It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the first wasn't born?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

a recent study has shown that "people of faith" are more likely to be murderers than atheists

www.murdermiletours.com...

Aileen Wuornos - mostly atheist, but upon her conviction Wuornos became a "born again" Christian having been legally adopted by an evangelical Christian couple - link

Albert Fish - devoutly Christian, but he stemmed from a family prone to religious psychosis, hence his preoccupation with the biblical story of Abraham and Isaac (Genesis 22:1–24), that sacrificing a boy (Isaac) would provide penance for his sins - link

Anthony Hardy - press reports have alluded to him being a practising Satanist, owing to a rubber devil being in his flat, but there's no evidence to back the Satanism claim - link

David Berkowitz - raised Jewish, baptised aged 20 and converted to Catholicism, but recently become a devout "born again Christian" who (as a play on his former nickname "Son of Sam", he now calls himself "Son of Hope" - link

David Copeland - although not a "Christian" in the traditional sense, Copeland would often read anti-Semitic literature by extreme right wing Christian groups

David Ray Parker - became a "born again" Christian who found God after 2 1/2 years in solitary confinement where he read his Bible to “get right with God”

Dean Arnold Corll - raised Catholic by parents, attended various religious rallies and events but there's little evidence of strict religious belief

Dennis Nilsen - he was raised as devout Catholic into a strictly religious household, but he is currently agnostic, learn more about Dennis Nilsen here

Dennis Rader - was raised strictly Lutheran, was a member of Christ Lutheran Church in Park City, Wichita (Kansas) and had been elected president of the church council - link

Donald Henry Gaskins - forced to attend church as a child, but not religious

Ed Gein - raised by his mother Augusta Wilhelmine, who was a strict, uncaring and violent Lutheran, which is where many of Ed's sexual peculiarities stem from - link

Edmund Kemper - although he was not raised into a religious family, he would claim that a "religious conversion" had taken place whilst in Atascadero prison, awaiting sentence

Gary Ridgway - became a devout Baptist (during his second marriage), proselytising door-to-door, reading the Bible aloud at work/home and insisting his family followed the strict teachings, often crying whilst reading the Bible, was regarded as a religious fanatic - link

H H Holmes - devoutly and strict religious parents, his mother would often lock her children in the attic without food as a means of punishment for even the smallest of "sins" - link

Dr Harold Shipman - both Harold and his wife Primrose were raised as devout Methodists, which caused ructions in both families as they became pregnant within a few months of meeting and were unmarried, hence the need for a shotgun wedding - link

Herbert Mullin - started researching into "eastern religions" aged 20 and became obsessed with reincarnation after the death of his friend Dean Richardson, although he would often condemn Catholicism and then flip into being a fanatical Catholic - link

Janie Lou Gibbs - a devout Christian who murdered her three sons, grandson and husband with rat poison, inherited $31000, and donated $3000 of that to the church - link

Jeffrey Dahmer - born into a devout family of the Stone-Campbell denomination known as the "Churches of Christ", he was an active churchgoer until age 5, renounced his religion (possibly owing to his sexuality) but was re-baptised during his incarceration - link

Joel Rifkin - raised in an adopted Jewish household, although would rarely abide by the ideals of his faith as (being adopted) he never felt like this was his religion - link

John Allen Muhammad - born John Allen Williams, he joined the Nation of Islam in 1987 (aged 27), changed his surname to Muhammad and provided security for the 1995 "Million Man March", but was denounced by Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan - link

John Wayne Gacy - raised into a devout Catholic family, went to private Christian school, and aged 18 he thought about becoming a priest - link

John Bodkin Adams - born into a deeply austere Protestant family of the Plymouth Brethren, his father, Samuel, was a preacher in the local congregation - link

John George Haigh - his parents were members of the Plymouth Brethren, a conservative Protestant sect, who saw all forms of entertainment as sinful, so only stories from the bible were tolerated. As a child, Haigh was never allowed out, and his father installed a 10 foot high fence around their garden to keep the sins of the outside world away - link

John Reginald Christie - Anglican, a regular attendee at All Souls’ Church, Halifax - link

Judy Buenoano - insists she is a devout Roman Catholic - link

Lee Boyd Malvo - baptised as a Seventh Day Adventist in 1999 (aged 14), but influenced by fellow "Washington sniper" John

Allen Muhammad, Malvo converted to Islam - link

Levi Bellfield - converted to Islam in prison and is now known as Yusuf Rahim - link

Myra Hindley - raised as a Catholic in a semi-religious family, Hindley was baptised as a Catholic on 16th August 1942 and regularly attended Holy Communion, although with Brady, Hindley renounced her Catholicism, but she later claimed to have become a reformed Catholic (in Holloway Prison when parole was mooted) - link

Peter Manuel - raised as a practising Catholic, he attended Park St Roman Catholic School in Motherwell (Scotland) and ended a 3 month engagement over religious differences - link

Peter Sutcliffe - raised as a Catholic, and would later claim that "the voice of God" had instructed him to kill fallen women (prostitutes), like he was on a "divine mission from God". In 2015, Sutcliffe was baptised as a Jehovah's Witness - link

Peter Tobin - born into an Irish Catholic family, he worked as a church handyman at St Patrick's Roman Catholic Church in Anderston (Glasgow), he ran away with the Jesus Fellowship, a religious sect in Coventry, and he is also believed to be the illusive serial-killer known as Bible John

Richard Ramirez - claimed to be a Satanist, began to worship Satan aged 18, when he drove to San Francisco to meet with

Anton LaVey, author of The Satanic Bible - link

Robert “Willie” Pickton - no evidence of being raised as a Christian, but in a series of letters he uses direct quotes from the Bible on numerous occasions - link

Rodney Alcala - raised in Catholic family, educated in both of Catholic and public schools, but by the age of 12 he'd had enough of religious education and became agnostic - link

Ted Bundy - baptised as a Mormon at the LDS Church, Salt Lake City in 1974 under the name of Theodore Robert Cowell, his name remains on the Mormon roll - link

Timothy McVeigh - raised Roman Catholic, confirmed at the Good Shepherd Church in Pendleton (New York) in 1995, but lost his faith along the way, informing to the Buffalo News that he was agnostic one day before his execution, and yet he took the Last Rites before his execution, which were administered by Father Charles Smith - link

Velma Barfield - July 1978, whilst in prison for murder, she heard a program by evangelist J. K Kinkle, she accepted forgiveness for her sins and “found God”. - link

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Lots a people go to prison you aren't proving anything for
your defense that atheists are psychopaths

So how do you like me now?
edit on 19-12-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I am neighbour. I'm a scientist. With a background in evolutionary genetics. You are 100% wrong.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Atheists are psycopaths are they? What about Pagans or Buddhists, or agnostics?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

So now I have to ask my self why should I waste my time
irritating myself by conferring with a psychopath?

No matter how stupid I am I'm just not that stupid.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

I am neighbour. I'm a scientist. With a background in evolutionary genetics. You are 100% wrong.

No interest in that search but your welcome to post your results.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Well definitely not because you say so and I don't care if your Albert
Einstein.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

Lots a people go to prison you aren't proving anything for
your defense that atheists are psychopaths
So how do you like me now?

Doesn't change my opinion of you in the least... most religious people are confused... but its all good

I still wouldn't say athiests are psychopaths... I've known quite a few, none of which are...so theres that

I've also known many many Christians in my life... mostly they're much more unpleasant unless you're part of their church

to each their own I suppose

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

a reply to: Liquesence

The study and teachings of verifiable and observable data—science—contributes to school violence?

Interesting.

That it is explore it yourself. Secularism teaches them they have
no real purpose. You're gonna live and die and that's it so if life is
miserable because of others? Why not get even and whack a few
before you whack yourself?

Very simple!

Ya..very simple..if you're an f'ing psychopath to begin with

Was that supposed to be an intelligent argument? let me tell you..it's not.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I still wouldn't say athiests are psychopaths.

I would!

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I still wouldn't say athiests are psychopaths.

I would!

and you are welcome to your opinion however deluded it may be

Could have sworn this thread had something to do with evolution... but apparently its a "lets bash athiests" fest

Good times all around lol

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Was that supposed to be an intelligent argument? let me tell you..it's not.

Oh because suddenly the science works against you I get it.
Prove the study is exactly right with your every post. I'll just
watch. lol

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

My opinion is backed up by science but only a psychopath would
employ such an obvious double standard.

That's what psychopaths do. So if the shoe fits?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I don't have to prove anything, you believe what you want.

Why don't you prove creation..I'll be here waiting.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

This is my turf pal and I'm happy with it.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

My opinion is backed up by science but only a psychopath would
employ such an obvious double standard.

That's what psychopaths do. So if the shoe fits?

uh huh... nothing psycho about lashing out against people that disagree with your silly opinions is there...

again, a few surveys do not equate to certainty... anyone can pull one out their arse from the net... that isn't science brother...

Oh.. and im not an atheist... just about as far from it as you can get... though the psychopath route seems to be leaning in your direction...LOL

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

This is my turf pal and I'm happy with it.

Good for you..enjoy!

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

again, a few surveys do not equate to certainty..

That's pretty much what you base your silly minority opinion on.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

again, a few surveys do not equate to certainty..

That's pretty much what you base your silly minority opinion on.

and your opinion is much more accurate... because you say it is....

I tend not to generalise as you seem to... but again to each their own

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

but again to each their own

I say bull # to that too. Most psychopatghs just need a real good ass woop'n.

Yeah I know what you're gonna say next.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join