It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My cats toilet keeps setting off the fire alarm! help!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
My cat maggy is five months old

Whenever she goes to do her business in her litter tray, the smell is so bad it sets off the fire alarm
we have to disable the alarm and open the windows
People walking past our house can smell it!

Weve tried every solution for maggy.
She has been vet checked for parasites and is negative, perfectly healthy

Weve changed her food brand before, and tried her on dry and wet food

edit on 18-12-2019 by PandaPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: PandaPrincess

What are you feeding her?

Do you have the ability to switch her to a raw diet?

I have a Savannah/ African Serval cross.
He is on a strict raw food diet and you can't even smell his urine.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

It's likely the dust from her covering up the litter. Maybe change to a dustless litter.

As for the smell.... cats smell.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   
"My cat's toilet keeps setting off the fire alarm"

The title of your OP, has me questioning my own existence.

That sentence simply cannot be real...

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Could it be the cat kicking up dust in the litter box and setting off the smoke detector?
I have seen some that go off after using a sander for a minute....the dust sets it off.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

I know...I always figured cats had bidets?

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Weaponize your cat.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
This is pretty typical for a kitten. When Little Bird was 3 months until a year old there was.....something wrong....with her exhaust pipe. Kittens are like that as their digestive system matures. Try some kitten food, but trust me......

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Try a dog, indoor cats are gross

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Cat's are outside animals.
Period.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Young cats go through lots of digestive stages. Our two boys are very gassy little fellas at the moment, and they like nothing better than to jump on your lap, get relaxed and let it rip.

I'd try changing her little ... slowly ... so she doesn't stop using her box, and she if she doesn't grow out of her phase.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Homefree
Cat's are outside animals. Period.

Unfortunately, that gets them killed. Dogs, coyotes, eagles, cars. Plus fleas, ticks, etc. If you want your cat to live a healthy life, you'll keep it indoors.---learned by experience.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Yep. Nothing worse than to have your pet just disappear and never really know what happened, only be able to assume it died.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
My boyz:

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

Dog are disgusting scavengers. Cats are noble predators.

As for smell? Dogs smell atrocious.

ETA

OP try feeding your cat raw pumpkin for digestive issues. It is inexpensive and very good for them. You can also feed it to your dog for help with digestion.
edit on 2019/12/18 by Metallicus because: Eta

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Savannah’s?

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Savannah’s?

Jericho and Joshua are Ocicats (and litter mates.) In the 60's someone tried putting Siamese points on Abyssinians. They got spots instead. They tried a second time and got spots again, and they bred true. The breeder's kid said they looked like ocelots, hence the name. They're big, about 16 pounds, and unlike a Siamese, they have no good meow, though they are intelligent like a Siamese. They are not at all shy and act more like dogs and are quite friendly around strangers. They are fairly rare.
edit on 12/18/2019 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

A noble solution, compared to mine.
I can’t post my cat solutions.
The posts just get removed.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   

How can people forget this.

But on a more serious note there is no sure fire way of stopping a cat's smell, in natural surroundings they use there scent as a territory marker and also female cat's produce distinct pheromones when they come into season.
It may sound cruel but if your animal is neutered it wont be such a problem.

There are a few tip's though that may help, however I have never heard of a cat's urine or poop setting off a smoke alarm so either there is something wrong with that detector OR with your cat and it may be worth asking a veterinarian for some advice.
www.wikihow.com...

I grow angry when I see people arguing against either a Cat or a Dog, both are great pet's and I have had both, often at the same time, like all pet's they become a part of the family, they are loving though Dog's are often far more loyal.
Also a Cat will not bring you the newspaper but when that bundle of love and fur decides to sit on your lap and sleep after purring softly because it feel's safe with you the bond is not something that can be argued about.

Try looking for a CLUMPING litter, when the cat's use this type of litter for a pee the litter absorbs the pee and clumps together, they may be moderately more expensive but you can also mix them with cheaper litters to make them go further and since the pee then does not spoil the whole tray by sinking to the bottom and spreading out they pay for themselves usually.

There are also numerous commercially available and often quite cheap litter deodorizer's, it will never please someone with a wine connoisseurs nose but for the rest of us they make a great improvement, also since no matter how much you try to mask it the cat will always produce that just gone smell when it goes try to use your scoop to remove the cat waste as soon as possible into your disposal method of choice (organic waste bin/can etc).
worldwideinterweb.com...

Mind you it is not only cat's, My brother used to come home from work when he still lived at home and even with his door shut, upstairs, we could smell his feet from downstairs and it was awful (like a cross between rotting meat and something unmentionable).

edit on 18-12-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
All the headlines on impeachment.... And then this....

You are a genius, man.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join