It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State charges dropped against Paul Manafort.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: tanstaafl

I have.

On ATS? If so, it has been extremely rare - certainly far, far more rare than those wishing ill on Trump.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
Bank fraud? Methinks the bank was the victim? Tax fraud? Methinks every person who does not commit tax fraud was the victim?

Maybe you meant violent crimes?

LMGDAO!!! Oh that's rich, painting any American bank as a victim in any crime short of armed robbery is laughable. He didn't steal any money from a bank, he failed to disclose some personal financial situations in an effort to obtain a loan. Technically a crime but it is a victimless crime.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Do you think it's ok for all of us to do the same thing?

Do you think it should be legal to do this?

Do we have laws for a reason?

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

No one is above the law unless you are an illegal alien and a member of congress.

or a Clinton
edit on 18-12-2019 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
LMGDAO!!! Oh that's rich, painting any American bank as a victim in any crime short of armed robbery is laughable. He didn't steal any money from a bank, he failed to disclose some personal financial situations in an effort to obtain a loan. Technically a crime but it is a victimless crime.

Ok, so, lets just delete it from the books, and let everyone engage in bank fraud.

Yeah, sounds good.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

If you did do this, would you be ok with solitary?

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I think there are far better tools, financial restitution tools, that can be used that are less draconian and less politically motivated than putting people in prison. I think it is ridiculous that this country has, for example, put Martha Stewart behind bars. I think it's asinine and a waste of not only resources and tax dollars, but a reflection of how little we've progressed since the dark ages where political criminals were thrown in dungeons because the king's ego was fragile and those who crossed him simply had to suffer.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
You can literally find goddamned rapists, child molesters, and even murderers who do less jail time than they've tagged Manafort with.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Ok, so, lets just delete it from the books, and let everyone engage in bank fraud.

Yeah, sounds good.

...maybe we could start actually prosecuting the banks for the littany of frauds they commit? Banks don't get prosecuted for predatory lending practices... but we're supposed to come down with the force of a thousands suns against any citizens who approach the banks with similar predatory motives of their own? Yeah, you've clearly drank that establishment Kool Aid.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

If he was convicted of federal tax fraud, I imagine he also defrauded the states on taxes also? The state charging him with tax fraud shouldn't be double jeopardy, should it? Different victim... one is the federal govt the other is the state.
And, for anyone claiming it's a victimless crime, ok, let's all just not pay our taxes and see what happens. Or, heck, just half of us not pay.. my guess is that the half that is still paying would find their taxes skyrocket to make up for the missing revenue.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Why would you like to see him pardoned?

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Wasn’t manafort a dem plant? Why would trump pardon him?

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

A Trump supporter dying in prison.

You mean convicted felon, right?

Perhaps he has contracted the Epstein-Barr virus?

edit on 18/12/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Personally, I don't see any actual "victims" of Paul Manafort... I Manafort was jailed because he refused to kiss the establishment's ring and refused to kiss their ghoulish hitman's (Mueller) ass.

Putting a sick old man who didn't commit any violent crime and who's actual crime was victimless at the most does not serve justice, it serves vengeance.

There are always, 'victim's'.
*Manafort was a foreign agent, without declaring himself until 2017, and lobbied on foreigner's behalf's, people like Viktor Yanukovych, Philippines dictator Ferdinand Marcos, dictator Mobutu Sese Seko, and Angolan guerrilla leader Jonas Savimbi. As for the monetary side, $10 million or so..known, less easy to say there were victims, but probably fair to say that money channelled to him was, 'iffy' in origin.
Witness tampering? use your imagination, as for the old man bit, Manafort is 70, and probably has gout in his big toe..something of a lifestyle issue, while nobody is exactly giving anything out...sheesh!

*Some information obtained from Wiki,
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 18-12-2019 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Yeah, don't care, still unmoved. Manafort is supposedly in jail to pay a debt to the American people. I'm an American person and, frankly, the man has done no wrong against me. Let him go.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Yeah, don't care, still unmoved. Manafort is supposedly in jail to pay a debt to the American people. I'm an American person and, frankly, the man has done no wrong against me. Let him go.

Your obviously not a US marine then!

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

The impeachment and the Muller’s search and destroy mission on trump affiliates to get them to flip. Are both travesties of justice .

The last I heard manafory was in PC alone in a cell .

Then I checked .

With the way the deep state DOJ operates .

It blew my mind when I looked and saw that they transferred him to Loretto.

( I got it wrong in the OP )

You also mentioned how hypocritical the left is . For me hypocritical is just another way of saying. lying through your teeth .

Here’s a question for our liberal brethren.

Do you believe the first 30 seconds of Nancy’s speech ?

Did she mean it ?

Was the statement from her heart or is the leader of the house of representatives lying to both liberals and conservatives ?

edit on 18-12-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   

You mean like Mr. Podesta who was allowed to retroactively file as a foriegn agent and was never prosecuted. Not only that but his brother and the head of the DNC lied to Congress as well about the whole dossier and knowing it was funded as DNC opposition research. How does the head of the DNC and the campaign chairman not know who they are paying for work of that level of significance?

Source

The Podesta Group, the now defunct lobbying firm ran by John Podesta’s brother, Tony Podesta, was lobbying a pro-Kremlin Ukrainian political front yet was never issued an indictment from Mueller even though they failed to register as a foreign agent.

Tony Podesta was given immunity in the DC case where Manafort is being charged for failing to file a FARA form for his Ukrainian lobbying efforts. This is further proof Manafort is being hunted down like an animal by Mueller purely because of his association with Donald Trump.

Source

edit on 18-12-2019 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Mr. Manafort was convicted of five counts of tax fraud, two counts of bank fraud and one count of failure to disclose a foreign bank account.

Just so we are clear on charges he was convicted on. 8 charges total.

There was a mistrial on 10 other charges.

And question, should we not be putting corrupt politicians in jail?

Manafort isn’t a politician so he can’t be corrupt in the way you use the term .

Better classification would be a tax cheat .

Just saying .

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

He can correct me if I'm wrong but from what I see, non-violent crime that doesn't directly affect a person or persons could have punishments far less than imprisonment.

Hell, I've felt that way most of my life. If someone breaks into a store and tries stealing from you, make them work to pay for what damage they did. Them sitting in jail or prison does nothing more than make them worse people unless they're already violent felons or drug dealers. White-collar crimes should, in my opinion, be handled differently than violent, physical crimes.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join