It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impeachment Vote Begins

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: shooterbrody

But what exactly has he been accused of doing and why impeachment?

1. Abuse of power by having the Ukrainian people dig into Crows Strike in 2016 and the Bidens corruption when Bidens son was getting paid 80,000 a month by the Ukrainian government.

2. Contempt of congress. He didn't submit to the subpoenas demanded by the House.

This really is confusing and I'm honestly not being sarcastic or trying to score any sort of imaginary point but I thought with all the checks and balances in the US system anything remotely resembling impeachment worthy would be identified and addressed well before such an outcome as this.

They impeached him because they were afraid he'd meddle in the 2020 election the same as how he colluded with Russia in 2016. (and no, I'm not making this up)

Apart from Nixon - something I understand - what are the precedents, if any?

This is, in my opinion, a coup attempt.

The democrats have impeached Trump for what they thought he meant when he spoke to the Ukrainian president.

The democrats are influencing the 2020 election by impeaching Trump for trying to influence the 2020 election.

This entire day has had the sincerity and gravity of a wet clown fart.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Whelp, I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Dems were always going to impeach, this was their endgame.

I predicted this long ago, I know a few held hope that it wouldn't end up that way and rightfully so, it is an abuse of power the Dems are displaying.

However, also predicted was the Senate dismissal, which will happen.

This is a game of chess folks and the Dems are going all in, you all need to drop the "shocked faces" and face the reality that we are dealing with lawless radical dems hellbent on getting Trump.

The leftist and those that hold water don't have the mental fortitude to fully understand impeachment and how it works, their inability to think critically will see them tout this as a win of some sort even tho they knew the House could and would Impeach, however the same holds true with the Senate.

If you're a leftist celebrating a partisan impeachment that'll fail in the Senate, you're a FOOL.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

But what exactly has he been accused of doing and why impeachment?

This really is confusing and I'm honestly not being sarcastic or trying to score any sort of imaginary point but I thought with all the checks and balances in the US system anything remotely resembling impeachment worthy would be identified and addressed well before such an outcome as this.

Apart from Nixon - something I understand - what are the precedents, if any?

He has been impeached of no actual crime.
Now it moves to the senate where a 2/3rds majority is required to remove the president.
As this is clearly purely partisan, we will not have sn actuall trial portion in the senate.
The gop will have a simple majority vote to dismiss.

This is a political mess.
An embarrassment for our nation.
A joke as no crimes are accused.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

As this is clearly purely partisan, we will not have sn actuall trial portion in the senate.

Not a single Republican crossed over.

Amash didn't count.

Because he's now an 'independent'.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
President Trump is really excited tonight.

Once Schiff and The Whistleblower are exposed as frauds, Justice Roberts will nullify the impeachment all together.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
In my opinion it’s a coup attempt too.

2 democrats voted Nay.

0 Republicans Yay.

1 present (a Democrat Presidential Nominee Tulsi I believe)

They just fortified Trump and the Republican Party if anything.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And I thought my country's political system was #ed up!

It seems there's no hope for any of us.

I want to find a nice little island in the middle of Micronesia, maybe with a nice little Polynesian friend, and while away in sweet ignorance what's left of my life free from any sort of knowledge of just how even more #ed up this world is becoming than it is already.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Apologies but I really haven't been able to work my way through the mountain of impeachment based threads or trawl my way through the 24 pages of this one but could someone please explain to me in laymans terms and I know this may sound strange but also free from any sort of political bias exactly why Trump is being impeached and what that exactly means.

Many of us outside of the US are genuinely interested in this but get turned off by the blatant bias and pre-conceived viewpoints that so many seem to have.

Thanks in advance.

Hard to perform without bias as the whole affair this time is twice as political as a No Confidence vote on a PM and subsequent House of Commons purge and re-election. But the two Articles presented were 1. Abuse of Power and 2. Obstruction of Congress.

1. Abuse of Power stems from Trump asking for cooperation in the investigation of Biden’s activity in Ukraine. Something he was allowed to do under treaty, except there is a slim margin that Biden may become his Presidential opponent in 2020, so Democrats are calling it “election interference.” This is a departure from the earlier accusations of Bribery and Extortion because they wouldn’t stick. So Abuse of Power was the compromise to have “something”

2. Obstruction of Congress is actually a charge that was made up and has no precedent. But it was because Trump did not want to play in the House’s game nor would he authorize his people to leave work to play. Because the first charge was unfounded.

Since the House used a simple majority vote, both Articles can (but do not have to be) handed to the Senate to find him guilty or acquit. Pretty much a stay or remove vote for the Trumpster.

Opinion is that the Democrats have performed this action based not on existing laws nor evidence of crimes, but on pure revenge for losing the 2016 election. A simple glance finds this to be the case to even the disinterested observer that is grounded in reality.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Democrats RIP.

THEY are done...

Voters ballots across America, no one will vote next to a (D).

No crimes were proven.

Lol 100% STUNT and a weak one at that.

Biggest political blunder in American history..

Seems evolution in us politics left the dems behind.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Trumps in the middle of a rally.

BLAAAAAH ha haha hep hic up blah hahahahahaaa Typical ! Blah ha hahaha
Blahhh hahahaha it's so (lmao) typical

Precious gold!

link   
So funny to watch Schiff a d Pelosi, also so very sad.

link   

I want to find a nice little island in the middle of Micronesia, maybe with a nice little Polynesian friend, and while away in sweet ignorance what's left of my life free from any sort of knowledge of just how even more #ed up this world is becoming than it is already.

yeah, a real shining moment for America.

Our political system makes retards humping doorknobs look like MENSA members.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Not one Republican voted in favor of impeachment. But three Democrats were honest enough to vote against impeachment. We have bipartisan support AGAINST impeachment. But the blind hordes of left-wing zombies will claim that because Demonrats as a majority voted in favor of impeachment that it was completely legal and that they won...

I hope everyone whom is in the center in politics realizes that the ones breaking the law, and not caring about the Republic, the Constitution, or it's people are the Demonrats whom voted for impeachment without ANY evidence of crimes...

It's a sad day when "assumptions, lies, and biased opinions" are used to impeach a POTUS. Next time Demonrats get one of their own as POTUS remember this day, because the same thing should be done to you all.

edit on 18-12-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Well good for them. Now they can ponder how this means nothing. They made sure this means nothing from now on. Thanks guys!

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Ours has been broken for a while.

Happy holidays

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
So no statutes, just word salad charges?

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
So no statutes, just word salad charges?

Well, he did hurt their feelings.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
So, now that my inital prediction is fully realized and accurately so, my next one is the Senate, however it's a bit fuzzy and will be one of two things....

1.) The Senate will either vote to quickly dismiss.

2.) Trump will convince the Senate to drag it on and pull the curtain on everything.

Issues to note: Some GOP may have skeletons and there will be pushback and calls for a quick dismissal.

Honestly my perspective is leaning towards a quick dismissal of the Democrat partisan impeachment sham.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I checked the Magic 8 Ball and got this:

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Ball is in our court now folks.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join