It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non-Americans, what's the chatter around Trump in your country?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
In general today, Canada is full of Trump jokes and memes. The majority of Canadians don't have a favourable opinion of Donald Trump.

I don't think Trump will be convicted, but I do think an underlying reason he was impeached is because he's just a social buffoon and puts American politics in a bad light, despite the fact that he represents a bigger issue for everyday Americans.

What's the Trump chatter in your country?

I work for a family whose kids go to an International school.

The other day while driving the one son and his diverse group of friends around I was pleasantly surprised to find out they are impressed with Trump's handling of the economy and called Hillary a c@#t

However most radio stations and media outlets get their news from associated press and Reuters and they just go along with the narrative.

South Africa.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

You want the truth? Everyone I know who doesn't like him, has those opinions based almost entirely on what I call his "manners." When pressed on the issues the only stuff they can come up with is fake news (kids in cages, said neo-nazi's are good people, etc). When pressed on accomplishments they have nothing to disagree with unless they're environmental extremists.

Of the people I know who do like him, they're mostly silent. They don't talk about him or politics really unless pushed. When pushed they typically try to take centrist views.

Then there are the people I know that LOVE him. They are almost fanatical. They where their MAGA hats often. They talk about trump in almost every conversation they have.

Finally there is the statistical evidence: 95% approval in the republican party. 55% among independents. 8% among democrats.

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join