It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Queen's Speech.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: swanne

Her boys a beast, some might say that's not very Christian, well unless you are a priest.

These people are above the law and indicative of a time period long gone and no longer required.

You mean her boy is a beast?

Which one?

Our monarchy is a staple of our constitution. I know you hate that being the progressive loon that you are.

Aren't you Scottish too? I am.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

At near enough 94 years old, that's actually praiseworthy, I'm surprised she still kens what day of the week it is.

Must be all that children's blood "they" drink.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

That would be Andrew for a start.

It's not my monarchy, never has been never will be, and unless you are of royal birth, its not yours nether, no matter where you hail from in the UK.

I'm Scottish indeed. but as to lunacy, well pick a window mate, its crazy out there, to be anything else would simply be counterproductive i suppose.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
You do know that, by constitutional tradition, Boris wrote that speech? Her job is just to read it out.

It confirmed that she conforms to the will of the British people.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
Queens speech, because anything the royal waste of space says actually means anything, c'mon people, get real.

You'd be better off spending your time doing other things with your life

I had literally nothing else to do. On this occasion though I'm glad I watched it as it made me feel secure about the Brexit.

This is a big f#cking deal, you do know that don't you?

It's akin to the United States declaring independence from the British Empire...

Do you know what 'naive' means?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Perhaps you would prefer Queen Victoria? You know, she who went even to the length of banning clothes that she didn't like people to wear?

I find that HMQ Elizabeth is at least making the effort of evolving and pushing the UK into a state of independence from the globalist EU.

No, her rule hasn't been perfect. I have much to criticize about several of her policies in the past. But all in all, I do think she's been rather decent and lenient of a monarchical authority, and, in my opinion, this at least deserves recognition.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   

It was actually an honest question.

What does BREXIT have to do with the Queen suddenly speaking out on politics?

BTW...if you've been reading any of my posts you will know I am a strong supporter of the UK leaving the EU, and have been celebrating your recent elections right along with you.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Thanks for the explanation.

Though I think I got a bit lost in the 3rd paragraph.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Half of England is owned by less than 1% of the population, the majority of such carrying title and sway over the land.

Not much different in my own nation.

Perfect for some, not so for the rest im afraid.

She's not the worst monarch, and at the end of the day an old lady, but what she represents is draconian power beyond belief.
edit on 19-12-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Sorry I go a bit too far sometime's, get carried away with the keyboard (which would not be that bad but then you have to suffer my atrocious grammar and spelling).

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Half of England is owned by less than 1% of the population, the majority of such carrying title and sway over the land.

Not much different in my own nation.

Perfect for some, no so for the rest im afraid.

She not the worst, and at the end of the day an old lady, but what she represents is draconian power beyond belief.

Absolutely true and the aristocracy usually just stole that land even as late as the 1800's in Scotland were the Scottish aristocracy often with no deed of ownership were able thank's to there owning the court's to force people out of there ancestral land's effectively depopulating Scotland in what was perhaps the biggest land theft since the Norman Invasion, how many died as a result we may never know and all to farm sheep and hunt grouse.

edit on 19-12-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

What would you rather propose?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

A lot of dead royals, aristocrats, Lords, Ladies, and landed gentry swinging from the trees.

Pretty much another French revolution or Guy Fawkes night that succeeds.

So nothing thats plausible or on the cards anytime soon.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely, which is exactly how their type travel and do business, pretty much the colour of there day.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Do you not feel... that a community must have a leader?

And that mob mentality might not lead to the best of outcomes? The French Revolution gave us Napoleon.

The one that kills them all... do you really think he won't be corrupted by power at the end?

edit on 19-12-2019 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Two argument's in one there.
Power corrupts far more those that are NEW too it, think a certain former Militant female member in Tony Blair's cabinet whom was suddenly wearing mink coat's, driving expensive car's and living the high life once he was in power and how right wing those former militant's suddenly became.
And the other side of the coin is that the Queen has never known anything else and so the power could not corrupt her because she had no choice in the matter, in fact in many way's she had no freedom and was a virtual prisoner, she never really had any choice.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

She even recently decided to stop using animal fur. No doubt as a publicity move to gain support, but that at least shows us she cares for people's support.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I've always picked at scabs swanne, for better or worse.

I think the system of rule is antiquated and needs replacing then the mass wealth the royals have accumulated distributed a hell of a lot more equally.

Nobody is going to kill them or severely challenge there type in any sort of meaningful manner.

Don't mean that we cannot hope all the same.

They are above the law swanne, and that can never be good.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I would argue that no system of rule is going to work for us until we get the people actually educated and involved in the politics they always leave to other's, as long as they leave it to other's and just vote once every 5 years with no real awareness of the issues for which they are voting government in any system regardless of what that system is will only ever work for a minority of them.

Education is key, our kid's are being dumbed down and our media is unashamedly biased while our people are usually so shell shocked by the time they go to the poll's - if they even decide to go to the poll's that they are usually only voting on one or two issues and have no idea of what type of governance they are putting into place as a result.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

You do have a point. There shouldn't be people above the law any longer.

One of the first things I did when writing the Constitution for Asgardia was to limit the power of the government. When Asgardia rejected my draft, I went over to Alaurentia and wrote their constitution. Once again, first thing I had in mind: everyone should be equal before the law.

I too hope someday this self-evident must-have becomes a standard. It's the only way, in my opinion, to minimize most political abuses we see in everyday news.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Queens speech, because anything the royal waste of space says actually means anything, c'mon people, get real.

You'd be better off spending your time doing other things with your life

I had literally nothing else to do. On this occasion though I'm glad I watched it as it made me feel secure about the Brexit.

This is a big f#cking deal, you do know that don't you?

It's akin to the United States declaring independence from the British Empire...

Do you know what 'naive' means?

I do and I usually have little to no faith the future of our country but this feels different.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join