It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impeachment Vote Begins

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Thanks for the great summarisation.

I obviously have no particular horse in this race and have very contradictory opinions on Trump - sometimes I think he's great and a breath of fresh air saying what millions of us think, other times I despair and wonder how someone like him could have reached such a position of power and genuinely fear him.

But this does seem such a partisan and unwarranted action and as many have posted could have seriously negative repercussions on the Democrats.

Whether people like it or not this effects not only the US but the whole world as well.....and none of it puts the US in good light on the world stage.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: Liquesence

I checked the Magic 8 Ball and got this:

Sick Burn 🔥🔥🔥

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
As I said before 28% of the country that voted for Hillary are happy, the 27% that votes for Trump and the 44% that didn't vote for either are saying WTF. Good luck to the Democrats in keeping the house or taking the Presidency anytime soon.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
2 democrats voted against impeachment.

0 Republicans for it.

1 present

Any “smart” Democrat sees this isn’t exactly the image they wanted lol.

If any party is in deranged or lost mode, it’s pretty clear lol

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

A Succubus sexually preys on men while they sleep while an Incubus preys on women. So given what I have heard Incubus was correct.
edit on 18-12-2019 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The cheese will slide right off a democrats cracker if you even suggest investigating Biden for quid pro quo. The reason is that Biden is a 2020 candidate and investigating him would be nothing more than interfering in his campaign. For some reason that logic is lost on democrats who are investigating - and impeaching Trump - who is also a 2020 candidate... for the sole purpose of interfering with his re-election.

According to democrats: falsified warrants, third party here-say, and an attempted coup via nullification of the 2016 election results is okay, even though Trump is a candidate in 2020. But investigating Biden for his self-confessed quid pro quo and his sons crooked business deals is wrong because Biden is a candidate in 2020.

So, no one is above the law - unless they are a democrat candidate for 2020. Then they get a free pass.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Even the 3 Dems who Voted " Nay" Tonight are Not Safe from being Thrown Out of Office . The Democrat Party is Committing Mass Suicide Tonight , HORRAY !..........

edit on 18-12-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Don't rain on their parade. Let them have there moment in the sun, they will fly too close and burn their wing off. I really hope this is the calm be the storm. The storm which rips apart the democratic party, and all the stand for.

The next month or so will be great, as all the lefties slowly realize that this Impeachment farce has done nothing to hamper DJT, or his successfully pulling the country out of a slump.

The democrats wet dream is the nation going down in flames, just so they can blame trump. I've been waiting for a big false flag attack to happen, for the dems now would be a good time.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Now Trump is free to play hardball if he wants and just adjourn the House until such time as he feels proper. No President has ever done it. Even when Lincoln ran a doctored Congress, he still had one going. But it is a presidential power. Just a flat out “(snip) every last one of you up the (snip) you are adjourned until Dec 31, 2020.”

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Is there a possibility that Trump can call what we call a snap election prior to the one due in November 2020 or is the fixed term election set in stone?

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Is there a possibility that Trump can call what we call a snap election prior to the one due in November 2020 or is the fixed term election set in stone?

No snap elections here that I'm aware of.

If someone isn't able to finish the term, next in command assumes the role. I highly doubt Trump gets removed or resigned... Merely, that's just to explain how hard set terms are.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

A Succubus sexually preys on men while they sleep while an Incubus preys on women. So give what I have heard Incubus was correct.

Appropriately the succubus is also a pedovore

And inappropriately I have just received my two shots of cheap
vodka and tall can of chelada. I raise my first shot in honor of
Russia. I knew they wouldn't let us down! So thank you Russia
for giving us Donald Trump and saving America!

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Now Trump is free to play hardball if he wants and just adjourn the House until such time as he feels proper. No President has ever done it. Even when Lincoln ran a doctored Congress, he still had one going. But it is a presidential power. Just a flat out “(snip) every last one of you up the (snip) you are adjourned until Dec 31, 2020.”

that would be interesting

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

No. That is a Parliament procedure. He could make a “defense of the country” unilateral decision as Commander in Chief of all Armed Forces. And there is a boatload of directions he can go there, but he is answerable to anything out of sorts like Acquire and Eliminate missions.

But given this precedent just passed with political motivation, then it is possible that he has some hearsay rumors of conspiring with enemy combatants that for the safety and security of the nation, which may result in him having to say that individuals at high levels of government were renditioned for intense interrogation and further information. To assure the public this will be dealt with appropriately and expeditiously.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

But given this precedent just passed with political motivation, then it is possible that he has some hearsay rumors of conspiring with enemy combatants that for the safety and security of the nation, which may result in him having to say that individuals at high levels of government were renditioned for intense interrogation and further information. To assure the public this will be dealt with appropriately and expeditiously.

I'd say those odds are highly improbable though.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Yes , and Life Begins at Birth .............YAWN

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I absolutely hate the ever living hell out of democrats.

LMAO

I have this list of questions I ask myself before I can call some one a friend.
And you just provided the answer to every one of the questions on the list.

Well I had to make it simple for the friends I already had or they'd mess
it all up for sure and go into complex mode. Don't even think I'm joke'n.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   
We all know what rhymes with "ROTTEN" ?

The United States Government!

Hahaha what a farce, but hell!! The show must go on

Votes for season 2 of the Trump Show.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   

All but two Democrats supported the article on abuse of power, which accused Mr. Trump of using the power of his office to pressure Ukraine’s government to announce investigations that could discredit his political rivals. The vote was 230 to 197.

A third Democrat, Representative Jared Golden of Maine, joined with Republicans in opposing the obstruction of Congress charge. The vote was 229 to 198.

www.nytimes.com...

As an independent and a centrist these results are all I need to know that the Democrats abused their power today as Constitutional Professor Turley warned us.

The Democrat propaganda would have us believe that President Trump's actions where not only criminal but unequivocally so. That had they not taken the actions they did today the country would be forever harmed.

And yet in the face of such allegations with such reaching implications they failed to convince three members of their own party that their propaganda was the truth. Those very simple results speak volumes.

If the Democrats could not even convince members of their own party that Trump is so dangerous that he needed to be impeached; than the danger could not possibly be real. These party members had no good reason to vote in favor of Trump at the expense of the country; so the expense could not possibly be as grave as the Democrats would have liked to have fooled us it was.

The Democrats have once again disappointed me with their hippicrtical actions. They continue to profess that they are the party that stands up for voters rights but today trampled on those rights in the most spectacular way possible. Their was an election in 2016 where Donald Trump won; there will be another election in less that 11 months; The Democrats in their actions today have tried to sully the result of the first and are trying to improperly influence the second. They must not have a high opinion of us voters to carry out such actions.

And to be clear none of these comments speek to the nature of Trumps actions. Whether Trump acted ethically or not is quite irrelevant in the face of the misdeeds the Democrats perpetuated today. Trump can be as dirty as the Democrats want us to believe and he certainly isn't as clean as he would like us to believe; but that does not change the fact that today the Democrats abused their power by impeaching a president on such narrow grounds for personal political gain and quite possibly set a precedent that will stymie future governments from accomplishing the work of the people.

Donald Trump might be the president and yes that is a position of great power and influence; but he is still just a single man, his power and influence have an experasion date and his accomplishments can be undone with the stroke of a pen. The actions of the Democrats to day are much farther reaching than anything Donald Trump can hope to accomplish and so are clearly much more egregious than the President asking a feigen leader to announce an investigation into Hunter Biden (another single and likely corrupt man).

My only hope is that out of the turmoil that the Democrats likely started today that our country will emerge stronger; at some point their must be a bottom for us to hit and than perhaps we can start to work out way up again.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

Hahaha. Even if that were to happen, it would NOT trump Trump in 2020.
edit on 18-12-2019 by jrod because: not

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29 >>

join