It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy Phone Call from the Congo

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

Thats very strange because just late last night/early this morning I read this article/blog about child exploitation in the Congo:
gizadeathstar.com...

Hopefully it was not someone really crying for help.

I read that nonsense, shouldn’t the mining company be held responsible?
Or did these ‘tech giants’ employ the kids directly?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
So... Last night around 2:45 AM I awaken to a weird creepy phone call from supposedly... the Congo. Half asleep I answer the phone, not looking at who it's from, and at the other end is a girl crying hysterically in what I can only describe as utter terror. It doesn't go on very long before it just abruptly ends.

I looked at the phone and it said it was, as I said, from the Congo. I figure, even if that was a real girl, in real trouble, there's absolutely nothing I could do for her from here, and there's no point calling back, I'm not paying for a call to the Congo which, if answered would likely be some kind of scam.

But... I can't get the call out of the head, the terror and desperation sounded so real. Either there's some poor unfortunate girl out there, or one hell of an actress...

Just figured, was a creepy weird call, and well, this is ATS, so might as well share it.

Have you thought it couldve been a guy disguising HIS voice? They hung up on ya laughing...and called someone else. All day, everyday. Acting.

You fell for it friend ...

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

Thats very strange because just late last night/early this morning I read this article/blog about child exploitation in the Congo:
gizadeathstar.com...

Hopefully it was not someone really crying for help.

I read that nonsense, shouldn’t the mining company be held responsible?
Or did these ‘tech giants’ employ the kids directly?

I am sure they are part of the law suit as well. Then they go up the chain and sue the companies employing the mining company. Which in this case are the tech 'giants'

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Not possible. The disguised voice thing. Still a scam,but the disguised voice thing is absurd.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Why did you answer the call in the first place, by the way? Do you usually answer any calls from anyone at 2:45 AM?? I would just ignore and block the calls if I were you. LOL. Have heard similar kind of scam calls filed by people at sites like whycall.me..., but most of those calls are coming from Nigeria, though.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Not possible. The disguised voice thing. Still a scam,but the disguised voice thing is absurd.

PS I just found a dozen free apps-voice changer, male to female etc. Perhaps you weren't aware....search yourself. My point is an absolutely possible reality.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I'm aware, heard them, it wasn't that, those apps suck and can only go so far. It's no where near perfected tech. Besides, this would require being able to mimic more than voice.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: anthonyedwards

I was half asleep and not thinking straight. Last time I got a call that late my mom died. So being half asleep and that being the last super late call I got. I answered with blurry eyes and didn't even look til after the screaming.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
As an ER dispatcher...I'd get calls like that. Repeatedly, over and over

top topics

<< 1   >>

join