It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives, I'm curious...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesearchfortruth
What do you all think about the fact that a vast vast majority of republicans look the same. Specifically, they look like middle-aged to older white men. When we turn on fox news, we almost invariably see old, white men. Sometimes some white women. This is further reflected in voting demographics. Republicans dominate the white male vote, while democrats receive votes from a far more diverse spread of people.

I'm very curious as to your reaction to this... Why do you think this is? Is it simply a coincidence? Do you just not even think about it?

I'm not saying all white people are racist, or anything ridiculous like that. I'm annoyed by the extreme SJWs as much as the next person. In fact, I'm a white man approaching middle age myself. But I'm genuinely curious why you think this is, or if you've ever even thought about it...

I feel that the people elected, support the will of the majority. Hence is why they are elected.
That is not a statement about anything other than mindset.
The fact that you are bringing other tenets into it, tells me more about you and your beliefs than the conservative belief.

Spoken from one that work in the performing arts, and has many friends from all persuasions of politicized groups.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   
trumpets are sounding again tonight

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 12:39 AM
link   

I'm not saying all white people are racist, or anything ridiculous like that. I'm annoyed by the extreme SJWs as much as the next person. In fact, I'm a white man approaching middle age myself. But I'm genuinely curious why you think this is, or if you've ever even thought about it...

Seems that is only what you look for... My wife is a very brown immigrant and she likes Trump... lol What is the demographics of middle class+ workers that are in the private sectors.

edit on 19-12-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
trumpets are sounding again tonight

In what way?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: thesearchfortruth

I think the problem is three fold.

1) I think it can be contributed in part to the fact that Republicans are afraid of those who are not white.

2) I think it can also be contributed in part to the fact that Republicans are afraid of those who are not male.

3) I think it can also be contributed in part to the fact that Republicans are afraid of those who have a different culture background and/or language.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

I think the problem is three fold.

1) I think it can be contributed in part to the fact that Republicans are afraid of those who are not white.

2) I think it can also be contributed in part to the fact that Republicans are afraid of those who are not male.

3) I think it can also be contributed in part to the fact that Republicans are afraid of those who have a different culture background and/or language.

Lol really? If that is what the Liberals think boy are they screwed...

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Out of 197 Republicans at least 15 are women, so not quite 10%. About 1/3 of them look to be under 40, 2/3 look to be under 60. And 1/3 to be over 60. One wears an eyepatch. One is Samoan. Several have physical indications of Native American ancestry, perhaps 35-40 of them. Can’t tell orientations or ideologies from pictures.

Both women and ethnic minorities are regularly discouraged from being Republicans, so there is considerable peer pressure at play that isn’t easy to quantify. This thread certainly does little to encourage them to run. But as some have surmised: Inclusion is bragging about having (fill in the blank) friends; equality is not noticing.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   

What do you all think about the fact that a vast vast majority of republicans look the same.

And what do you think about a vast vast majority of Dems looking all the same? All stupid looking idiot snowflakes.

I mean do you realize how stupid and ridiculous this question is, not to mention stereotyping, racist, and prejudicial?

Yeah, THAT's why I reported this stupid ass OP. But seeing as the mods intent to do nothing about this post, then fine, back at ya. To war we go.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 01:23 AM
link   

What do you all think about the fact that a vast vast majority of republicans look the same. Specifically, they look like middle-aged to older white men. When we turn on fox news, we almost invariably see old, white men. Sometimes some white women. This is further reflected in voting demographics. Republicans dominate the white male vote, while democrats receive votes from a far more diverse spread of people.

I'm very curious as to your reaction to this... Why do you think this is? Is it simply a coincidence? Do you just not even think about it?

given America's current demographic that cannot possibly be true. There simply aren't enough white males in the country to account for the number of conservatives. Many conservatives are women or minorities about 60% of all Americans identify as Conservative. But not all vote republican as conservatives often vote on issues rather than party lines and sometimes democrat candidates have a better platform.

I think that you mistaking fox and friends for a representative sample.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 01:23 AM
link   

given America's current demographic that cannot possibly be true. There simply aren't enough white males in the country to account for the number of conservatives. Many conservatives are women or minorities about 60% of all Americans identify as Conservative. But not all vote republican as conservatives often vote on issues rather than party lines and sometimes democrat candidates have a better platform.

I think that you mistaking fox and friends for a representative sample.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I'm curious your reaction to you being a complete racist

When you look at that group of people you only see "white people"

But when you look at heritage and ancestors I guarantee you will see: French, Spanish, German, Italian, Norweigan, Swedish, English, Scottish, Irish, Fin, Polish, etc

The whole "WHITE MALE" thing is a complete attack on a group of people who are all definitely diverse and come from different heritage and background, whether from their ancestors or from where they grew up with their own American diversity of culture

GET REAL - PEOPLE SAYING "WHITE MALE" ARE THE RACISTS BECAUSE THESE PEOPLE ONLY SEE IN IDENTITY POLITICS COLORED GLASSES

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

This is a brilliant answer.

It's fear that divides us, isn't it.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Whats that' axiom if you not a liberal at 20 then you have no heart. And if your not a conservative by 40 you have no brain.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Whats that' axiom if you not a liberal at 20 then you have no heart. And if your not a conservative by 40 you have no brain.

As the great Arthur C Clarke once said,

"The old are often insanely jealous of the young."

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican

originally posted by: Maverick1
Lamest trolling in a while.

Damn, lol

Agree. OP Reported to staff. Stupid ass post.

Sems fair , do you report other non offensive questions?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   

It's not good to be bipartisan and curious.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Myollinir

I think some of us have been privileged enough that race was never an issue in our lives, and for others of us, race is necessarily an issue because of the absolutely real challenges that come with being an ethnic minority.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   

This is a brilliant answer. 

It's fear that divides us, isn't it.

I would say that is true.

It is lickly the same reason why African Americans and Latinx Americans congregate so overwhelmingly with in the Democrat part. Lets not forget that this Democrat part is not some post racial group where all members intermingle freely. But rather a balkanized conglomerate where they group themselves off by race and sex and sexual orientation and religion. Often times one of the biggest hurdles the Democrats faces is that each of their sub groups have diverging needs and desires, many times those needs and desires are in direct conflict with each other. An easy example is the growing tension between lesbian and transgender groups. But also for example its not hard to see that African Americans and Latinx Americans are not very fond of each other. Or what about tension between union workers and new immigrants; union workers have been historically a Democrat demographic until recently because of the pressures new immigrants place on the low wage job market.
edit on 19-12-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   

a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

As the great Arthur C Clarke once said,

"The old are often insanely jealous of the young."

That makes sense; the young ignorantly waist what the old wish they could have back because they too wasted theirs. That's enough to make anyone a little jealous.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I would say you are blind. So would my 1st generation brown immigrant wife. When a black person becomes a Democrat they face being ostracized and hated by other black people. That makes it difficult for them to cross those lines. Democrats and black people are the ones drawing those lines, not Republicans.

If you came here illegally, and then became legal, or you are the child of an illegal immigrant, and Democrats keep demanding more illegal immigration you will likely vote Democrat because you have other family that are here illegally or you want to be here. Democrats giving so much of citizens' hard earned cash to illegals is not about illegals voting, it's about buying the vote of their legal relatives, and then making the ones here illegal become legal and get their votes. Again we have Democrats drawing lines, and if you vote Republican you hate immigrants, even if you are one yourself. No one cares you have a business and a family you are caring for and the amazing economy is giving you the American dream, all people see is you hate immigrants.

Ever wonder why Democrats refuse to fix immigration? It's because it gives them huge numbers of votes leaving it broken and then attacking anyone who wants to enforce the law the Democrats created and won't touch.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join