It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impeachment Vote Begins

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
It sickens me every time they say they “must stand for the constitution”…. They are standing on the constitution and stomping it into dust.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib Will Win The Democrat Award prediction-accuracy.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
So Trump is a Dictator, Tyrant and King .........as the Democrats do impeachment.

And he is guilty till he proves his innocence.

That's how all that works right?

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: UKTruth
While I do not agree with what the majority in the house has done, why would the senate attempt to rebuke the house for anything they do within their limits?
What the house dems have done is crappy but it is well within their power to do so.
I think the senate not holding a full trial is crappy but it is up to co kane mitch.

Ironically for the same reason the Dems in the House are impeaching - abuse of power.
The articles themselves are nonsensical.
The direction this is going is that political impeachments, based on partisan mind reading of intent to turn a constitutionally sound action into an impeachable one, will become standard practice whenever the House majority is not of the same party as the Presdient. A simple acquittal is not enough in this case - some form of rebuke is required - even if there is nothing punitive the Senate can do.

edit on 18/12/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Man, I've been watching this Impeachment debate all morning while it has been dead at work and boy oh boy... These democrats are good at repeating nonsense. Like a broken record player. They offer no proof and their acts of "I am sooooo saaaad that this is happening todaaay" is so pathetic that a 10 year old child could fake it better than they can.

What a waste of time and oxygen.

link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

a reply to: UKTruth
While I do not agree with what the majority in the house has done, why would the senate attempt to rebuke the house for anything they do within their limits?
What the house dems have done is crappy but it is well within their power to do so.
I think the senate not holding a full trial is crappy but it is up to co kane mitch.

Maybe it is technically within their rights but it sure is an abuse of power. As noted by Jonathan Turley and Alan Dershowitz.

Not only that, but the Dems have stated on numerous occasions the intent to impeach long before they were able to think up any alleged crimes.

That is not in the spirit or the intent of what the founders had in mind by allowing for articles of impeachment in the constitution. Again, abuse of power.

And lastly, shouldn't the Dems be doing things that actually help the American people?

I agree with almost all of what you posted.
It is FULLY within the houses rights to do what they have done. Calling it an abuse of power is a copout imo.
It is historic, and wrong imo but using their power legally is in no way an abuse of power. That is the same bs argument the dems are attempting to use to impeach the president.
just my opinion

happy holidays

Yes, ironically, 'abuse of power' is the same argument the Dems are using to impeach the president. But "abuse of power" is not even a crime, let alone a crime that rises to the level of "high crimes and misdemeanors" which is required to impeach a president.

And we all know that the Dems are guilty of everything that they accuse Trump of, it's their scam....

Who actually invited foreign interference in our election(s)? Dems....Hillary Rotten Clinton....

Foreign money (Soros), foreign spies, foreign dossiers.

God, I could go on endlessly and that is why this is total caca.

I have always been an Independent and actually have voted more Dem than R in presidential elections but I cannot forsee myself ever voting D again in this lifetime.

The Dems are dead to me.

eta: Happy Holidays to you as well.

edit on 18-12-2019 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: IrateCanadian
Man, I've been watching this Impeachment debate all morning while it has been dead at work and boy oh boy... These democrats are good at repeating nonsense. Like a broken record player. They offer no proof and their acts of "I am sooooo saaaad that this is happening todaaay" is so pathetic that a 10 year old child could fake it better than they can.

What a waste of time and oxygen.

Yep, a load of caca like I said. Pathetic

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Here's my guess as to where Pelosi, Schiff are.

They are in intense meetings with some democrats who are not going to vote to impeach.

My guess is, they don't have the votes yet, some democrats have backed away from impeachment and Pelosi and democrat House leadership is trying to bully them back into voting for impeachment.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This is truly a sad day for America.

Not because Trump is being impeached, but because of the way it is being conducted.

History will not look back on this day favorably.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Here's my guess as to where Pelosi, Schiff are.

They are in intense meetings with some democrats who are not going to vote to impeach.

My guess is, they don't have the votes yet, some democrats have backed away from impeachment and Pelosi and democrat House leadership is trying to bully them back into voting for impeachment.

You give Dems more credit than I will. There aint enough intelligent Dems to fill a thimble.

I think they have the votes. But we shall soon see. Although I did see something recently about voting for impeachment, but not allowing it to go to senate? I can certainly see them pulling that card. They are cheats.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm not an expert on impeachments as far as who and how. But tell me, if the House comes back to normal, can they bring up articles of impeachment on people like Pelosi, Shmucker, etc? Impeach them on abuse of power and obstruction of justice?

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

This is truly a sad day for America.

I agree

happy holidays
edit on 18/12/2019 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I don't think they can be impeached.

They can be censured, but who'd impeach them? Themselves?

They are a power unto themselves.

Scary how much power we have let them have over the decades.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

They can be recalled in their districts. And they can be expelled via House vote.

Impeachment....nope.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Even as the House prepares for the historic vote, however, there's growing evidence that the public impeachment proceedings in the House against Trump may actually be helping him politically.
Of all places: www.cnn.com...

Obi-Wan Trump to Democrats: "Strike me down and I will become more powerful than you can ever imagine!"

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
Schiff didn't bother showing up for Nadler's committee hearings.

Nadler didn't show up for the last day of his own hearings.

Now, Pelosi is not showing up on the last day of what could be the most historic vote of the House.

What the eff is going on? How are people supposed to believe this is so deadly serious when they can't even show up?

It's not going to matter because no mainstream news outlet will report that. Anyone paying a little attention but aren't very political will never put 2 and 2 together. That's the real shame of the news today. They could single handedly end the democrat party if they would do their job and report the truth.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

Abuse of Power is the quintessential high crime. People think that the phrase high crimes refer to especially heinous crimes on par with treason. What it actually refers to are crimes that can only be committed by people in high office.

For example the first person to be impeached (and convicted) using Article 1 was a federal judge that was found guilty of "chronic intoxication." Included in the 11 crimes Andrew Johnson was for are, "Making three speeches with intent to "attempt to bring into disgrace, ridicule, hatred, contempt and reproach, the Congress of the United States;" and "Bringing disgrace and ridicule to the presidency by his aforementioned words and actions." If Nixon had not resigned he would've been impeached for Abuse of Power.

link   
Double post
edit on 12/18/2019 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

link   
That's not true.

House can impeach fellow house members.

The only thing it takes is a majority of votes.

WE might see it if R's take back the house in 2020

Prolly won't though.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

From the article:

There is simply no certainty about how the voters -- particularly the small number of independent and/or undecided voters -- will react to all of this.

Small number? There's about 100 million eligible voters that do not vote, I would say that's a fairly sizable number. As I've said before and will say again now, I've never voted for a president before, I vote locally instead. However in this upcoming election I will be voting Trump, and something tells me I'm not the only non-presidential voter who will do the same.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join