It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impeachment Vote Begins

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Is your neighbor the President, Vice President, or civil officer. If not then he can't be guilty of high crimes. The phrase high crimes comes from British Common Law. If you read the words of the Founding Fathers their interpretation of it is pretty clear.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
a reply to: dawnstar

So, has anyone on either side said anything that hasn't been said a few thousand times before or is it just the same ole whining and bickering?
Nancy show up yet?

Nope, it looks like the Democrats are actually going to follow through on making the statement that half the voters in the country don't matter and shouldn't have the right to vote.

So people are watching voter suppression being legalized, and the founding fathers 'approve' of their message.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: RickinVa

And if one used their position to benefit their own personal status couldn't that also be construed as a person being unfit for office?

Wait? I thought we were speculating about Trump. Now, you toss in what is speculated about the previous Obama/Biden administration! So you are saying you are in agreement that America should investigate Biden to ensure he is fit to run for the office of President?

We have watched the investigation into whether the speculations of Trump were accurate. They were not. Surely, Biden will want to clear his name too.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Is the voting anonymous? Is there a theoretical possibility that enough Reps will vote for removal from office? Or is the vote just for fun? Here in Germany, very few people believe in success. I also believe that he abused his office. But he is not alone in that, and everyone knows that. In essence, it's about him being considered unsuitable to be president and stirring people up against each other. Many people are afraid that he will do something terrible or cause something terrible to happen and thus plunge the world into chaos. I think he will win today and be voted out next year. He will then be again what he is: a billionaire, a salesman and an entertainer. He will write a book. He will do something on TV again. And everything will be, as always. Trump will just be a lot richer and more powerful. That's the point, he doesn't care about anything else.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I'm not able to watch. Did Pelosi look solemn and prayerful?

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Jebus Christ....

All I am hearing is them trying to pin on Trump exactly what their 2016 candidate was doing....using a foreign government to interfere with a US election... cough cough dossier cough.

What a freaking circus this has become. What time does the clown car show up?

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: WalterTilley

Benjamin Franklin stated that he believed that an Executive should be impeached and removed when he, "rendered himself obnoxious."

Charles Cotesworth Pinckney said impeachment should be reserved "for those who behave amiss, or betray their public trust."

In Federalist Paper No. 65, Alexander Hamilton defined high crimes and misdemeanors as, "those offences which proceed from the misconduct of public men, or, in other words, from the abuse or violation of some public trust. They are of a nature which may with peculiar propriety be denominated political, as they relate chiefly to injuries done immediately to the society itself."

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Damn we should've impeached every president if thats the case.

link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I'm not able to watch. Did Pelosi look solemn and prayerful?

She actually said the Pledge of Allegiance.

Then took a wet dump on the Constitution.

link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
Jebus Christ....

All I am hearing is them trying to pin on Trump exactly what their 2016 candidate was doing....using a foreign government to interfere with a US election... cough cough dossier cough.

What a freaking circus this has become. What time does the clown car show up?

Yep, such a scam and a farce.

If I were a Democrat, I'd be so insulted by the what the Dems are trying to pull - because they clearly consider their constituents too stupid or ill informed to be able to see what a sham it all is.

link   
ey but this gai is the worst amirite?

impeach forever

link   

since you seem to have an opinion on everything, why is what Hillary did in 2016 by purchasing the Dossier, then having the IC use it against Trump during the election, and after, not exactly what Trump is being accused of? Is that not trying to get an outside country to meddle in our election?

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Damn we should've impeached every president if thats the case.

I think that may be in our future thanks to the idiot, sore losers on the Left.
edit on 18-12-2019 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

She actually said the Pledge of Allegiance.

'And justice for ALL'.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

It very well should be at this point. Candidate is elected, begin impeachment proceedings immediately, day 1. Continue to do so for every single president until the entire system collapses. If the senate refuses to follow-through, continue to bring impeachment articles and do nothing else until something goes through. /sarc

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Hillary was neither President nor a civil officer at the time, so she is not subject to Article 1 and is not eligible to be convicted of high crimes.

Furthermore, the argument can also be made that she went about things in a smarter way. She didn't directly seek information. It was the a DNC hired law firm that hired FusionGPS. Hillary has plausible deniability.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Now a Democrat is obstructing the people of the United States by speaking a foreign language. This is asking for foreign interference.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Just get it over with already.

I have no doubt at this point that you know who will announce her candidacy shortly after the impeachment is passed in the house. If she can't beat an impeached president....

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: network dude

Hillary was neither President nor a civil officer at the time, so she is not subject to Article 1 and is not eligible to be convicted of high crimes.

Furthermore, the argument can also be made that she went about things in a smarter way. She didn't directly seek information. It was the a DNC hired law firm that hired FusionGPS. Hillary has plausible deniability.

LOL, now I know not to take you seriously.

Hillary and Dems do the same thing, but are not subject to criminal indictment. That's what you really believe? Or just parroting what the idiots on CNN and MSNBC are telling you in order to justify the double standard???

Either way, you are from this point on, not to be taken seriously in this matter.
edit on 18-12-2019 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

It has been shown unequivocally that Hillary was in charge of DNC purse strings during the 2016 election.

Using a proxy to break the law doesn't absolve you of breaking the law. Especially when you have seized control and directly control the entity you are trying to use as a patsy.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join