It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi may withhold impeachment articles until quid pro quo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Whoever takes that case to SCOTUS will be accused of abusing their power according to the House.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Looks like Nancy Pelosi short-circuiting again?

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Because they oversample democrats.

Instead of taking a even sampling of Democrats,republicans,independents.

They didn't learn a thing from 2016.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Why?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
hahahahaha
as if they will not respond in kind
lol
mkay

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yes. On the ball and not easily fooled by conspiracy theories.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

Well we have no history of how an impeached president fares in an election since he is the first to be impeached before his first term was even up.
Guess we will see.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Infoshill

I think Nancy Pelosi is doing a great job! Brilliant holding back the impeachment until she gets what she wants.

It's not like she is using money allocated by congress for foreign aid in order to get a foreign power to announce its investigating a political rival. I mean if she was stooped that low pissing on the Constitution then I would agree with the OP's quid pro quo comment.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Early predictions are the 2020 election will have the biggest turnout of any election over the last 100 years.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I think Nancy Pelosi is doing a great job! Brilliant holding back the impeachment until she gets what she wants

yet they wail about process and fairness
lol
as if they knew what those terms ment

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Didn't surprise me when I watched it. I didn't think they would rush it up just wanted to get the vote done before Christmas when the democrats who were already on the fence would have faced the people who elected them and Pelosi and Schiff did not want that to happen, they wanted the vote done and dusted by then. I predicted this in another thread a little while ago but I'll repeat it here: They will not move to the next step until AFTER the next election because they fear they can't beat him and if he wins again (which we all know is the most likely outcome thanks to this sham) they will then jump to the next stage.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

What it says is that the house has the sole power to impeach.
It's Nancy's game and Nancy's rules.

What was that that Mulvaney said.... yeah that.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I think Donald Trump is doing a great job! Brilliant holding back the foreign aid until he gets what he wants.

Woah! You mean Nancy didn't see it that way?! Why not? You mean *you* don't see it that way? Why not? I only replaced about six words that you wrote -- a first name, a last name, impeachment articles to foreign aid and changed she to he twice. So basically, Nancy is doing *exactly* what she and her colleagues claim Trump did and want to remove him from power for. So why is she still in power and why aren't you howling to have them removed? It's basically abuse of power isn't it? If the president can't do it without getting kicked out, then why can she?

It's not like she is using money allocated by congress for foreign aid in order to get a foreign power to announce its investigating a political rival. I mean if she was stooped that low pissing on the Constitution then I would agree with the OP's quid pro quo comment.

Let's not quibble. What she's doing is every bit an investigation of a political rival and it very much affects the outcome of the 2020 election.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It appears it is just about a smear and not a senate trial?
Imagine that.
wonder why?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Yes, and the House impeached. You see that "ed" there? It means past tense. The Senate has the sole power to try that impeachment. And now that the House's role is done, it's the Senate's game.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Yes, and the House impeached. You see that "ed" there? It means past tense. The Senate has the sole power to try that impeachment. And now that the House's role is done, it's the Senate's game.

seems they planned this poorly?
yesterday it was all about "doing the right thing" no matter the outcome
seems they are dodging the outcome?

these people have no respect for the law

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
The Democrats just guaranteed the first woman president will be impeached. Even if its for nothing.

We already did that. We pre-impeached Hillary by voting against her.

And we will again in 2020.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Notoneofyou
not sure she was actually a "woman"
tho she did lose spectacularly

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

No one is entertaining any thoughts that a republican senate would remove him from office.
Even if they have to ignore the law to accomplish the task.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I think Nancy Pelosi is doing a great job! Brilliant holding back the impeachment until she gets what she wants.

You obviously aren't paying attention - even Sondland never said he had proof the Money was being held back - he just surmised it and admitted no one on Earth ever told him that. He only said he knew a white house meeting was being stopped until the investigations were announced at a press conference.

There is absolutely no proof whatsoever of the accusation Aid was held up for any kind of quid pro quo. That's why there is no impeachment article about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join