It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 24

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Delightful little story.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Actually love is both, but this picture was so darned cute.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Me again. LOL

Making a 15 bean soup with ham in the crockpot. Looks like we'll be farting around later. I'll save some for my dear Sheddites.

What a difference a day can make. One day you may feel like crap and the next, you're filled with inspiration and wonder.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Actually, it was working GREAT!! I was almost magically transported back into 1974. Ahhhhhhhhh. What a great time.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Thank you!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
The funniest thing I read this week, and this is for reals.

The Dutch authorities sent a SWAT team to a Italian food joint in Den Haag (the Hague) last week. A classy joint apparently. They arrest an Italian man that works there regularly preparing food for customers for the last, oh 20 years or so, let's call him Tony. They arrest Tony. (They know who he is hence the SWAT team. They don't use SWAT often in Holland.)

Turns out Tony is some big name in certain Mafia circles, he's been "missing" for around the last 20 years or so. Turns out he's been living and working legally in Holland. The newspaper article was hilarious, reports from shocked customers:

"He made the best calzone I have ever had!
His pizza was to die for!
This guy knew what he was doin'!
His sausage was unequalled in The Hague!
He paints houses!" (That's a gangster movie reference joke.)

Holland is a weird kinda place sometimes. I try to blend into the background too. I should work on my hair more though. They are still open for business, they just wanted Tony. Maybe they have a vacancy now. I'd have to start at the bottom and work my way up obviously, but I've seen gangster movies. And they are good cooks.
edit on 29/12/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Me again. LOL

Making a 15 bean soup with ham in the crockpot. Looks like we'll be farting around later. I'll save some for my dear Sheddites.

What a difference a day can make. One day you may feel like crap and the next, you're filled with inspiration and wonder.

Are you saying that you are saving some of soup or the farts for us?

I'm in the mood for soup as well but there is none in the house.
edit on 12 29 2019 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Waiting for my sauna to warm up enough, did a Yung personality test, based on Briggs Myers test, because i haven't done it in this apartment, and i have been here like 4 years or something. Nothing much has changed.

Introvert(100%) Sensing(12%) Feeling(50%) Perceiving(38%)
You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (100%)
You have slight preference of Sensing over Intuition (12%)
You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (50%)
You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (38%)

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Sauna was really great and i had a nice pizza. Tomato - mozzarella cheese - basil.

I have some beers here but i don't know. Seems a bit pointless. I have no pain inside now which i would have to try to kill. And a long time ago i forgot how to celebrate/party. Water consumption is bigger than beer consumption.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Hmm, after a while's worth of warm weather, and now a buttload of rain, it looks like we'll be tanking the temps throughout the day today and looking at half a foot or more of snow by tomorrow evening. I can't argue with that, we had a 60* Christmas here in MI, and my pile of seasoned wood out in the garage went unused both Christmas Eve and Christmas day, boo! The kids weren't very happy with that (or the total lack of snow all together) but the fireplace can churn out a hell of a lot of heat, so it's not really a pleasant thing when it's practically open-the-windows weather outside.

Oh, and at least one of the fish had enough of Nemo's alpha fish crap, and bit his tail fin off. Just the fin, it should grow back, maybe. Quick Edit: I should clarify that the tail was completely gone overnight, whereas it was absolutely fine yesterday, totally intact, normal & not damaged. We visually check the fish every day to make sure they're not nipping each other (Nemo really is an ass)
He's fine otherwise, though definitely not Top Dog in the tank anymore, judging by his behavior. On the downside to that, one of the red/pink ones kicked the bucket this morning in the last few hours. Older kid found 'em on the bottom on the tank and fished it out with the net. I very highly doubt it's disease or the tank water being off, the rest seem absolutely happy-go-lucky in there (aside from Nemo, still sulking around in the grass grove)

From what I've spent time reading this morning, glofish tetras live 4-5 years at most, and the neighbor that gave them to us already had them long enough for Kitty the Catfish to grow from juvenile to adult, which takes about 2-2.5 years. That's my best estimate at bare minimum age, so they were all around 2.5-3 years old at the youngest this past summer. She'd said she had them for several years, so 3 or 4 could be more likely. They very well could be approaching old age now and gearing up to die off from it.

I'm still going to do a tank water change, and treat the remaining water (and thus, the fish) for illness, just in case. It won't hurt the fish any, it's just a waste of tank meds at worst.

Another thing that fish could have died from is hierarchy shuffling stressing it out. They can be fickle creatures with hierarchy change.
edit on 12/30/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
"Mum...the piano tuner's here...!"

Give it time, he uses toilet brushes in the first 2 minutes. Really. I'm sure they are clean. It's a nice wake-up piece, 15 minutes long.

It's my birthday today. 49. I should have had birthday brownies but forgot to bake them. The last piece of the old batch disappeared last night. It was getting old.
Also, piano lessons might have been a good idea when I was younger. Ah well.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Beautiful music! Who the hell thinks of using toilet brushes in music? LOL

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIGHT!

Birthday dinner coming up.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

I left some soup for you in the Shed kitchen Blue.
Fresh pot of coffee is on.
Plenty for everyone.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

I would have added mushrooms to that pizza.
How many questions did they ask you in the test?

No pain inside? Yay! Throws out whatever beer Fin has down the sink.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Poor Nemo. I take it he is the only one of his breed in the tank?

After sleeping like a baby the night before last...Cat woke me up early today and I was freezing and had to turn the heat up, so now it's zombie time, or nap time.

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Poor Nemo. I take it he is the only one of his breed in the tank?

No, he's one of the Glofish Tetras, he was the established Alpha with an attitude before the rest overthrew him the other night, lol. There were 7 Glofish, down to 6 now, and there's the two catfish (Kitty and Casper) The Glofish group just decided his reign was finished, I guess. I'm hoping he mellows out some, he was extremely pushy with them all. He even tried to gang up on Casper when we introduced him (Kitty put an end to that real quick, as uncharacteristic as it is for the extremely docile corydora catfish)

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Not only do you have children, (like that's not enough, right?), you have squabbling fish! I never knew much about fish-keeping. I just thought they all lived in a tank, ate water grass, got along and swam round all day. How silly I was. (Obviously even as a man I realise the tank will need to be cleaned regularly.) I'm glad I don't have fish. Cleaning, changing, water-quality, missing fins, lights, filters, pumps...

Mickey in Fantasia looks like he has things relatively easy, in comparison. Maybe it's just me.

"Just the tail fin." Wait, what? Does it swim in spirals or circles?

On the other hand, whenever I visit someone that has one of those colourful fishtanks I can never take my eyes off the thing! "Calming effect activation detected. Please remain seated, and stare. Thank you."

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Maybe Nemo had mental problems. Do fish have mental problems? LOL

posted on Dec, 30 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Fish are amazing! You just have do research before buying them to see which breeds can be kept together and how much space is required etc.

I'll eventually get another betta as they are so easy to care for and so beautiful. The turtle tank is a major upkeep though. Had him for years.

I had the fairies make you a cake. Sorry, one decided to sit on it. I think she wants to go home with you. Faeries are great company.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join