It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impeachment Vote Begins

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Also just my opinion, but I don't see history being kind to those supporting this event.

They'll probably get a Sandy Berger type to delete it from the congressional archives.

Trump haters are master history white washers.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Mitch McConnell really needs to fast track the trial and have done by Christmas.
He should also publicly rebuke the House afterwards and let them know that the Senate will not entertain any more partisan hoax impeachment votes.

edit on 18/12/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

We haven't even gotten to the court yet.

This is more like a Grand Jury.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Yes welcome to today's version of the Washington crap show. I didnt get that far into it... I got the feeling it's just gonna be a longer version of the judiary's (??) Two day mark up version only with more faces to hear from. I'm just assuming that nothing is gonna be said that hasn't been said a million or so times before.
Did find it interesting that the door was left open for the pres and vp though. Are the actually hoping they will make an appearance? Maybe that is where nancy is, somewhere between the White House and the capital building dragging santas sack full of trump.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Ladies, gentlemen and Smizmars, I give you the impeachment theme song.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

This has been nothing like a court, it's been purely political, partisan.

It has all the seriousness and gravity of a clown fart.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Be nice to Nancy, it's really hard to get up after downing a bottle of Johnnie Walker Red.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth
While I do not agree with what the majority in the house has done, why would the senate attempt to rebuke the house for anything they do within their limits?
What the house dems have done is crappy but it is well within their power to do so.
I think the senate not holding a full trial is crappy but it is up to co kane mitch.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

its a partisan bs exercise
no more
no less

the same will be visited in kind in the senate

just as partisan and bs imo

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

True, and it shouldn't have been allowed to get this far.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Mitch McConnell really needs to fast track the trial and have done by Christmas.
He should also publicly rebuke the House afterwards and let them know that the Senate will not entertain any more partisan hoax impeachment votes.

I want a full, long, intensive trial. Let it all hang out. This is a perfect opportunity to show the Dems for who and what they are. Corrupt, lying, scammers.

Why don't you want that?

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Probably the beginning of the end for the Democrats...

It's gonna take years for people to rebuild the trust in these institutions the Democrats are destroying because they couldn't steal the 2016 election.

You know if Democrats actually put forth a moderate liberal candidate who doesn't put the lives of everyone on the planet before Americans they might stand a chance. Hell I'd consider it...

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
While I do not agree with what the majority in the house has done, why would the senate attempt to rebuke the house for anything they do within their limits?
What the house dems have done is crappy but it is well within their power to do so.
I think the senate not holding a full trial is crappy but it is up to co kane mitch.

Maybe it is technically within their rights but it sure is an abuse of power. As noted by Jonathan Turley and Alan Dershowitz.

Not only that, but the Dems have stated on numerous occasions the intent to impeach long before they were able to think up any alleged crimes.

That is not in the spirit or the intent of what the founders had in mind by allowing for articles of impeachment in the constitution. Again, abuse of power.

And lastly, shouldn't the Dems be doing things that actually help the American people?
edit on 18-12-2019 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Schiff didn't bother showing up for Nadler's committee hearings.

Nadler didn't show up for the last day of his own hearings.

Now, Pelosi is not showing up on the last day of what could be the most historic vote of the House.

What the eff is going on? How are people supposed to believe this is so deadly serious when they can't even show up?

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Joe Kennedy, channeling Obama?

I hate that cadence of speaking. Carnival barker.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

Now, Pelosi is not showing up on the last day of what could be the most historic vote of the House.

What the eff is going on? How are people supposed to believe this is so deadly serious when they can't even show up?

They believe because ORANGE MAN BAAAAAD

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Obi-Wan Trump to House Dims: Strike me down, and I'll be more powerful and popular than you can imagine.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

originally posted by: RickinVa

They believe because ORANGE MAN BAAAAAD

I see it as plausible deniability..... I wasn't there when they voted, but if I had of been I would have...(insert excuse here)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
This is such caca.

Sorry to Dems and those who support them, but y'all are a bunch of sore head, infantile losers!

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Maybe it is technically within their rights but it sure is an abuse of power. As noted by Jonathan Turley and Alan Dershowitz.

Not only that, but the Dems have stated on numerous occasions the intent to impeach long before they were able to think up any alleged crimes.

That is not in the spirit or the intent of what the founders had in mind by allowing for articles of impeachment in the constitution. Again, abuse of power.

And lastly, shouldn't the Dems be doing things that actually help the American people?

I agree with almost all of what you posted.
It is FULLY within the houses rights to do what they have done. Calling it an abuse of power is a copout imo.
It is historic, and wrong imo but using their power legally is in no way an abuse of power. That is the same bs argument the dems are attempting to use to impeach the president.
just my opinion

happy holidays

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join