It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impeachment Vote Begins

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
MMM that chick in green though from whats his faces speech. MMMM yeeeeahhhh...

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
a reply to: neo96

Don't go all hyperbolic now. There aint going to be any civil war. Although we are in sort of a cold civil war right now.

Been paying attention to the snip going on in Va with the National guard?

Its coming.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
Can someone dumb this down for me as I just don't know politics enough. I fully expect the votes to go against Trump today, so what does that mean? Is there another vote platform that happens next? Does he have to leave the office effective immediately? Does that mean Pence is then President? Thanks in advance!

If the House votes to impeach, then the articles of impeachment go to the senate who will vote to dismiss or hold a trial.

That's what happens in a nutshell although there is rumor that Dems will vote to impeach and not send the articles to senate for a vote on it.

No, the president will not be removed.

But the Dems are counting on their low info voters on believing that voting for impeachment in the House will mean they have effectively removed the president. It doesn't and it wont.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Correct. Both sides do this. Also, how do most bills die?
If the bill advances with amendments, it returns to the house of origin. The house of origin may fail to take action, and the bill “dies.” The legislative body may vote to approve the changes made by the second chamber. Tweaking always happens from both sides.

Edit add: Adam s biff talking now.

Haha...ATS spell correct error, but I have decided to let the artificial intelligence stand.

edit on 12 18 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

edit on 12 18 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Can someone dumb this down for me as I just don't know politics enough. I fully expect the votes to go against Trump today, so what does that mean? Is there another vote platform that happens next? Does he have to leave the office effective immediately? Does that mean Pence is then President? Thanks in advance!

They vote to impeach.

It then moves to the Senate.

Trump goes nowhere in the mean time.

Senate either dismiss's or holds a trial.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
the disgusting person is on live

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I'll take secession. I would LOVE to see the democrats start their own nation and run it under their own laws. I would absolutely make bets on the over/under for their nation lasting 6 months before it turned into a 3rd world country.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
the disgusting person is on live

Traitor of the Republic you mean right?

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Schiff needs to drop dead

link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

If the House votes to impeach, then the articles of impeachment go to the senate who will vote to dismiss or hold a trial.

That's what happens in a nutshell although there is rumor that Dems will vote to impeach and not send the articles to senate for a vote on it.

No, the president will not be removed.

But the Dems are counting on their low info voters on believing that voting for impeachment in the House will mean they have effectively removed the president. It doesn't and it wont.

Thanks for that info, greatly appreciated.

link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

It means the democrats impeached him, nothing more. In order for him to leave office, the Senate would have to vote to remove him. This is nothing more than a talking point for the left's 2020 campaign. They've wasted millions of dollars and over 3 years of time simply to be able to tell their voters that Trump is an impeached president.

In brief, it means nothing and will destroy the democrat party.

link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Yep, see CA for what their nation would look like

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Why is Schiff given so much time as oppposed to others?

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
ran out of room but it seems the key in the nixon case was that it was a JUDICAL supeona not a congressional one that he had to cave too
en.wikipedia.org...

The Court's opinion found that the courts could indeed intervene on the matter and that Special Counsel Jaworski had proven a "sufficient likelihood that each of the tapes contains conversations relevant to the offenses charged in the indictment". While the Court acknowledged that the principle of executive privilege did exist, the Court would also directly reject President Nixon's claim to an "absolute, unqualified Presidential privilege of immunity from judicial process under all circumstances." The Court held that a claim of Presidential privilege as to materials subpoenaed for use in a criminal trial cannot override the needs of the judicial process if that claim is based, not on the ground that military or diplomatic secrets are implicated, but merely on the ground of a generalized interest in confidentiality. Nixon was then ordered to deliver the subpoenaed materials to the District Court.
so if the DOJ does it he has to if congress does it he appears at least on paper to be able to tell them to pound sand,and as the stuff trump is refusing are not tapes but actual converstations and reccords related to diplomacy this may actually help his case not hurt him ,and as we do not currently have an IC on this matter it does not seem like it would be an apples to apples comparison

en.m.wikipedia.org...

As announced in Wilkinson v. United States,[7] a Congressional committee must meet three requirements for its subpoenas to be "legally sufficient." First, the committee's investigation of the broad subject area must be authorized by its chamber; second, the investigation must pursue "a valid legislative purpose" but does not need to involve legislation and does not need to specify the ultimate intent of Congress; and third, the specific inquiries must be pertinent to the subject matter area that has been authorized for investigation. The Court held in Eastland v. United States Servicemen's Fund[8] that Congressional subpoenas are within the scope of the Speech and Debate clause which provides "an absolute bar to judicial interference" once it is determined that Members are acting within the "legitimate legislative sphere" with such compulsory process. Under that ruling, courts generally do not hear motions to quash Congressional subpoenas; even when executive branch officials refuse to comply, courts tend to rule that such matters are "political questions" unsuitable for judicial remedy. In fact, many legal rights usually associated with a judicial subpoena do not apply to a Congressional subpoena. For example, attorney-client privilege and information that is normally protected under the Trade Secrets Act do not need to be recognized.[9]

Trump v. Mazars is apparently being appealed to the scotus so we may get new case law on the matter but until then we dont get a definitive answer

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

He'll be impeached, but then the articles are supposed to go to the Senate for a trial. He'll only be removed if the trial there goes against him with a vote of 2/3rds of the Senate with the SCOTUS Chief Justice presiding.

Since the Republicans control the Senate, and it's been blatant this is a kangaroo sham, expect this is go nowhere serious in the Senate. McConnel has even talked about just holding a summary acquittal vote with no trial as is his right as the person in charge of the trial process. Trump wants the real hearing process. And the House Dems are no talking like they may not even let the Senate have the articles at all which means it goes nowhere and neither does Trump.

Bill Clinton was formally impeached in the House and was elected to serve a second term even so.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Schiff crying Trump called upon Russia and how amazingly the crowd strike server that even the FBI didn't get to view showed Russia immediately hacked the DNC. Hahaha...come on.

That is what Trump wanted investigated by Ukraine. Truly, Russia is no one's lap dog and neither is Trump. Seriously, questions need to be answered about 2016 but DNC does not want the truth.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

prob because he is head of the judiciary??

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
thehill.com...

The decision by the Supreme Court to review the lower court rulings involving congressional and prosecution subpoenas directed toward President Trump undercuts the second article of impeachment that passed the House Judiciary Committee along party lines last week. That second article of impeachment charges President Trump with obstruction of Congress for refusing to comply with the congressional subpoenas in the absence of a final court order. In so charging him, the House Judiciary Committee has arrogated to itself the power to decide the validity of subpoenas, and the power to determine whether claims of executive privilege must be recognized, both authorities that properly belong with the judicial branch of our government, not the legislative branch. The House of Representatives will do likewise, when it votes to approve the articles, as the chamber is expected to do so Wednesday. President Trump has asserted that the executive branch, of which he is the head, need not comply with congressional subpoenas requiring the production of privileged executive material, unless there is a final court order compelling such production. He has argued, appropriately, that the judicial branch is the ultimate arbiter of conflicts between the legislative and executive branches. Therefore, the Supreme Court decision to review these three cases, in which lower courts ruled against President Trump, provides support for his constitutional arguments in the investigation. The cases that are being reviewed are not identical to the challenged subpoenas that form the basis for the second article of impeachment. One involves authority of the New York district attorney to subpoena the financial records of a sitting president, as part of any potential criminal investigation. The others involve authority of legislative committees to subpoena records as part of any ongoing congressional investigations. But they are close enough. Even if the high court were eventually to rule against the claims by President Trump, the fact that the justices decided to hear them, in effect, supports his constitutional contention that he had the right to challenge congressional subpoenas in court, or to demand that those issuing the subpoenas seek to enforce them through court.

so with more then a few matters apparently going to scotus it seems even with a successful house impeachment vote it will still take time to work its way through the court possibly even having the senate aquit before they rule on the matter

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I tried washing the Schiff from my monitor but it wouldn't come off.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The senate should just make up shi$ as they go along. I mean, might as well right, it's what the Dems did.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join