It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi needs to be removed for abuse of power

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

The problem is that the impeachment was rushed. The "obstruction" charge is damning to House Dems because they didn't bother to seek court subpoenas. In the case of Clinton a Special Prosecutor was hired to ferret out details, so there was at least some semblance of propriety.

In this case, it was mostly closed door sessions and a refusal to allow any exculpatory evidence to be presented. What we got were a parade of people who have stated their disdain for Trump telling stories.

Given the lies submitted to FISA already, you understand that there is a low amount of trust in the "process", right?

I expect there to be SCOTUS challenges to what has happened thus far.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Because they didn't go that route.

And exactly what did the Dems in the house do that is abuse of power? What unlawful act have they committed?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

And exactly what did the Dems in the house do that is abuse of power?

House Democrats violated the Bill of Rights in pursuing their impeachment inquiry against President Donald Trump.

First Amendment: House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA), which led the impeachment inquiry, released a 300-page report in which he printed phone logs purportedly belonging to Ranking Member Devin Nunes (R-CA), presidential lawyer Rudy Giuliani, and journalist John Solomon. Schiff has never made clear what authority granted him the power to snoop on a journalist (among others) — a violation of freedom of the press.

Fourth Amendment: Schiff’s snooping on phone logs violated the protection against “unreasonable searches and seizures.” There are exceptions for legitimate law enforcement investigations, but there is no exception for lawmakers, and Schiff’s inquiry had no law enforcement purpose;

Fifth Amendment: President Trump was denied the due process rights guaranteed to his predecessors in prior impeachment inquiries.

Sixth Amendment: Democrats violated the president’s right to counsel when they snooped on Giuliani’s phone records, even making a public record of his conversations with the White House, potentially violating attorney-client privilege.

All this abuse of power by the DemocRATS, yet Pelosi wants the Senate to run a "fair" and "impartial" trial. She has no right to tell the Senate how to proceed with a Constitutional process that clearly states: “The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments.”

This banana republic is on the verge of collapse.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

And exactly what did the Dems in the house do that is abuse of power? What unlawful act have they committed?

Its all political theater. But I would say that there may be some stuff coming out in the Durham report, based on rumor and speculation. I would also say that subverting the will of the people isn't exactly a smart move, whether illegal or not.

Keep this in mind: there is no difference between McConnel saying he would not be impartial, and the Dems saying they would impeach Trump on the day he was elected without any substance to support it.

This is a Constitutional crisis that SCOTUS is likely going to have to work out.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

As I understand it, Impeachment in the house is more like a grand jury. They are just seeing if there's enough evidence to warrant a trial.

And those closed door sessions, well those rules were put in place by Republicans a few years ago when they were going after Hillary.

But don't worry, Trump will have all the chances in the world to present as much evidence as he wishes at trial.

If he's not guilty then he has nothing to worry about.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This is why I come here less and less every day.

It just gets too hysterically funny. Or incredible.
or both.
No don't bother responding. I won't see it.

You have no clue what Pelosi's duties entail and you make it up as you go along.
Whatever sounds the best or the worst depending on the subject of course.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

the unwillingness to admit that the process thus far has been a tiny bit unfair, leads me to believe that they left is either super stupid, or super criminal, or possibly both.

But with the premature ejackment put on by the left, it's hard to imagine they are done. I mean, this is the last ditch effort, and they blew their wad about 2.3 seconds in. So what will happen during the next 4 years? Surely a second impeachment would be laughed at all the way to the vote. But if history is any indication, the house will be republican majority soon, and the senate should just be stronger. The likelihood of RBG not retiring over the next 4 is slimmer than my wallet. So with 3 SCOTUS pics, all the trade wins, and the economy, I'd say history will laugh harder at the dems than the joke they appear to be today.

I just hope Al Green, Pelosi, Shumer, Naddler, Schiff, and Talib can be voted out for their own mental health status. It would be cruel and unusual to make them continue to work with a man they hate so much.
edit on 19-12-2019 by network dude because: fixed error

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

As I understand it, Impeachment in the house is more like a grand jury. They are just seeing if there's enough evidence to warrant a trial.

And those closed door sessions, well those rules were put in place by Republicans a few years ago when they were going after Hillary.

But don't worry, Trump will have all the chances in the world to present as much evidence as he wishes at trial.

If he's not guilty then he has nothing to worry about.

Im not worried honestly. I've always said i don't really care for the guy, although i think he's done a decent job as President.

The House had a duty to find out facts to determine if a trial was needed. They, instead, ignored opportunities to find out exculpatory facts.

nonetheless, when this happened with Clinton it cost the GOP dearly. I expect the same here. Those of us in the middle aren't fond of this nonsense political theater, and will likely vote to speak to this lack of fondness.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I wouldn't trust reporting from Breitbart anymore than I would trust reporting from CNN. And all your links are Breitbart.

However if there's any chance that Dems did anything illegal. I would not be opposed to having them tried and stuck in prison if found guilty.

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

or both.

You have no clue what Pelosi's duties entail and you make it up as you go along.

"Hillary will 100% beat Trump and EVERYONE knows it"

-sillyolme Oct 2016

Lolz🤪

link   

or both.

You don't come here because all of your predictions were null an void and none of your posting appeal to the everyday user.

You're rightfully called out for the BS you spew and put into your place.

You Russian Dossier thread failed, you sexual assault claims on the don failed, your Mueller festivities came to a resounding stop and now, here we are, using the max party line vote to push an unconstitutional partisan impeachment sham.

We absolutely know what Pelosis is entitled to and her duties.

You're just here because you fear what Pelosis fears and YOU KNOW THERE ISN'T ANYTHING PELOSIS CAN DO TO PREVENT THE ARTICLES FROM GOING TO THE SENATE.

Your journey of hate ends there 🤗

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I refer you to Shawmanfrommy.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
She should be removed for abuse of botox.

Or abuse of booze.

One of our most esteemed members is fond of pointing out that one can be impeached for "chronic intoxication".

Impeach her.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scepticaldem

or both.

"Hillary will 100% beat Trump and EVERYONE knows it"

-sillyolme Oct 2016

Lolz🤪
OMGZ!! I've been meaning to capture all of Sillys qoutes to use against the user, how about that? Responding to the user with their own typed posts 😂

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   

PELOSIS

Sounds like a disease.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

you are a living caricature of the idiocy of the left.
Please, don't leave. What you lack in any semblance of common sense, you more than make up for in comedic value.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

PELOSIS

Sounds like a disease.
*Ack* Help! Silly gave me the PELOSIS! WHAT DO I DO 🤢😷🤒🤧🤕🤒

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

It must be embarrassing parroting CNN all the time.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: JinMI

PELOSIS

Sounds like a disease.
*Ack* Help! Silly gave me the PELOSIS! WHAT DO I DO 🤢😷🤒🤧🤕🤒

The only known cure is knowledge, common sense and a dash of intelligence. Integrity sold separately.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Seriously? For weeks, EVERY time somebody brings up how Trump doesn't seem to be getting a fair shake in the impeachment inquiry, as pertaining to due process, all we have heard is how impeachment isn't a legal process, it's a political process. Now suddenly the Dems ( and some members here) are worried about a fair trial? It's a political process, not a legal one

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join