It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the impeachment distracting us from?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Some of us have been wondering what this impeachment is actually about.
What is the real issue that we are being distracted from that takes a Presidential impeachment.

You may be surprised to hear that this impeachment is not about slavery, as Hakihm Jeffery put it so eloquently last night.

What we may be being distracted from is the $1.4 trillion dollar spending bill that is being pushed through before Congress leaves for Christmas.

In the spending bill:
- 1000's of Liberians living in the USA will get a special pathway to citizenship.
- $4 Billion towards "Afghan security forces." (Money and weapons for the Taliban)
- $25 million towards " Gun Violence research."

Of course, I'm just taking Tucker's word on it.
I haven't looked into the bill myself.
So take from this what you will.
But the timing for this spending bill and the rushed impeachment is pretty fishy.

Take 5 minutes to watch this video.
Tucker breaks it down nicely... and even calls out Jeffery's remarks for being dumb and insane.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I was reading somewhere they just passed a spending bill for trillions to keep the gov running. that they both came together and agreed upon swimmingly.
Imagine that

Edit..reading more, it looks like an extension until dec 20th on the bill.

edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: Addedw

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

The first step is recognizing the problem.

link   
Oh well, I give up. The Democrats already shredded the Constitution, so I'll just vote a straight Republican ticket from now on. No need to pay attention anymore since the Democrats think it's ok to override my vote.

link   

The biggest take away the democrats think they've gained from this complete waste of time and money (something they complained about in the Benghazi hearings) is that they can run ads telling the people that Trump was impeached.

I'm anxious to see how they'll react when Trump is most likely elected in November though. It was fun watching reactions to liberals last night on FB when they were laughing and saying bye to Trump and thinking he would be out of office this morning, but those laughs died when I told them that impeachment doesn't mean removal. You could have put a turd in their mouth and it wouldn't have changed their look.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

The first step is recognizing the problem.

Correct. And that problem is the democrat party shredding the constitution for their benefit, then pretending to be constitutionalists when it benefited them. They even decided not to separate church and state last night as they tried to appear somber and talk about praying, etc.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Maybe they are trying to distract us from the fact that Obamacare was just ruled unconstitutional so that they can hurry up and file more appeals while nobody is looking?

A federal appeals court panel in New Orleans has dealt another blow to the Affordable Care Act, agreeing with a lower-court judge that the portion of the health law requiring most people to have coverage is unconstitutional now that Congress has eliminated the tax penalty that was intended to enforce it.

But it is sending the case back to the lower court to decide how much of the rest of the law can stand in light of that ruling.

That likely means the fate of the law will not be settled before the 2020 election.

This isn't going to look good for the Democrats come election time, so watch this impeachment crap so nobody notices!

Full Article

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Oh well, I give up. The Democrats already shredded the Constitution, so I'll just vote a straight Republican ticket from now on. No need to pay attention anymore since the Democrats think it's ok to override my vote.

QFT.

As a registered Independent, I will forever now cast a straight Republican vote. The Democrats have totally lost the minute amount of respectability that they had.

I changed my signature to reflect my total disgust of the Democratic party.
edit on 19-12-2019 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Just don't be brainwashed into thinking our only choice is 2 establishment parties like they want you to.
There needs to be an actual anti-establishment, anti-corporate-lawmaking, small gov third party at some point.
Not an anti-establishment actor corporate suckhole.
We need our own gov at some point.
The leeches are sucking us dry.
The entire idea of taxation has been turned upside down and turned against we the people.

edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: Spcorr

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
What do you have against Liberians? Why can't the people who help us with the card catalog be citizens like the rest of us?

What this impeachment is about is the further erosion of the people's faith in their government. You can't build a government of the elite, by the elite, for the elite, until you get the people to call for their government to perish from the earth first.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
More money for the Afghani army than for our own border wall. Defend those poppies! Must be a part of the Bush legacy I suppose. Business as usual, over 1,000 pages of lobbyist dreams come true. So glad they raised the age to buy tobacco to 21 but still old enough to die for your country. But hey! can we lower the voting age to 16?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I pray there's no voter fraud in 2020, but I feel that's what the Democrats are going to be ALL in with.. They know they will lose in landslide fashion if Trump vs any candidate is played out fairly... The left is desperate, and desperate times call for desperate measures... we are seeing it all play out now with this impeachment. They needed something, anything, to get in front of the FISA abuse and the upcoming IG Durham report...

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Peace.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

- 1000's of Liberians living in the USA will get a special pathway to citizenship.

What do you have against librarians ?

$4 Billion towards "Afghan security forces." (Money and weapons for the Taliban)

A paltry sum compared to what you gave them to fight the Russians.

$25 million towards " Gun Violence research."

Guns don't kill people violent people with guns kill people , the bill is in the post.

Take 5 minutes to watch this video.

Tucker Carlson is the Presidents man , why would anyone not already indoctrinated watch that.

Trump has brought this upon himself , bad things happen to bad people.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I think the impeachment is distracting us from the fact that the Dems have NO ONE viable as a candidate.

Trying to distract us all from the fact that they have no one even remotely likeable to run against Trump.

And people say Trump is a jerk. Have you seen the line up of creeps the Dems have given us for consideration?

Oh yeah, the Dems also want to distract from Trump's record. Which is actually quite good.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
it is probably distracting us from the bank bailout that is a threat to our economy. The Democrats do not like Trump, but I feel something much bigger stimulating this big Hollywood style theatrical style impeachment. I do think both sides could be in on this too. In a country which is now based off of deception, nothing is as it seems anymore.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

That's a big part of it.
They have been so hell-bent on finding some obscure angle on Trump...
If they had half a brain they would have been using these past years to find a viable candidate to win the election.

But they know that's not an option.
And certainly not now.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

I think the impeachment is distracting us from the fact that the Dems have NO ONE viable as a candidate.

Which is why Trump was trying to dig dirt on Biden ?

Most opinion polls put Biden ahead of Trump so they obviously do have a viable candidate , if a new , younger viable candidate comes forward Trump is toast.
www.realclearpolitics.com...

edit on 19-12-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It's ALL distraction. Finding what impeachment distracts us from is distraction from what is really happening. So yeah, huge budgets being passed, distraction. Democrats are going to save the nation, distraction. Trump and the Republican's will save us, distraction. Human civilization as we have known it is in the tank.

Climate changes, whyever it is happening, will soon be reshaping the entire landscape and either killing or moving masses of people from one area to another. Technological innovations are re sculpting the whole notion of human labor driven economies. National economies are being washed away by international corporate driven economies removing any last vestige of local self governance.

We are rapidly shifting the development of our very consciousness from reality based consciousness to virtual reality based consciousness. We are reaching a point, at least in the west, where one generation now has no concepts of what shaped the previous generation and little to no concept on how to guide the next generations.

I suppose I could go on with issues I think we are being distracted from but why bother. If we here are already so distracted so as to not be able to add to this list then why should I bother.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Alien Armada poised behind the moon. On the "dark side".…

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join