It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is for the Legal experts Does this impeachment have any grounds

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   
NOT the Mud-Pit!

We are clearly dealing with a situation that could alter the future of our Country.

I have my partisan beliefs but, they are in no way backed by any type of Legal Knowledge.

I ask.. Is what's taking place in line with the "LAW" of the land or a very cordial Coup attempt?

I know their is an abundance of professional knowledge here on ATS, and I would love to learn something from you all.

I may not respond to many post's..as I am a legal Novice at best.

What is going on?.. It appears that Impeachment is being pushed although their is knowingly no path to victory..Why?

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker
Of course it has grounds it is well within Congress rights to impeach. And they can decide any reason they want to. I will say this sets a bad precedent however. Im sure at some point republicans will decide to impeach a democrat. People have long memories and many will believe the democrats deserve it after this.

Sadly they just got him reelected you gave many an excuse to vote for Trump despite his many many many flaws.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

" within Congress rights to impeach.. "

Better Go Back and Read that Again . High Crimes and Misdemeanors are the Only Instances that Congress Could Exert it's Legal Power Over the Executive Branch . That as Yet , has NOT Been Determined .........

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Thank you for posting that.

To the OP... no.

They have not met the standard for impeachment but have done it anyways.

Shredding the rule of law and the Constitution in the process for political means.

Which is why the Founders fought bitterly over even having an impeachment process.

They thought it would eventually be politicized by the House to undermine the checks and balances they put into place to have three "co-equal" branches of government.

But eventually they voted on the standards, which were rooted in English law and were a very high standards indeed.

They have not been met, in this case.

Which puts us as a nation in dangerous times.

edit on 18-12-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Better Go Back and Read that Again . High Crimes and Misdemeanors are the Only Instances that Congress Could Exert it's Legal Power Over the Executive Branch . That as Yet , has NOT Been Determined .........

Oh it has because under the constitution it is congress that gets to decide what is and is not an impeachable offense, since the constitution was unclear what constitutes high crimes and misdemeanors that to falls under the purview of Congress.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Didn't our Constitution and Bill of Rights expire in 1999?

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
NOT the Mud-Pit!

We are clearly dealing with a situation that could alter the future of our Country.

I have my partisan beliefs but, they are in no way backed by any type of Legal Knowledge.

I ask.. Is what's taking place in line with the "LAW" of the land or a very cordial Coup attempt?

I know their is an abundance of professional knowledge here on ATS, and I would love to learn something from you all.

I may not respond to many post's..as I am a legal Novice at best.

What is going on?.. It appears that Impeachment is being pushed although their is knowingly no path to victory..Why?

It should be considered an illegitimate impeachment...The Framers spoke of and rejected a 100% Partisan impeachment and that's exactly what we've got...That's proof it's purely political and that's not acceptable...

There are no witnesses to anything illegal or abusive...No bribery nor high crimes...Numerous outright lies told by the Democrats...

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   
be a tuff time making impeachment stick....

hope the trial isn't like small claims court...who has jurisdiction over a potus trial....scotus?

edit on 18-12-2019 by GBP/JPY because: TEXAS TRADITION

link   

I'm not a lawyer but as was said the phrase high crimes and misdomeaners is rooted in English common law and I would almost bet if you look into you'd find some actual definitions for them there. Its not something we here in America hear about or practice much anymore as we have our own legal system and have for a while...but much of where our laws come from is based off of English common law which was well...common at the time of the formation of our republic.

link   
a reply to: Iscool

Agreed. How can this be owned by anyone as legitimate?

Blind Hate is a real problem these days.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

This is for the Legal experts

Will a jail house lawyer suffice?

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

Your in Bull Shannon

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Impeached for THAT? (Comparing the Trump Articles of Impeachment - Real Law Review)

The LegalEagle does a great job in reviewing the issues and precedents of judicial matters. He comes across as fair and impartial, working towards the facts of the matter.

Impeachment is a process used to remove people from office. Impeachment is a political tool and can be used for just about anything. A 2/3 majority is the main benchmark in removing a sitting president.

In my words, the two articles of impeachment are:

1/ Trump calling out Quid Pro Joe in Ukraine has hurt the democrats.

2/ Trump not taking part in the Schiff show.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

When your right..Your Right,

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Oh it has because under the constitution it is congress that gets to decide what is and is not an impeachable offense, since the constitution was unclear what constitutes high crimes and misdemeanors that to falls under the purview of Congress.

After the constitution was written, there were rules put in place on how to determine if impeachment was called for. None of those rules are being used, the house Democrats are ignoring the rules that were made to govern the impeachment process.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

You just told the truth...Careful now

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
Impeached for THAT? (Comparing the Trump Articles of Impeachment - Real Law Review)

The LegalEagle does a great job in reviewing the issues and precedents of judicial matters. He comes across as fair and impartial, working towards the facts of the matter.

Impeachment is a process used to remove people from office. Impeachment is a political tool and can be used for just about anything. A 2/3 majority is the main benchmark in removing a sitting president.

In my words, the two articles of impeachment are:

1/ Trump calling out Quid Pro Joe in Ukraine has hurt the democrats.

2/ Trump not taking part in the Schiff show.

Joe is just one of the candidates in the Democratic party, many other candidates running for the Democratic ticket will benefit by Trump's actions. I do not feel that Biden should even be running, I think that the Democrats should get a good person to run in the election. Trouble is most of the Democratic candidates aren't very good, can't they find a good candidate anymore. I suppose almost everyone is better than Hillary was, but some of them on the ticket, including Biden are not even worthy to run. I used to like Bernie, but hillary gave him the shaft. I do not think Bernie is a good choice now either, he has swung way to far left trying to follow the idiotic principles of some progressives.

So, Trump only called for an investigation into one of the candidates, Biden. He did not discredit the Democratic party, just one corrupt person in it. His actions are not an attack on the Democratic party. Think about this,

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   
For those interested I found a very good history/definition of "high crimes and misdomeaner" and well...we should have impeached a good few presidents in my life time. They weren't messing around those founding fathers...

High Crimes and Misdomeaners

To clarify here as well here is some history as to what the founding fathers intended to be impeachable and some history on the debates had which came to include the ability to impeach for "high crimes and misdomeaners".

History lesson for the constitutionally challenged

I bet they really regret letting the committee charged with making the language smoother leave out the phrase against the United States! However that was their intended victim...

ETA: I fear Mason may have been correct in his fears...as I feel we do live under a tyrannical aristocracy today.
edit on 19-12-2019 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker

You just told the truth...Careful now

Telling the truth in the American society can get you in trouble. I guess that deceiving and twisting reality is the new norm. People can't even take a picture anymore without putting on a fake smile or editing it to make it unreal.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   

So, Trump only called for an investigation into one of the candidates, Biden. He did not discredit the Democratic party, just one corrupt person in it. His actions are not an attack on the Democratic party. Think about this,

It is not just Biden tied up in this corruption, Nancy Pelosi and other Democratic members and their families are also involved. Biden is just the front man. If criminal investigations into this corruption is too continue it will gut the Democratic party bad, possibility of some republicans also tied up in it.

Trump does have a fine line here with the 2/3rd majority rule of impeachment. If the corruption is rife throughout congress, self salvation will overtake the will of the people in how these members vote.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join