It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 24

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

All the music around me was silence in my head.
All the silence around me was music in my head.
Love was all the silence, all the music, around me and in my head."

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

I was sipping French vanilla coffee while watching the video. LOL

Wait...what? Vanilla coffee..? What?

"Officer Coffee, I'd like to report a crime..."
edit on 28/12/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Looks to the left. Looks to the right. Ponders a moment. Thinks of a proper spell...

I love misspelled words. I tried writing proper and it came out prper. Like...what the hell is a prper?

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Wanders in cautiously

Sees every one is valiantly defending the nature of coffee.
I prefer my coffee, straight and strong, as my whiskey and men, with a bitter touch to keep me alert, a subtle sweetness as it settles in. Perhaps just a little cream to enhance the experience.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Carrie Fisher - Wishful Drinking (possibly deleted on youtube)

She's the actress Steven Spielberg got to pose in a metal bra on camera all those years ago so that science-fiction could be made. Star Wars. If you do nothing else with your life than listen to Carrie Fisher describe hers, things could be worse.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

'ello Wis!

I just tried to write a poem or haiku about coffee, but it sucked. LOL
What the...??? When I wrote 'write', it came out 'weite'. The pixies have done something to my keyboard. It wasn't me, I swear.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Speaking of youube, I came in here to share this. Thought it was cool. GAH. I put yourtube instead of youtube. Maybe I need some regular coffee.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: WalkInSilence

'ello Wis!

I just tried to write a poem or haiku about coffee, but it sucked. LOL
What the...??? When I wrote 'write', it came out 'weite'. The pixies have done something to my keyboard. It wasn't me, I swear.

Maybe I can help with some prose.

"I, wake up...Coffee,

I make breakfast....Coffee,

I zombie walk....Coffee,

I take amazingly long leaks.....Coffee,

Am I ready for the day?

More beer flavored coffee."

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I stopped drinking the stuff several days ago, which was roughly a week (or two...who's counting?) after I stopped smoking the devil's lettuce, which I used to help me stop drinking about 8 years ago. I'm as "straightedge" as I've been for over twenty-five years.

It's rubbish, so far.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

I hear you. Quittin' # takes sand, doesn't it? A year after I quit smoking, my Doctor said to me, "so how do you feel about cigarettes now?" I said, "you know that burnout friend that you had in high school....... they were always scheming, nothing they did was really good, and you always got it trouble with them, but when they left, you missed them? That's how I feel about smoking. If you told me I had six months to live, I'd go buy a carton, because, Doc, I loved to smoke."

You know what else? You know what I can't stand? Reformed smokers that rapidly fan their hands in front of their faces and put on that poodle cough when they smell cigarette smoke. That really pisses me off. Look, smokers don't want to offend your tender senses, but we haz an addiction here that needs feeding, so if'n you'd just mosey that way, we'll mosey this way and all will be well. It's been three years, and I still like the smell of cigarettes, or pipes, or cigars.

I imagine when I'm in my 80's, I'm going to be pretty straight with my doctor: "I'm old. I want Xanex; it makes my head feel good. It dulls the sharp corners. I like that. I want you to give it to me, and I don't want to have to struggle for it."

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus
I hear you. Quittin' # takes sand, doesn't it? A year after I quit smoking, my Doctor said to me, "so how do you feel about cigarettes now?" I said, "you know that burnout friend that you had in high school....... they were always scheming, nothing they did was really good, and you always got it trouble with them, but when they left, you missed them? That's how I feel about smoking. If you told me I had six months to live, I'd go buy a carton, because, Doc, I loved to smoke."

That friend was me. Be glad you got away. Not much worked out for me even after I tried to straighten up.

You know what else? You know what I can't stand? Reformed smokers that rapidly fan their hands in front of their faces and put on that poodle cough when they smell cigarette smoke. That really pisses me off. Look, smokers don't want to offend your tender senses, but we haz an addiction here that needs feeding, so if'n you'd just mosey that way, we'll mosey this way and all will be well. It's been three years, and I still like the smell of cigarettes, or pipes, or cigars.

Heartily agree. Once when I was walking with my (7 year old) daughter downtown, a barfly was out smoking a cigarette. (These folks should be allowed to smoke in bars in the first place!) She did the whole routine, waving her hand and stage-coughing. I was embarrassed by it, and it felt totally backward correcting the behavior...but I think it's just plain rude. I believe she picked it up in school, which irks me. The schools would never balance the scales by talking about the nootropic benefits of tobacco.

I imagine when I'm in my 80's, I'm going to be pretty straight with my doctor: "I'm old. I want Xanex; it makes my head feel good. It dulls the sharp corners. I like that. I want you to give it to me, and I don't want to have to struggle for it."

I routinely tell my wife that if I somehow live to be 80, I'm going to start smoking again. Depending on how the intervening years go, I might move that up 20 years.
edit on 12/28/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Some help in relaxing and contemplation .

music.youtube.com...

Enjoy !

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Sooooooooo.............. what you're saying is that you and yours and me and mine should vacation together.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Totally doesn't sound like the beginning of a horror movie, It'll be fine! Drinks by the lake, sharks jumping out, madman in the background with a chainsaw he can't turn off and yet you Mods still complain. What's a guy gotta do round here?

edit on 28/12/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   

You know, the way my twisted mind works, I think if you inserted an Ethel Merman concert right here, it would blow everyone's mind in a really good way.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Yoink! Gonna be using that tonight, thank you very much.

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I wish I could hear it. Not available in my country. *grumble* kickrock

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Perhaps my description will be soothing enough:

The first video is two very friendly-looking hippies sitting comfortably in perfectly manicured, lush green grass. They are casually playing some sort of melodic hand drums a---

I feel like this is just not working. I'm sorry.
edit on 12/28/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Try this one ...

youtu.be...

Or this ...

youtu.be...

edit on 28-12-2019 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

I love the hand drums!

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Just look up 'hand drum music' on youtube in your country.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join