It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives, I'm curious...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011
a reply to: thesearchfortruth
Why do all these "anti racists" seem to choose to live in areas that are overwhelmingly white? It kind of smells of hypocrisy doesn't it?

You're suggesting that living in a mostly white area is racist? I think you have a skewed view of what racism is.

They probably live in those areas because they are nice areas, and they can afford to live there. Most people of color cannot. Do you need a lesson on the disparity of wealth between whites and minorities or would that be 'fake news' to you?

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I haven't been to South Carolina, and can't honestly contest your claim. However, there is no doubt in my mind that there is pressure to conform on both sides of the political spectrum. The fact that you cannot allow yourself to concede this point suggests either intellectual dishonesty, or willful ignorance.

A humorous example of some living near you who didn't feel

a HUGE amount of pressure to be progressive

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Conservatives have always been older on average. They tend to be more mature and have superior critical thinking skills. Progressives, other than their leaders tend to be younger and less mature. The really wise people tend to move on to being Independents and vote based on the candidate, not because a party told them too.

That was my evolution. Democrat when I was young and dumb. Switched to Republican as I grew wiser and my brain fully developed. Then switched to Independent as I truly matured. Of course some people never mature and minds are not created equal.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

And of course some people are more mature beyond their years, in other words you cannot categorically state "conservatives have superior critical thinking skills" oh wait you just did, I live and learn I must be a young dumb progressive, thanks wise dinosaur

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Conservatives have always been older on average. They tend to be more mature and have superior critical thinking skills.

That's one way of looking at it! I would say older people often have a hard time embracing change, and their thoughts arise from an outdated framework. The Republican party often panders to this view, runs on the desire to return to old ways and values ("Make America Great Again", etc...). But the only constant in this universe is change... Our views and politics must be always in flow if we are to be in consonance.

But perhaps my mind just wasn't created equal... who really knows? I genuinely don't.
Love your profile pic.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

LOL to your post. Trump wasn't elected on the white male vote alone and all of you know that. As for looks, most leftist leaders are pure to the bone ugly. Think: Pelosi, Schiff, Clinton, Nadler, Wasserman-Schultz...you name em. News channels aren't much different. Compare the women on Fox News to CNN. LOL there's just no comparison.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Visiting ESB

Trump wasn't elected on the white male vote alone and all of you know that.

Sure, but that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying there's a major discrepancy here, with every minority group opposing the republicans by a considerable margin. What is your reaction to that? That's what I'm asking.

As for looks, most leftist leaders are pure to the bone ugly. Think: Pelosi, Schiff, Clinton, Nadler, Wasserman-Schultz...you name em. News channels aren't much different. Compare the women on Fox News to CNN. LOL there's just no comparison.

I LOL to your post in return!! You're very funny I'll give you that haha

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesearchfortruth
What do you all think about the fact that a vast vast majority of republicans look the same. Specifically, they look like middle-aged to older white men. When we turn on fox news, we almost invariably see old, white men. Sometimes some white women. This is further reflected in voting demographics. Republicans dominate the white male vote, while democrats receive votes from a far more diverse spread of people.

I'm very curious as to your reaction to this... Why do you think this is? Is it simply a coincidence? Do you just not even think about it?

I'm not saying all white people are racist, or anything ridiculous like that. I'm annoyed by the extreme SJWs as much as the next person. In fact, I'm a white man approaching middle age myself. But I'm genuinely curious why you think this is, or if you've ever even thought about it...
More white men are wise enough to be conservative in their later years than most other categories of people in this country. It’s as simple as that. We’re the reason why this nation became the most powerful and influential in history. And while it seems virtually every tech billionaire these days is a self-described liberal and anti-Trumper, they could not have achieved their wealth and power without the groundwork laid by many generations of old white men, beginning with the Founding Fathers and continued by the amazing businessmen and inventors who made us the wealthiest nation on Earth by 1900, or at least the mightiest industrial and agricultural nation.

Why do you think every great nation in history has succeeded? It wasn’t because its people became liberals/progressives. Think of the greatest nations and empires the world has seen: Egyptian, Assyrian, Persian, Macedonian, Roman, Qin, Mongol, British, Russian, American. Were any of them liberal or progressive, with the partial exception of the Russian empire in its short-lived communist phase? Even today’s China strikes me as an extremely conservative society, stressing self-discipline, obedience, education and hard work — just the opposite of the values our children are taught these days.

Were any of the great empires less than conservative-to-the-core at the height of their power? I don’t think so.

America is still the most powerful and influential nation in history, but liberalism is ruining us, making each succeeding generation weaker, more entitled, less willing to delay gratification or able to deal with adversity.

The men of our Greatest Generation, who fought in WWII, would be shocked and dismayed by the silliness, impracticality and bizarre behavior of today’s progressives. Can you imagine Millennials and Generation Z taking on Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan simultaneously for three and a half years, or fighting the North Koreans and Chicoms to a standstill in Korea?

I think our very success has almost ruined us, causing us to become decadent and effete, to rot from the inside. A nation is only as great as its people, and I’m not impressed with what I see at the grocery store or walking the streets when I drive through our cities. We’re fat, soft, sloppily dressed, covered with tattoos and increasingly less white. Consider this: There has never been a First World nation that didn’t have either a white-majority or East Asian-majority population. Never. And we’re on course to being 50 percent white in 25 years. We were 90 percent white in WWII, and still 85 percent white when the Immigration and Nationalization act was passed in 1965. I sure hope all this multiculturalism and diversity is as good for our nation as the left insists it is; I guess we’re going to find out pretty soon.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: openminded2011

I would guess it is because people want to live in the nicest place they can afford. I know every time I went out to buy a home that is what I was looking for. I never counted how many people of Color were in the area.

I am not saying that there are not people that are so bigoted that they would give up an opportunity to live in the lap of luxury, if they could afford a place in a wealthy Black community, just because they hate Blacks.

I just don't believe that when most people are looking for a home, that they look for places that don't have people of Color, and I don't think that is why the people you speak of live where they do.

Oprah is not the only wealthy Black person in America, but I will use her as an example. Why do you think it is wrong for those others to live in an area with few people of Color, but think it is okay for people of Color to live in those same areas?

I am willing to bet their reasons for living where they live are close to the same, because color has very little to do with it.

Here is the problem I have with your response:

Liberal living in an 80-90 percent white neighborhood: "They just want to live somewhere nice"

Conservative living in an 80-90 percent white neighborhood, because its "nice": RACIST, WHITE NATIONALIST, etc.

Please don't deny that this double standard exists.

Also I am interested to know why you are seeming to imply that white neighborhoods are "nicer", that in itself sort of sounds a bit bigoted.
Not trying to pick a fight, just an observation.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

Also I am interested to know why you are seeming to imply that white neighborhoods are "nicer", that in itself sort of sounds a bit bigoted. Not trying to pick a fight, just an observation.

I am sorry my post led you to believe that I am bigoted, or that I think only White neighborhoods are "nicer". I have personally been in some predominately Black neighborhoods where I could not afford bed space in a studio apartment. So I don't think, I know for a fact, that "nicer"homes in Black neighborhoods exist. I have also been in predominately White neighborhoods that were just as poorly maintained and rodent infested as your worse ghetto.

The point I was trying to make is that I don't think the people named in the post, moved to the neighborhood they live in, because they were looking exclusively for predominately White neighborhoods, as suggested. I truly don't think the average person goes looking for housing based on how many White people live in it.

I think people purchase homes based on the nicest place they can find that they can afford. Again, I am not saying there are not bigoted people that do. I just would not classify them as your average person.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesearchfortruth

That's one way of looking at it! I would say older people often have a hard time embracing change,

So embracing change is voting straight D on every ticket no matter what?

Interesting.

posted on Dec, 23 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

My answer to that is that they constantly get told that because Republicans don't promise to throw race=specific chickens into their pot at election time, it means Republicans hate them. Of course, how many white-specific chickens are Republicans promising? None.

It speaks poorly of voter thinking skills that they allow themselves to believe that policies favoring individuals are somehow white-specific though.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join