It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Like Shark Week - But with Aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I've been coming to ATS for quite a while. Maybe 7 or 8 years. Though I've only recently created an account to start posting.

Back when I first came here this was the premier destination for threads about UFOs, the paranormal, the NWO. But over the last few years ATS has come to be dominated by Left Vs Right political threads and partisan content. The other threads are still there, but are being drowned out by politics. Particularly if you click on the "recent" button at the top of the page.

I get that these are hot button issues of the day, and that there are certain conspiracies woven up in the politics, but I really miss how this forum used to be.

With the 2020 campaign approaching, we're likely to see a lot more partisan politics, a lot more anger, and a lot more division, on this forum in the future.

So, before the election proper begins, I'd like to make a proposal. That ATS holds a series of themed weeks. Like shark week, but with aliens.

For example, for the period of one week members are encouraged to debate a specific topic. For example, big foot, or gray aliens, or Black eyed kids. And we put the politics on the back plate.

Maybe we could have these themed weeks once a month, scheduled in advance so that members have time to prepare essays, or quizs or to write down their own personal encounters.

Like a panel event at a convention.

I'm not suggesting that other topics be stopped, just that the politics be toned down so that maybe we can have a little bit of the old ATS back again.

The one where the most contentious arguments were over whether Grays were aliens or time travelers, or over whether the Nordics preferred boxers or briefs. The one where every couple of weeks somebody would post about how a tribe of bigfoot abducted them and they were forced to marry one of them and to live in the forest eating berries and possums. Or somebody would start up a thread about this mysterious Play Station click adventure demo disc that they were sent through the mail where elements of the story started getting "way too close" to their real life.

Frankly, right now, I'd even go for a good gang stalking thread involving people leaving Halloween pumpkins out too long.
edit on 19-12-2019 by AaarghZombies because: spelling

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Create those threads!

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I think you meant Jumped the Shark

Shark week means something else entirely...
Lol

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

Lol

Fun fact...."jump the shark" originated with an episode of Happy Days where Fonzie jumped over a caged shark on water skis ( Fonzie was on water skis.... not the shark).

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

Lol

Fun fact...."jump the shark" originated with an episode of Happy Days where Fonzie jumped over a caged shark on water skis ( Fonzie was on water skis.... not the shark).

Lol...that was a good Episode.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

Lol

Haha I know, and it was considered when Happy Days had lost the plot and was pretty much over.

Shark week however, refers to .. well, never trust anything that bleeds for a week and doesn't die... so they say..

new topics

top topics

join