It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 24

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

HA! We can still party Zazz. Every day is a celebration.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Be kind to yourself and love yourself for the beautiful human being that you are. Acknowledge your positive attributes and see yourself through the eyes of those who truly care.

I know these words were meant for Fin .. but they reminded me of something my son said to me once, when I was particularly down about myself.

I’m very blessed to have such a wonderfully supportive son and daughter , despite making mistakes in my parenting at times, and just simply as a human.

He once said to me that anything good he has in his heart he got from me.. but I had to set him straight on that. Anything good and beautiful in him , he got from God.

It is important to be kind to ones self ... and to see your attributes through the eyes of those who really ‘truly’care.

Sometimes that means disengaging from shallow ‘fake’ type internet relationships ( for me anyway)..and focusing on those you KNOW truly care... and actually clearly see your attributes .. though there are souls on the net who have developed many true friendships... but I think those are rare... just as in real life.

Thanks for reminding me of his beautiful words at a time I needed to hear them... (life has been a bit trying as of late but I’ve had a fantastic day today ). Not every mother is blessed to have a son so loving... and Lord knows I need that special love at times... considering how cold and callous the net can be.

A song I have personally dedicated to my son more than a few times .. and he really has molded into that man in the song and I am very proud of him.

He’s recently been thinking of becoming an addictions counsellor and I hope all his hopes come to fruition. He really does seem to have a passion for wanting to help others with issues that are hurting them long term.

Once again thank you for reminding me of some wonderful words from my son, Night.

It truly is good to know the right people care !
edit on 27-1-2020 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Ah, one song I have always loved and posted before. My Nephew on my Husband's side who lost his Mom many years ago...that song means a lot to him.

I don't have children. It must be amazing to have children to love and who love and support you.

An addiction counsellor would be a very rewarding job for your Son. You can't save them all, but you can save some and that is a wonderful thing.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Good Morning or whatever it is for you my lovelies!

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:59 AM
link   

I don't have children. It must be amazing to have children to love and who love and support you.

It definitely is like an anchor of love in your life.

It certainly hasn’t all been ‘wonderful’ at times. Children go through their ‘growing pains’ .. and often it was a challenge to keep it together as he went through his fazes of rebellion.

We went through some extremely rough times, but we both know deep in our hearts those are long behind us.

We may occasionally still buttheads over a petty political opinion, but the love is deep and real and I’m grateful to have it.

I think he is aware you can’t fix everyone’s addictions, as he has struggled with his own and is finally getting a grasp on it. His addiction to online gaming was seriously controlling his life and he needed that to change as well as being in a rut of daily pot smoking.

He decided all this on his own and I think he sees that’s key to helping others.. they need to WANT it bad enough.

He has replaced the addictions with physical work outs , and focusing on eating very healthy. I’m praying he will keep it up because he seems so darn happy 😃.. and that means everything to me.

I would still love him without the changes.. never had any expectations he would or should. It was something he wanted to do for himself.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Happy Australia to all my brethren!
Let's party !

Oh wait it was yesterday.

From a "currency lad', thank you. Tragically as portrayed by the media I am nothing but a white scum invader. Me and 'true love' hate being portrayed as such. But okay, we're invaders. We worked many years in the 'top end'. I trained the 1st all indigenous police squad on 2 occasions. (history) Yet I am nothing but an invader.

Sorry I helped the Aboriginals and I'm white. Wait...why are we (true love and I) saying sorry?

Dislike racist media.

They are the cause of many tensions and disgrace.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

From a "currency lad', thank you. Tragically as portrayed by the media I am nothing but a white scum invader. Me and 'true love' hate being portrayed as such. But okay, we're invaders. We worked many years in the 'top end'. I trained the 1st all indigenous police squad on 2 occasions. (history) Yet I am nothing but an invader.

Sir.

My original intention was to write a "thank you" post for those who supported me once again, and then i was going to write some really meaningless stuff. But this is important for me now. To let you know.

Media here does not portray you as a "white scum invader" at all. Take my word for it. Sometimes when Australia is mentioned, then first there were the Aboriginals and then some people sailed from somewhere and now they live in peace. Australia is very far away, almost like another planet, but Finnish people seem to generally view them with respect. And so do i. VERY many people here think that Capital city is Sydney. Some say Melbourne...
But for me, it is no big deal. What matters is that Australia is a fine western civilized nation that, obviously, has absolutely wonderful people living there.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Thanks friends, for all the support once again. Feeling better now.

Sometimes, if i really open up to you, it can make me feel like a whiner. Maybe that is the reality. The case. But if i sugar coat my writings when i feel bad, none of you would be able to provide me another viewpoint. Like you just have done. You people are the best. You rock.

Yesterday the eating difficulties were back. In the morning, i managed to eat two slices of rye bread with butter and dried garlic. And that was it. I have noticed, that when there are mental health issues involved, it is really not a good idea to let blood sugar rise and go down like a roller coaster. More stable blood sugar = more stable mind.

A moment ago i walked 7 km (4.3 miles) to downtown. Super boring bureaucracy stuff to deal with. There is a local burger place, a couple of weeks ago they had a campaign "veggie burger 2 euros" i was thinking of testing it but didn't make it. Now i saw ads that "Veggie-cheese burger 1 euro" and fell for it right away. So i went there, bought and ate three. Really happy with that. My goal is to eat more later today but if i can't, those 3 veggie burgers really were a significant victory anyway.

I hope that this new week brings all of you joy, kindness and pleasure. But for some people, sometimes, those things are temporarily not within reason to expect to come just like that. If that is the case, i hope you can cope with it. Just get by somehow. Don't fall. I won't, at least not today.

With Gratitude
F
edit on 27-1-2020 by Finspiracy because: Typo monster seen in this area, everyone seek shelter!

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

I concur with your comments about Australia.

I am happy to hear that Shed folks have helped you, even if only for a while. If our love and friendship can carry you through, that is a wonderful thing. There are times when it seems as though words are just not enough, but it is all we have living so very far away from you. Behind the words are great love and love is a powerful thing. Hugs!

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Dedicated to some people who made a choice on my behalf ...that released me from too much negative energy and untruths. Thank you !
It was a choice I had been planning to make for sometime, but was advised against it.

edit on 27-1-2020 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
And somewhere deep in the forest...

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Ha! I put my very first ATS avatar up. Wow, that was a long time ago.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Choice!

Looks very dangerous.

Bally

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

She has my bangs and long hair. Wish I had her body. I need a new one. LOL

Dangerous eh? Just be nice and I won't have to take my sword out of its' scabbard.

How are things going Bally? Weather any cooler? Things getting fixed up?

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Haha! I changed it again. This is a magical kitty.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

She has my bangs and long hair. Wish I had her body. I need a new one. LOL

Dangerous eh? Just be nice and I won't have to take my sword out of its' scabbard.

How are things going Bally? Weather any cooler? Things getting fixed up?

bangs, Heerr heerr , bangs, shy chortle.

Weather isn't living up to the forecasts. No rain today and humid. Was going to work today but our bitch of a dog, Swiss Shepard x Retriever (Polar) decided to go walkies this morning with the one eyed toy poodle (Rusty). We searched for an hour but Truey had to go to work without me. Young fella and I then walked for miles in the sticks before giving it a rest. No sign of them. Polar is pure white so among the blackened surrounds I thought we may spy her with the little fella trailing.

Midday they turn up and the plan was enacted. Young fella sees them enter the house and runs around closing the doors. Out comes the chain and the big dog is now incarcerated in the cool surrounds of the laundry until she gets over her moments while on heat. Little dog banished outside. He won't leave on his own. Next trip to town and to the vet soon.

So all's settled again. Eating 'pie and sauce' crisps now which I bought yesterday.

Nom Nom, not bad. Better than the 'lamington' crisps.

Kind regards,

Bally

edit on 28-1-2020 by bally001 because: Add pic

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Anyone remember Riverbabe ^^^ from my earliest stories in the Shed ? Her parents were River and Jack and they all met Sheye on a magic ship going through a portal to another Shed.

They settled in the land of Accasia well enough until the ‘big battle’.. but haven’t been heard from since. That would be because I just haven’t ‘felt’ like writing, but I think that will change soon.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Haha! I didn't mean those kind of bangs. I suppose you call bangs 'fringe'?

Man, I'm glad you found the dogs. I was worried there for a minute. Pie and sauce crisps... Hmmm...interesting.
I'm craving ice cream and no, I'm not pregnant. Too old for that.

new topics

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join