It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impeachment Vote Begins

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
a reply to: Xcalibur254

LMAO, there ya go everyone! Congress cannot be held accountable for any behavior that they can impeach our president for.

Are you truly this obtuse or just playing?

Members of congress can be arrested and indicted, something the GOP DoJ says cant happen to a president.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Hillary was not SoS when the alleged high crimes were committed. So no, she would not be eligible for impeachment.

She runs next year and wins she will be.

The left takes the white house they are so effed.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: toolgal462

LMAO, there ya go everyone! Congress cannot be held accountable for any behavior that they can impeach our president for.

Are you truly this obtuse or just playing?

Members of congress can be arrested and indicted, something the GOP DoJ says cant happen to a president.

You didn't need to explain that to ME, but Xcalibur254 needs to take note.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

Ya, and I think trump deserves to be impeached...
But more importantly, I support the truth to be discovered and told. If I were to guess, I would say that they are spouting so much political rhetoric any facts are buried in mountains of bs!
But. That is kind of typical of the house, unfortunate, but typical.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Deserves to be impeached based on what CRIMES?

do tell.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Hillary was not SoS when the alleged high crimes were committed. So no, she would not be eligible for impeachment.

She runs next year and wins she will be.

The left takes the white house they are so effed.

If that happens we are all effed

edit on 18-12-2019 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It's about Trump potentially abusing his office of President.

As I've said before, I don't necessarily see enough evidence to convict Trump of high crimes. I do however think enough evidence has been presented to indict (read: impeach.) We need an actual trial to get to the bottom of things. But as McConnell has made very clear, he has no intent on giving us an actual trial.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Nope.

Everything exposed by the IG is admissible as a high crime and misdmeanor.

They can launch an impeachment inquiry the same day shes' sworn in.

edit on 18-12-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

You have your opinion, I have mine.. dont really feel like arguing today..
Enjoy the crapshow.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The mile-wide chasm disconnect between the words the Democrats are using ("saving the republic" and "following the Constitution", etc.) and the actual behaviors WITH FACTS OF EVIDENCE, is projectile vomit blatant.

There is zero causation: correlation in any speck of any of this. Logical progression of thought runs off the rails with their every second sentence.

Everything leaps from the high mindedness of the rule of law and the Constitution, then off into fantasy land with the ACTUAL evidence and facts of what is being presented in this case. Opinions are daydreams. Expert witness testimony is daydreams. It's funny pictures swirling around in your contaminated and bigoted, stained mind.

Does anyone on the left listen to their own speaking and make certain there is a logically progressive train of facts? Changing the meanings of words and phrases makes everything fake.

link   
I quit watching.

Let me sum it up like this...

How DARE these people to have the gall to try and nullify my vote that I cast in the 2016 election over some pure unadulterated bovine fecal matter.

Turnout for the next election will be more than the 2016 election and it will not go the way the Democrats want.

Shame on them.

link   

You may want to look in to what is called, "late impeachment:"

In practice, late impeachment may rarely if ever prove worthwhile to pursue. Then again, one can imagine several scenarios in which it might. Even if no occasion ever arises in which late impeachment is worthwhile to pursue. This would place late impeachment in the same class as regular impeachment-more important to have available than to actually use. No federal executive official has ever been impeached and convicted, either while in office or after leaving it, but every federal officer is appropriately constrained by the possibility of impeachment, and it is only with late impeachment that this constraint can be properly whole.

1-1-2001
The Constitutional Case for the Impeachability of Former Federal Officials: An Analysis of the Law, History, and Practice of Late Impeachment
(direct .pdf link)

link   
a reply to: neo96

That's not what I'm talking about.

If a Dem wins in 2020 we are all effed regardless of whether or not the House pulls the same # on day 1.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Judiciary Report

House Intelligence Report

Full details found inside. READ THEM.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
It sickens me every time they say they “must stand for the constitution”…. They are standing on the constitution and stomping it into dust.

They all repeat it over and over, and the more they repeat it, the more true it becomes to their people. This precedent is so effing dangerous, it's traitorous. These congressmen all took oaths of honor and are going against that honor by spewing lies.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: tkwasny
The mile-wide chasm disconnect between the words the Democrats are using ("saving the republic" and "following the Constitution", etc.) and the actual behaviors WITH FACTS OF EVIDENCE, is projectile vomit blatant.

There is zero causation: correlation in any speck of any of this. Logical progression of thought runs off the rails with their every second sentence.

Everything leaps from the high mindedness of the rule of law and the Constitution, then off into fantasy land with the ACTUAL evidence and facts of what is being presented in this case. Opinions are daydreams. Expert witness testimony is daydreams. It's funny pictures swirling around in your contaminated and bigoted, stained mind.

Does anyone on the left listen to their own speaking and make certain there is a logically progressive train of facts? Changing the meanings of words and phrases makes everything fake.

obviously they are incapable.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
I quit watching.

How DARE these people to have the gall to try and nullify my vote that I cast in the 2016 election over some pure unadulterated bovine fecal matter.

Turnout for the next election will be more than the 2016 election and it will not go the way the Democrats want.

Shame on them.

It wouldnt nullify, Pence would be president. You voted for Pence if you voted for Trump. I think thats foolish given Pence's record from Indiana, but you did it apparently.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I'm citing law and precedent. So far, all it looks like you have is emotion. Feel free to find me something overturned the Senate's vote in 1797 that made Congress exempt from the Impeachment Clause. Find me an example of the House even attempting to impeach a Congressperson after 1797 when they voted to impeach Senator Blount. A vote that prompted the Senate to make their vote.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
I quit watching.

Shame on them.

It's worse than that, they are not willing to let the American people to voice their vote in 2020 as well. This sham impeachment is what is a threat against our legitimate elections.
edit on 12 18 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

You really need to take a break and get another talking point.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join