It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just A Writing Exercise, Honest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Declaration of Expulsion

Due to the outcome of current events, it has become absolutely necessary for the good of the people to resolve the bonds that have held them captive to others, and to call for the powers between Heaven and Earth to grant them equal station to which they are entitled, with respect for all of mankind we shall declare the causes which have driven us to this separation.

It has always been self evident that that we are created equal, that our Rights are inalienable, that our Rights are not limited to only to Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness, but cover a multitude of Rights borne and inherent by virtue of birth. That in order to help secure these rights, Governments are granted power to provide justice by consent of those to be governed. But in the event that government becomes self serving to a detriment of the People, the People have the right to alter it or abolish it completely and raise a new government to better serve the people. Never should such an occurrence come lightly as no matter how carefully laid out, there will always be those that act against the common interests. And People by their nature can withstand minor evils against them. But when a long train of abuses, usurpations of power, abandonment of duties and whimsical dalliances enters into Despotism and outright Tyranny; that government can no longer stand and it falls to the People to correct the situation. It is for the following that the People commit to alter the United States of America for the betterment of all.

They have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

They have forbidden to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till their Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, they have utterly neglected to attend to them.

They have failed to pass other Laws for the accommodation of such a large district of people, because those people would relinquish the Power held in the Legislature, a power inestimable granted to them and then conferred to tyrants only.

They have called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with their measures.

They have dissolved Representation in the Houses repeatedly, for opposing with subverting firmness their invasions on the rights of the people.

They have refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected; by the subversion of State and Local Legislative powers, incapable of Annihilation and being returned to the People at large for their exercise; an inequitable practice of Jungle Elections to squash opposing viewpoints.

They have endeavored to prevent the population of these United States lawful enforcement of the Laws of Naturalization; for the purpose obstructing the safety of the People, refusing to pass other Laws to encourage their migrations hither, and raising the conditions of new Policing of the Lands.

They have obstructed the Administration of Justice, by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing separation of Executive and Judiciary powers from that of the Legislature.

They have made Judges dependent on their Will alone, for the tenure of their offices.

They have erected a multitude of Unelected Officers, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people, and eat out their substance.

They have affected to render the militance independent of and superior to the Civil power:

They have conspired with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:

For Quartering large bodies of armed troops among us:

For protecting them, by a mock Trial, from punishment for any Infractions which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

For cutting off our equal Trade with all parts of the world:

For imposing fuel Taxes on us without our Consent:

For denying Equal Protection from their laws:

For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury:

For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws, and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments:

For suspending our own Legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.

In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince of State whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the de facto ruler of a free people.

We the People of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these States, solemnly publish and declare, That these United States are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States; that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to California, and that all political connection between them and the US, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent States, We have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do. And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor that California is Expelled.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
A declaration of war against Kalifornia...where do I sign up? To the victor belong the spoils...yeehawww!!

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

War is only necessary to keep them out. This would just be a swift boot to the butt and a reminder to stay out.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I live within an hour of Austin. I'd love to see us slow the influx of Californians.

Although it doesn't effect my day to day life here....it does have some significant impacts on the company i work for, and some people I know and am rather fond of.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

War is only necessary to keep them out. This would just be a swift boot to the butt and a reminder to stay out.

I get it. Isolate some American citizens to a particular region. And if some of them cross the border, what kind of facilities do you see to detain them?

Just to carry your writing exercise a bit further of course.
edit on 19-12-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Why would anyone leave? What could possibly be wrong with the fifth largest economy in the world?
edit on 19-12-2019 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Why old anyone leave? What could possibly be wrong with the fifth largest economy in the world?

Why would anyone want to leave Ohio...

Even though I live in NM, most of my paychecks come from LA corporate offices. I spend a fair amount of time in LA. I love the beaches. I went to Grad school At Cal State and I would move back to Contra Costa county anytime if I didn't have a wonderful life here in the land of Enchantment.

SAG/AFTRA, IATSE....union proud!

Should Calif. residents still be required to pay federal income taxes even though isolated?

www.money-rates.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Thank you for catching that, my Smart Keyboard sometimes doesn’t like when I used the touchscreen keyboard when connected and boxes out some letters. Disconnected it works just fine.

Taxes, climate...but here’s a little secret, technically Ohio is not and has never been a state. It was never fully confirmed. And a big production was made in the 50’s and everyone laughed. And still was not officially confirmed.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

technically Ohio is not and has never been a state. It was never fully confirmed. And a big production was made in the 50’s and everyone laughed. And still was not officially confirmed.

Then perhaps Ohio residents should stay in Ohio being as how technically you are a foreign country and not a part of the US.

perhaps a wall....

Do you foresee a civil war in America. Do you want one; Would you participate? Many ATS members seem to look forward to one.

Just as an exercise in writing....who do you think they want to kill?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

As a soldier, no. Those days are over. Defender upon the lawn? Perhaps. Strategist? Depends upon the fight. But there will be nothing civil about it.

As for a wall? From MI, IN, WV, PA? Heck yeah. Most would pile in if they knew we were free.

But as for wanting a war, it is never a want so much as acknowledged inevitably to escape a divergence that cannot be corrected by other means as reason and diplomacy have long expired. But even I temper force because I have seen man without the restraints and compassion of humanity. A diabetic in the midst of a full crash can pick up and toss a six foot 200 lbs man like a rag doll, and once the sugar is balance regain that humanity and act like a frail out of shape person that they are.

I will tell you after seeing that guy tossed that I had worked with numerous times, there was a bounce as I picked up a step with my fist balled and full intentions of dropping everything I had on the guy. I was noticed and stopped by a nurse that saw what was about to happen. And I was thankful that she did. It wasn’t the man’s fault as he had no control. He was actually a mild mannered retired schoolteacher that I might have actually met nearly twenty years earlier.

That is the humanity at risk to be lost. Those that have no faculties to distinguish what they do as wrong. And the ones called up to end it with cold indifference. There is nothing civil about such a war.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Those that have no faculties to distinguish what they do as wrong. And the ones called up to end it with cold indifference. There is nothing civil about such a war.

So, a race war won't be civil. Thanks for the information!

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
this is really embarrassing.

my god, what a snowflake! seriously delusional. yikes.

oh and.....

there will always be those that act against the common interests .

... are you some kind of commie?!

yikes.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   

What race war?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   

What race war?

You're the one that started the "writing exercise"...you tell me!

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I don’t know. You just pulled that out of thin air. In psychology that tends to be looked at as transference or suppressed guilt. Me, I think it is from babbling, but won’t you tell me how you feel about when you transitioned to solid foods as a child. What was your favorite fruit?

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   

but won’t you tell me how you feel about when you transitioned to solid foods as a child. What was your favorite fruit?

You mean hemitaxia? So you are a Freudian? Why am I not surprised? What do you want me to say...? Banana...you kinky devil?

In the new Meta discipline , syntax would be the OS....BBAAAAANNNAAANNNNAAAA Baby..... happy now?

edit on 20-12-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Actually what I was expecting was an unusual answer that displayed elitism by the rarity of the unexpected yet plausible, like persimmon or paw paw. The answer you gave was far better. Because it demonstrated exactly the expression of why Democrats can’t meme.

The preceding post was the set up in the top line. Your response was a spazzing second which either sells or sinks the gag. Hemitaxia is a full half body paralysis typically brought on by stroke. The Freudian comment is the recognition of a deliberate absence of “Just lay down on the couch...” but heavily implied.

It is like starting the classic “Who’s on first?” just fine with Bud Abbot, but video manipulating it to partner with Shemp laughing with Larry about how he escaped Moe’s wrath for the moment.

new topics

top topics

join