It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats this is your high point

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
You have all failed and found nothing... which actually is a surprise to me because considering Trump's background and business, I would have assumed there would be SOMETHING shady there you could get rid of him for.

^^^^^^^ This!!!

This is what I was most worried about - and I was extremely surprised (and pleased) that they found nothing. It means that Trump really is a decent man, and is doing this - taking all this crap from these insane people - because he honestly and truly loves our country and people.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: Lumenari
"Democrats, leftists, #Resist people, Never-Trumpers."

Why do you feel the need to name call?

Name call? Well, yeah, I guess if someone called me a democrat I'd be pretty offended...

Rotflmao!

And why are you worrying. If Trump isn't guilty of anything. Then the Senate won't impeach him.

Worried? Seriously? That's what you got from the OP?

go back to school, you obviously failed reading and comprehension 101.
edit on 19-12-2019 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
He will forever be only the third president in US history to be associated with impeachment.

I know.

Trump will wear it like a badge of honor.

One good thing I can see coming out of it:

First, once the Rs retake the House, pass a federal law strictly defining 'high crimes and misdemeanors', and imposing strict rules governing how any future impeachment process must play out (ie, giving all sides co-equal participation powers, including the power to call witnesses, issue subpoena's, etc).

Then, once that law is signed, propose a Constitutional Amendment to incorporate said law into the Constitution forever, and submit it to the States for ratification.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Imhere
One may have thought at least 1 Republican would of voted Yay. Maybe.

I have to say, I was watching the count as the vote went on, and for about 2 minutes, there was a '1' in the Yea column for the Republicans. I was furious...

Then it went away, obviously a 'mistake'. Amazing how these kinds of mistakes always go against Trump/the Rs, and in favor of the demwits.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

It's such a refreshing document to read! Every time I read it, it just makes me feel good and smile.

Today, for those who read it (be it again, or for the first time), pay particular attention to the list of "repeated injuries and usurpations" and compare these to the actions of the democrats recently, the same democrats which have been trampling all over this document while spouting its virtues. You will find striking similarities.

edit on 12/19/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Then, once that law is signed, propose a Constitutional Amendment to incorporate said law into the Constitution forever, and submit it to the States for ratification.

Whoa, whoa...WHOA!!

That's a big negatory on the Amendment there, good buddy! All the rest of your post is fine, but don't go messing around with Amendments! Start doing things like this and our buddies on the other side of the house will think it's okay to start making some modifications of their own (think: 2nd Amendment here).

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Why couldnt any of the republicans defend what trump did? Why couldn't they come up with a real defense? Why was it all about procedure? Because they don't have an defense for him thats why.

If the Democrats would have included evidence of any actual crime in their articles of impeachment, then the Republicans may have been able to respond. I heard a lot of criminal terms espoused yesterday by the Democrats, yet those criminal allegations are nowhere to be found in the actual articles proffered. Why is that?

Doug Collins asked over and over to direct him to this evidence of actual crimes committed.

Now, we see the House holding up the articles and not submitting them to the Senate per proper procedure. The Dems had their control of the house procedures, time to let go and allow the Senate to have their time.

Their claim that they had to vote with expediency and not wait for Americans to decide themselves in November... is lacking truth the longer they hold up our constitutional process.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

The Articles of Impeachment are a matter of public record. Why can't the Senate just subpoena Pelosi and demand she deliver them (officially)?

edit on 12/19/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Imhere
One may have thought at least 1 Republican would of voted Yay. Maybe.

I have to say, I was watching the count as the vote went on, and for about 2 minutes, there was a '1' in the Yea column for the Republicans. I was furious...

Then it went away, obviously a 'mistake'. Amazing how these kinds of mistakes always go against Trump/the Rs, and in favor of the demwits.

That was probably due to the fact that in his district he was elected on the Republican ticket. After he was in office, he chose to become independent. Many that voted for him, did so for his republican stance...they will show their displeasure with him come 2020.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Whoa, whoa...WHOA!!

That's a big negatory on the Amendment there, good buddy! All the rest of your post is fine, but don't go messing around with Amendments! Start doing things like this and our buddies on the other side of the house will think it's okay to start making some modifications of their own (think: 2nd Amendment here).

What are you afraid of? There is nothing wrong with proposing amendments of the Constitution to the States, via Congress. That is part of the Constitution. The dangerous way to amend the Constitution is by Convention.

I have no problem with the demwits proposing an amendment to abolish the 2nd amendment. They have as much right to do that now, as they did yesterday, or last year, or 5 years ago.

Of course, any such ridiculous proposals would be dead in the water long before they were able to get enough votes in Congress to pass them, and even if they made it that far, how many States do you honestly think would ratify them?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
"I have to say, I was watching the count as the vote went on, and for about 2 minutes, there was a '1' in the Yea column for the Republicans. I was furious...

Then it went away, obviously a 'mistake'. Amazing how these kinds of mistakes always go against Trump/the Rs, and in favor of the demwits."

That was probably due to the fact that in his district he was elected on the Republican ticket. After he was in office, he chose to become independent. Many that voted for him, did so for his republican stance...they will show their displeasure with him come 2020.

What on earth are you talking about? I was talking about some unknown R House member whose vote was mis-tallied - possibly on purpose (and they got caught).

Are you talking about Trump? If so, then why did you quote my post, which had nothing to do with Trump?

Anyway, if you did mean Trump, don't worry, he will win in a landslide in 2020 - and will win the popular vote too, by a decent margin.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The Articles of Impeachment are a matter of public record. Why can't the Senate just subpoena Pelosi and demand she deliver them (officially)?

According to the House, they can. If the House delays turning them over for as much as a moment, Pelosi should be impeached for Abuse of Power. If she appeals the case to the Supreme Court, that's a second charge of Obstruction of Congress.

Time to play the game by the new rules.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

No, I agree with tanstaafl. We need an amendment that specifies not only what exactly constitutes a "high crime and misdemeanor," but which also states that only first-hand witnesses may testify in Impeachment hearings. The states hold power over Constitutional Amendments; the Congress can do nothing to the Constitution without states' ratification, even if every single member demands it.

We also need a Federal law that states that no whistleblower may remain anonymous if the subject of the whistleblower's accusations is charged with an associated crime, not just in Federal cases but in all legal prosecutions in the United States. While we're at it, let's just define the entire impeachment process from start to finish and require that any member of Congress who knowingly defies any one part of that process be immediately and automatically suspended from his/her position and removed from office and prohibited from holding any public office if convicted.

We need to stop this crap in its tracks, and we need to stop it now.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

The country should be rejoicing...

Democrats got the impeachment they wanted.

The rest of us will get the 2020 reelection we want.

And Donald Trump is still the president.

Everybody wins!

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
never seen so much angsty rhetoric expended over something that is 'no big deal'.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

The democrats have spent 3 years campaigning for Trump and guaranteeing a 2020 landslide victory.

Dumbassery is very short sighted.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: CynConcepts
"I have to say, I was watching the count as the vote went on, and for about 2 minutes, there was a '1' in the Yea column for the Republicans. I was furious...

Then it went away, obviously a 'mistake'. Amazing how these kinds of mistakes always go against Trump/the Rs, and in favor of the demwits."

What on earth are you talking about? I was talking about some unknown R House member whose vote was mis-tallied - possibly on purpose (and they got caught).

Are you talking about Trump? If so, then why did you quote my post, which had nothing to do with Trump?

Anyway, if you did mean Trump, don't worry, he will win in a landslide in 2020 - and will win the popular vote too, by a decent margin.

No I was explaining why Rep Amash from Michigan's vote was mistakenly placed in the R column, then removed. He is the Republican that after he was elected by the voters decided he disagreed with most things Republican and changed to be an Independent not too long ago.

Edit add: Thus, probably not done on purpose...just confusion since he was an elected Republican until recently.
edit on 12 19 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

in 150 years, no one reading this will be here.

...well I might...

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I was getting some great laughs last night when I looked at my wife's FB. So many people on there thinking Trump was done and leaving the White House because he was impeached.

I bet they're all pretty sour this morning waking to realize Trump is still their president.

I'm not tired of winning...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join