It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impeachment Vote Begins

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

If one good thing happens as a result, hopefully it will be a viable 3rd party will emerge. The Democratic party to me is a party of arrogance and ignorance who are blind to what the American people want.

How awesome would it be if a 3rd party candidate got more votes than the Democrats in the 2020 presidential election?
edit on 18-12-2019 by jrod because: Typo gremlins

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

It would indeed be awesome. I don't think we're there yet, but if what happened today continues it becomes more likely.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

They continue to profess that they are the party that stands up for voters rights but today trampled on those rights in the most spectacular way possible.

You should not be surprised. With the way the 2016 Democratic Primary ignored the will of their own voters by using superdelegates to override their voters; it was inevitable that any means would be used to try override the voters outside their party.

Either it will be left in the hands of the Senate or groups will organize to reign what they see as tyranny by force of arms...or both is possible. In any case if you live in their any of their neighborhoods, might be safer to spend Christmas elsewhere.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
So happy Congress got something right this time! History will look back on us fondly now. Whew! Pelosi should've been Woman of The Year! Trump* will forever be known as the 3rd! Donald J Trump* III! Has a nice ring to it! Everyone have a great day ATS! I know Mr Dingell is looking DOWN on us very proud right now!

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: scauma
So happy Congress got something right this time! History will look back on us fondly now. Whew! Pelosi should've been Woman of The Year! Trump* will forever be known as the 3rd! Donald J Trump* III! Has a nice ring to it! Everyone have a great day ATS! I know Mr Dingell is looking DOWN on us very proud right now!

Serious or sarcastic? Because we'll look as fondly on you democrats as fondly as we look upon you when you were all out there fighting against the Civil Rights Act and living on Jim Crow Laws.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: scauma

I thought your side was supposed to be somber and doing this with a heavy heart? You seem positively giddy. Remember this is a urgent, serious threat to our Democracy according to Nancy.

You do realize Trump is still President.

The House voted and now it's time for the Senate to be Jury of the Houses Impeachment evidence.

I suppose the Democrats will want to change the rules again. Too bad they are not the majority Party in the Senate huh?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Did anyone catch when Matsui was reading her impeachment "script" and she actually read out loud "honest face" and then proceeded to say something like it is with great regret that I will vote to impeach DJT. Or something like that, it was right before she read her last line. The dems actually wrote in facial expressions into their scripts, LOL. I have to try and find a time stamp from a video of the speeches. If somebody feels saucy, I would love if someone could find her "speech". I'm almost 100% it was Matsui.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil
Yes I realize he's still POTUS and I'd put my money on him being re-elected. That's short term viewing though. When/if I have grandkids I want to be able to tell them that we weren't sheep who just bent over and took it up the you know what from undoubtedly the worst POTUS in our history. Believe it or not, I'd rather Trump* succeed, when he wins, we win, as a country. I don't hate him or any other politician, except for McConnell, he's the worse kind of human being, a hypocrite. And a liar.
As for the Senate, history will judge them as well. I could live with a fair trail that acquitted Trump*. The problem is they aren't even going to feign an attempt at making it LOOK fair. They just don't care. If Trump* is in fact innocent like he claims, allow his cronies to testify, turn over the documents, and be done with it. I've never know an innocent person to have evidence that exonerates them, only to refuse to turn it over.

But to be clear, I'd much rather see Trump* serve out his term, lose the popular vote again, still get re-elected maybe, then play out his second and final term. Beyond being a D or an R, I'm an American and I'd prefer to see what is best for the country.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Thankfully Dems eventually found their way and here we are today. The R party is in the midst of losing it self now and it's like watching a train wreck. Damn near every single R politician in 2016 belittled, bad mouthed, and mocked Trump*. Plenty of them said he'd be terrible for the country. And now, not a peep. We are seeing his proclamation that he could shoot someone on 5th ave come to fruition. There's seemingly nothing that could happen to get the current iteration of the R party to grow a backbone.

Trump is a RINO.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
Did anyone catch when Matsui was reading her impeachment "script" and she actually read out loud "honest face" and then proceeded to say something like it is with great regret that I will vote to impeach DJT. Or something like that, it was right before she read her last line. The dems actually wrote in facial expressions into their scripts, LOL. I have to try and find a time stamp from a video of the speeches. If somebody feels saucy, I would love if someone could find her "speech". I'm almost 100% it was Matsui.

So I found the transcript of her speech. It appears the text is "On its face, these are impeachable offenses and behavior that better reflects a dictator than the President of the United States.”". It sure sounded like she said "Honest face: These are impeachable offenses and behavior that better reflects a dictator than the President of the United States."

matsui.house.gov...

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: panoz77
bwahahhahahaahah

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

What makes him the worst president in history? I still don't see any of the things I usually hear and I would have thought u insane if you ever told me in the past I would stand up for a republican president. Good thing I have someone here on ATS who approaches everything with an open mind only perveous to fact. What action s has he taken, legislation supported, and initiatives speakheaded o make him the WORST when we have folks in there literally responsible for the murdering of millions of innocent people. Thank God you're here to point it all out since out there it's all a bunch of Millennials with educations so worthless and lacking that they haven't even the capacity to recognize how remedial or simpleton at best their knowledge and reasoning powers are and id say on average, about as much knowledge as one possesses who would see a third grader from Gen X or a second grader from Boomtime able to easily run intellectual circles around them. So they hear things like racist, equality, acceptence, tolerance, and the likes and are truly dumb and totally programmable idiots who only need be shown these flashy emotionally themed subjects then told, though it is complete fabricated nonsense and has no special relation to one party or the other, that you join the left if you want to fight for these things and the right if you want everyone to be like u or get away from you and they honestly believe it. Ask any question about size of government, the role of states vs the district of Columbia, the recalling of judges, tax theory, etc to any one of them and they won't ever even once be able to provide you with a coherent or fact supported opinion....you know on the topics which ACTUALLY determine someone being right or left of center.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: scauma
a reply to: pavil
Yes I realize he's still POTUS and I'd put my money on him being re-elected. That's short term viewing though. When/if I have grandkids I want to be able to tell them that we weren't sheep who just bent over and took it up the you know what from undoubtedly the worst POTUS in our history. Believe it or not, I'd rather Trump* succeed, when he wins, we win, as a country. I don't hate him or any other politician, except for McConnell, he's the worse kind of human being, a hypocrite. And a liar.
As for the Senate, history will judge them as well. I could live with a fair trail that acquitted Trump*. The problem is they aren't even going to feign an attempt at making it LOOK fair. They just don't care. If Trump* is in fact innocent like he claims, allow his cronies to testify, turn over the documents, and be done with it. I've never know an innocent person to have evidence that exonerates them, only to refuse to turn it over.

But to be clear, I'd much rather see Trump* serve out his term, lose the popular vote again, still get re-elected maybe, then play out his second and final term. Beyond being a D or an R, I'm an American and I'd prefer to see what is best for the country.

The irony is everything you stated here applies to you. You are the sheep. It is the House that didn't have a fair trail. Senate shouldn't waste its time time validating the nonsense as well as abuse of power shown by Schiff and the Democrats.

Make what ever claim you want, but you are a biased Democrat, and you don't care what's best for the country, only what's best for your party. You are a tribalist.

It is the Democrats who history will not favor. They will be looked at as the party of sore losers who kept making attempt after attempt to take down a duly elected president using nothing but false accusations and hearsay.

Meanwhile the country is doing fine, in fact much better than it would have if HC had won. If Democrats actually cared about the American people, they could start by fixing their own cities which they are running into the ground. California and New York have huge homeless problems. That's where they should start. Democrats are against gun violence, yet their cities are the ones with the most gun violence. That is where they should start.

There are tons of problems in America that need to be fixed and most can be found in Democrat run cities; and how do they spend their time? trying to impeach the President because their huge egos couldn't stand that an outsider (a non career politician) beat them.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

The dummy didn't even seem to recognize she'd just read the stage directions on the script out loud.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Can't wait to see who the Democrat impeachment managers are... I bet Nadler and Schiff bottle it.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

AOC would be an excellent choice to represent the mindset of the House.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: UKTruth

AOC would be an excellent choice to represent the mindset of the House.

PT Barnum would also fit that bill...

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
So, what are we getting now from country hating Dem cultists? Oh look, more of the same...lies and neener neener neener in between sudden violent and incoherent REEEEEEEEing. Seriously, the next 5 or so years are going to suck for you guys so maybe ask a Doc for some meds, I hear they're more than willing to prescribe them. Seriously....please...with all my heart...dont go into public and do something violent because the TDS gets too intense for you. Seek help. Soon.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I could live with a fair trail that acquitted Trump*

I see you put your "Somber Face" on again.

We're all the witnesses for the Rebublicans allowed by Schiff and Nadler. Fairness dictates that happens.

Have the Transcripts from ALL witnesses been released, again fairness dictates that.

Did the Minority Party get their own hearing Day , 48 hours prior to a vote as spelled out in the House's own rules. Fairness would dictate that.

Did even one Democrat member of the Judiciary or Intelligence committee ever vote for any motion by the Republicans? Just one, once?

In your opinion, was the House being Fair? Please present your evidence of Democrat fairness on all of these points.

I await your response.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I agree too as an outsider. This fiasco has been going on since the day the man was elected and I think its pretty disgusting. Must be so hard for him & his family every single day. I think he's very misunderstood as he doesn't "talk" the "talk" and isn't a politician, I've listened to some of his speeches and seen the usual twitters etc and I think he has quite a sense of humour which apparently isn't a requirement for President nor it seems understood by the majority
I think he goes off script sometimes too which gets people all in a little tizzy...bless 'em

The Democrats are attempting to make this impeachment scenario all in the name of justice & the people whereas in my view its purely revenge. In all my years on this planet I don't think I've ever seen a President treated with such utter hatred contempt and vitriol, directed not only at him but at his family too. Just awful. He may not be the best President ever but he IS President and was voted for by the people the Dems apparently hold so dear. Why couldn't they just leave him be for 4yrs then vote him out if he was so bad I just don't know....it just makes everyone involved look childish & petty

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join