It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives, I'm curious...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErEhWoN

Race is meaningless
a reply to: Breakthestreak

If this was true, wouldn't the GOP be diverse, instead of monochromatic?

Only racist tolerate no diversity in their ranks.

Just like you have so many diverse candidates standing on your debate stage: whiter and older and Yang. We had Two Hispanics, an African-American, and a white male as our final choices.

Why were the first ones to be eliminated from your candidate list the African-Americans and the Hispanics? Aren't you the party of love and tolerance and diversity?

Oh, that's right, you still do have the gay guy, but he preaches like an evangelical.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: thesearchfortruth

So you admit they are attacking and bullying anyone who won't vote how they want, then ask why more don't do it. There are none so blind as he who will not see.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I would agree that in some cases there is external pressure on minorities to vote liberal, sure. Don't you see that exactly the same thing can be said about conservatives? Do you really think kids harboring liberal sympathies in say rural South Carolina feel completely free to express their honest views?

This doesn't at all explain the question I'm asking... Are you suggesting that the 8 vs 88 percent discrepancy is entirely due to social pressures?? That is simply a ludicrous stance. Why then do you think blacks didn't support republicans to begin with? Why would they pressure each other to such an extreme extent? Just for the hell of it?

There are none so blind as he who will not see.

Yes, this is selective seeing. You've pointed out a phenomenon which applies in many cases, yet you can only see the phenomenon at work when it supports your preconceived conclusion! Truly fascinating!
edit on 20-12-2019 by thesearchfortruth because: eta

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Here is something I am curious about, maybe you can clarify it for me.

There are many high profile people on the democrat side calling Trump a racist, white nationalist, etc. They are virulently angry over it and its one of the pivotal reasons they want him removed. They espouse diversity (which I don't have a problem with) and claim to stand for that. Here is where the problem lies.

Because when you do some research as to where these people live, you find that its in neighborhoods that are overwhelmingly WHITE. Way over the national average demographics.

Rob Reiner, who is an outspoken critic of the president, lives in a private gated community in Malibu, which is 87 percent white.

Author Steven King lives in Bangor Maine, which is NINETY ONE percent white.

And our former president, Barrack Obama, just moved to Martha's Vineyard which is 94.41 percent white.

Why do all these "anti racists" seem to choose to live in areas that are overwhelmingly white? It kind of smells of hypocrisy doesn't it?

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesearchfortruth
Don't you see that exactly the same thing can be said about conservatives? Do you really think kids harboring liberal sympathies in say rural South Carolina feel completely free to express their honest views?

Funny you should say that. I am a white male living in South Carolina. There is a HUGE amount of pressure to be progressive. If you tell people you are Conservative or you voted for Trump you are asking for trouble.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   

You should have been at one of the Christmas parties I attended last week.

I was hoping we would get through the party without any talk about sports or politics, but that was some big time wishful thinking.

One of the White men you speak of, made a comment about Trump, I don't think he likes him. A Black guy responded in a very positive way toward Trump, and the conversation didn't take long before others were piping in.

I stayed out of it, but I would not call any of it heated. They seemed interested in trying to get everyone to see their side. I was surprised at how easily the host got everyone refocused without anyone even noticing that the conversation had changed.

Disclaimer:
The party was among a group or friends, neighbors, and co-workers. It seems to me that it shows that you don't have to agree to get along, and there were many people that were not White men that were supporting Trump.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

I would guess it is because people want to live in the nicest place they can afford. I know every time I went out to buy a home that is what I was looking for. I never counted how many people of Color were in the area.

I am not saying that there are not people that are so bigoted that they would give up an opportunity to live in the lap of luxury, if they could afford a place in a wealthy Black community, just because they hate Blacks.

I just don't believe that when most people are looking for a home, that they look for places that don't have people of Color, and I don't think that is why the people you speak of live where they do.

Oprah is not the only wealthy Black person in America, but I will use her as an example. Why do you think it is wrong for those others to live in an area with few people of Color, but think it is okay for people of Color to live in those same areas?

I am willing to bet their reasons for living where they live are close to the same, because color has very little to do with it.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

This is the truth. People who live in nice places tend to mostly act accordingly. The most you have to worry about is snobbishness. But snobbishness isn't criminal like some other things are, and those other things you tend to find more and more of as you work your way down the wealth ladder. I'd rather live next to snobs of any color than criminals who may decide to turn on me.

Let's face it ... would you rather live next to the insufferable yuppies from Christmas vacation or a crack house?

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They have tried integration of wealth before, it only works if you provide the poor with the education and tutorship to help make it work. You have to also choose someone that is highly motivated to make the move, and is not poisoned with the self pity, angry, life is not fair bug.

As long as people spend more time and energy on those things that happened in the past, that they can not change, than they do on correcting the things that are happening now, that they can change, someone will still be having this same discussion another 50 years from now.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Cool, I’m Native myself and have leaned conservative too.

Hard not to these days, lol

Just curious what tribe you are. I’m a hybrid Ojibwa and Choctaw. Cheers!

a reply to: Lumenari

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Wrong, now religion is a race.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Stereotyping can be fun... I just love that the “Left” has stereotyped evangelicals as far right Trump supporters and yet ....... we have this ... far left evangelicals supporting impeachment ... read for yourself ...I wonder if this editor of an evangelical publication is an old white guy too... www.google.com... t.html

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Funny you should say that. I am a white male living in South Carolina. There is a HUGE amount of pressure to be progressive. If you tell people you are Conservative or you voted for Trump you are asking for trouble.

I live near Portland OR...enough said...lol

People don't even know what progressive means and if they think they do they all see it as something different. They also never and I mean never follow their progressive views past one step as to how that view could become an reality. They are a one layer onion.

Take Medical for all... We all say OK great! Then we peel one layer and see that only about 15% of America really needs help, then we peel another layer and see that as it is now with insurance regulating everything it would need a full over haul from the ground up to basically remove insurance from the equation, then another layer we see 32 trillion, another layer we see people losing their freedom of choice, another layer and people become only numbers and statistics...

When you ask the progressive if that is what they want they say hell no and fall back to the top layer once again.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

Don’t forget that Obama is half White himself with communist white grandparents ( or should I say RED). And connections to The Ford Foundation among other things.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
Yah having the government pay for stuff sounds good until you figure out where it comes from and who pays the bill. Reality hits home when you peel off those layers and to find the rotten core.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Progressives have repeatedly attacked conservatives who are black GOP candidates .. look what they did to Herman Cain and Allen West, two of my favorite conservatives ... both of whom have social media or radio programs I pay attention to. Look what Progressives did to Sarah Palin who would have been the first female vice prez.
Bunch of hypocrites.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

I think the problem is three fold.

1) I think it can be contributed in part to the fact that Republicans are afraid of those who are not white.

2) I think it can also be contributed in part to the fact that Republicans are afraid of those who are not male.

3) I think it can also be contributed in part to the fact that Republicans are afraid of those who have a different culture background and/or language.
One of thee most bs posts I’ve read here. As I said the Progressives attack all conservatives whether they are black
White female or minority. They are very vicious in their attacks. Why they could not accept Herman Cain ... he’s a successful capitalist businessman who now has a successful
Radio program..... Allen West.. respected military man... we know the reason ... because the Progressives are veering do
Left they hate capitalists, free enterprise, and pro life. And with Sarah Palin, they attacked independent energy production not associated with solar or wind farms.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
Yah having the government pay for stuff sounds good until you figure out where it comes from and who pays the bill. Reality hits home when you peel off those layers and to find the rotten core.

Progressives are all talk...

Homeless/illegal aliens friendly progressive cities... how many of these people do they share their houses with, or let them camp on their yard? like none... How many progressives in San Fran and other like cities would be willing to sponsor just one porta-potty in their area to help prevent the need for homeless crapping on the streets? NONE

Ask a progressive on how everything will be paid for and they say over and over...TAX THE RICH more. To then ask if they would be willing to be taxed 70% too since taxing the rich even 100% is not even close to what we would need actually pisses them off.

edit on 21-12-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErEhWoN

As a Native American woman who is leaning conservative lately, I look to the Democratic party primary runners and I see...

The question was about the makeup of the PARTY.

Not the ticket front runners. The PARTY.
Don't the front runners say something about who gets up to that level ? Old white communist and old white guy teetering on dementia( which at least gives him an out for his bizarre comments of late) ... they all pretty much certain things on common, and that’s radical leftist agendas generally not acceptable to average Americans of all kinds.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Progressives are all talk...

Homeless/illegal aliens friendly progressive cities... how many of these people do they share their houses with, or let them camp on their yard? like none... How many progressives in San Fran and other like cities would be willing to sponsor just one porta-potty in their area to help prevent the need for homeless crapping on the streets? NONE

Ask a progressive on how everything will be paid for and they say over and over...TAX THE RICH more. To then ask if they would be willing to be taxed 70% too since taxing the rich even 100% is not even close to what we would need actually pisses them off.

100 % agree

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join