experience strange things. But we've known that for at least 20,000 years.

Likewise, I don't think waiting for that one breakthrough case is very productive, either.

If we're going to play a game of statistics, there has to be a point where they start making sense, producing useful patterns, or we're going to have to admit the database is too chaotic or flawed to lead to any fruitful research or conclusions.
edit on 25-12-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
some said ufology is a science, I prefer to say it is a rational art

let's say that some craft or cases have a sort of "signature" if you prefer

linking signatures in space and time is an art not a science

in the stephenville wave I was able to predict two days in advance some locations , in fact in this wave the airport seems to be one of their target

all the cases are in proximity of almost one airport, so this is not random

this "non randomness" is a general way to find some links

I know , many said that is not scientific approach

comparison is not reason etc etc

yes indeed

in an elusivity system, serendipity is a subtil way to communicate without saying anything visible

sherlock way if you prefer

just observation of details and link between them

but I do not pretend to know, I have many many questions and sometimes some clues that's all

so is collecting and analysing data a loss of time ? perhaps , perhaps not

not a week even a day asking me this question, must I continue this job, research or not ?

edit on 25-12-2019 by anakinnEo because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join