It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impeachment Witnesses

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
This is my question to people. If we have witnesses vital to impeachment, and it is in the House where discovery is made, why were these witnesses not called before the vote? Democrats are saying we have witnesses that are important to whether wrongdoing occurred, if they know this, how could they in good conscience take a vote when they admit they do not have all the evidence yet?

Can anyone explain why the Democrats took a vote if they believe there are vital witnesses that still need to testify?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Not an expert in your politics, but maybe the witness is excluded from the vote, because the witness might be biased by the experience?

I do feel it's a bit silly, but then I could see how that rule could be crucial in certain circumstances.

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Can anyone explain why the Democrats took a vote if they believe there are vital witnesses that still need to testify?

They are lying.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

I do not understand what you mean the witness is excluded from the vote. Witnesses don't vote, they inform the people who then vote.

If the Democrats argument is these witnesses are vital to knowing if wrongdoing occurred then why were they not called before the House vote?
edit on 19-12-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Hmm, I see what you mean.

Weird indeed.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

They are searching for these great witnesses as I type this. Along with an actual crime.

hahah, Dems are such losers.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Democrats are saying we have witnesses that are important to whether wrongdoing occurred, if they know this, how could they in good conscience take a vote when they admit they do not have all the evidence yet?

Democrats don't have good conscience's.

That's why they impeached Trump without Trump ever facing his accuser.

Democrats have done MORE to subvert due process,civil liberty, and democratic votes.

Than communists ever did.

230 some odd votes over 63 million votes.

All the while draping themselves in the red,white,and blue.
edit on 19-12-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
A rush to impeach by any means necessary. It's obvious the Democrats felt the need to impeach Trump before the new year. Now that they have, they can either go to trial now or never send it to The Senate. It's not the Senate's role to provide more testimony and evidence, they are the jury who are supposed to weigh the evidence the House collected.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: swanne

I do not understand what you mean the witness is excluded from the vote. Witnesses don't vote, they inform the people who then vote.

If the Democrats argument is these witnesses are vital to knowing if wrongdoing occurred then why were they not called before the House vote?

Because these alleged 'witnesses' don't exist, and they're hoping upon hope, praying is desperation, that someone...anyone...will come forward to help their pathetic and disgusting cause. It could be some wino bag-lady at this point, they don't care, just anyone!

ETA - Doesn't matter anyway, they passed their little charade. Now I guess we'll see. Be on the lookout for house democrats desperately fleeing for cover today!
edit on 12/19/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   
We have to vote to impeach to see what's in the impeachment....haha namcy6

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Hmm, I see what you mean.

Weird indeed.

It is only weird if this is an actual impeachment. It makes total sense if it is political propaganda being wielded as a weapon because they did not get their way in 2016.

I can't think of a single reason the House would do this if the impeachment is not simply a political weapon without any actual merit. Thus, this thread, I am wondering if anyone can make sense of it, I can't.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Because it had to be passed before Hillary enters the race.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Why?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

why were these witnesses not called before the vote

They, and a bunch of documents, were subpoenaed, but Trump ordered his staff to ignore the subpoenas. That's why Trump has been impeached for obstruction of Congress.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Because these alleged 'witnesses' don't exist,

They exist. The Democrats have asked that the Senate call 4 key witnesses, who ignored their subpoenas.

Those witnesses are acting White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney, former National Security Advisor John Bolton, Mulvaney’s senior advisor Robert Blair, and Associate Director for National Security at the Office of Management and Budget Michael Duffey. They’re all current or former members of President Donald Trump’s administration who have direct knowledge of his discussions with Ukraine about political investigations and military aid. All four were called to testify as part of the House inquiry, though they declined to show up.

dnyuz.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I'll tell you why. Because they're the House majority and knew they could do this regardless of who or what they heard, no matter the lack of evidence. That's exactly why they'll continue to withhold from the Senate.

Now, the real question here should be, how could they be THAT stupid?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Democrats are saying we have witnesses that are important to whether wrongdoing occurred, if they know this, how could they in good conscience take a vote when they admit they do not have all the evidence yet?

Democrats don't have good conscience's.

That's why they impeached Trump without Trump ever facing his accuser.

Democrats have done MORE to subvert due process,civil liberty, and democratic votes.

Than communists ever did.

230 some odd votes over 63 million votes.

All the while draping themselves in the red,white,and blue.

Notice how "separation of church and state" (something they've preached against for decades) didn't seem to be an issue all of the sudden?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

The democrats did the same thing they impeached the president for. Abuse of power and obstruction of Congress.

How's that for irony, and how does it feel to wake up with Trump still your president, and knowing he'll still be your president until January 2025?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
They are searching for these great witnesses as I type this.

They're just trying to find someone else like Christine Blasey Ford that's willing to be paid almost a million dollars to lie under oath.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha
Then the House should have waited for the Courts. Even your statement implies that currently, the House didn't have enough evidence to Impeach. Yet they did, and under some shady actions. What a shock on that bit.

They finalized the Impeachment in the House. It's a done deal. Blame Pelosi for this mess they created.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join