It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impeachment Vote Begins

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

So you don't have an actual rebuttal?

I don't even like Pelosi. I'm just pointing out that our Founding Fathers didn't believe Congresspeople counted as civil officers.

Do you presume to know more than the people that helped shape the country?
edit on 12/18/2019 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
a reply to: dawnstar

Please provide us all with the evidence of alleged "coercion"

Dude you have been linked the reports.... READ THEM. They will answer all of your questions.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I got a feeling I am the only one who gave you that answer..
But, okay, here is a fuller explanation. I dont feel like arguing. I need to get back out in the kitchen and at least clean out the food processor that I used to shred the cheese for tonight's supper, which, by the way, I almost passed out before I got it out of the fridge.. something that is happening more and more often of late. I ended up deciding not to drive anymore when everything started turning black as I was driving home...
I am sick and tired and i dont feel like arguing! Live with it!!

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The "Noble" defenders of the Constitution are the same ones that want to eliminate the Electoral College, destroy the 1st and 2nnd Amendments.

[snipped]
edit on Wed Dec 18 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms And Conditions Of Use

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: toolgal462
a reply to: dawnstar

Please provide us all with the evidence of alleged "coercion"

Dude you have been linked the reports.... READ THEM. They will answer all of your questions.

Read them and didn't see anything that quantifies as coercion. Please quote the parts you think are coercion.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

I would like to see the Congress removed as they are technologically not needed any more. No one needs to take a month long horseback ride to the Capitol to represent. All legislative duties can fall upon the States and require a 2/3 vote for passage or a 3/4 vote to be veto proof.

People could just vote from their cell phones for spot opinion polls to be honest.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Here's my guess as to where Pelosi, Schiff are.

They are in intense meetings with some democrats who are not going to vote to impeach.

My guess is, they don't have the votes yet, some democrats have backed away from impeachment and Pelosi and democrat House leadership is trying to bully them back into voting for impeachment.

Ah, I think you may be on to something.

If unsuccessful, I guess Nancy will walk in at the last minute and ... ?

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I've explained to you time and again what is meant by the phrase "high crimes and misdemeanors." If you want I can link to a decision by Chief Justice Roberts that states archaic phrases like "high crimes and misdemeanors" and "levying war" need to be interpreted as they would have been by the Founding Fathers.

The Founding Fathers used "high crimes" in the same way that it has been used in English law since the 1300s.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Dude, I'm a GAL.

I would think that was obvious by my name, ToolGAL462 but whatev...

And I wasn't asking you but thanks for your input.

The report, that you keep citing does not provide me with any EVIDENCE in support of alleged crimes.

And the alleged "crimes" cited, are also debatable.

Now do you care to debate any of this with your own thoughts and words or are you just going to refer to a partisan POC document written by the Dems? Who I believe to be hacks.
edit on 18-12-2019 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Isn't that pretty much the same argument people have against the Electoral College?

link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Neither did I. Yet I keep getting the same response from poster. Frankly, it's kind of alarming how incapable some are of answering these simple questions for themselves.

link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Judiciary report Pages 78-138, covers the abuse of power charge which includes bribery.

Bribery?! Oh my! Then for Pete sakes why are they only seeking impeachment on these two silly articles?

Bribery is an abuse of power and not a silly thing at all.

Yet, that is not what they are declaring in their Abuse of Power Article of impeachment. Why? Simply because they have no evidence to actual impeach upon the allegation of bribery.

link   

a reply to: LSU2018

I don't think they can be impeached.

No, but after the Rs retake the House, they can be expelled - if they can get 2/3 to vote for it...

link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

They sure did in the Reconstruction Era when it took an act of Congress to make a former Confederate official eligible to hold a Congressional seat. Living document that the Constitution is and all, it was added as an Amendment. But you know that already.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Nice catch! If Trump is guilty of said "bribery" or even "coercion" why aren't the Dems using those two things as reasons for their impeachment?

lol this is comical

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

It is, hence why I used it. If the EC can’t be used to elect then why have a Congress?

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

New drinking game,

When ever some dimbulb leftist says, "Profound Sadness". . . . take a drink!

Can't... I have a Christmas Party at my son's daycare at 3:45 pm Central and I wanna make it there with my eyes open.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Actual rebuttal for what?

I am talking about one thing and you are talking about drunken Judges from 200 yrs ago.

And you keep repeating it, yet it is not even a valid comparison.

What am I supposed to rebut? That you don't know what the hell you are talking about?

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Judiciary report Pages 78-138, covers the abuse of power charge which includes bribery.

Judiciary report

Dood, you should have helped the idiot dems with their impeachment hearings. They couldn't get any factual witnesses other than Vindman, who acknowledged that the transcript Trump released was accurate, and Sonland who's only first hand information was that Trump wanted NOTHING from Zalinsky.

Had you been there, you could have showed the world how horrible Trump is for killing all those babies.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Here's my guess as to where Pelosi, Schiff are.

They are in intense meetings with some democrats who are not going to vote to impeach.

My guess is, they don't have the votes yet, some democrats have backed away from impeachment and Pelosi and democrat House leadership is trying to bully them back into voting for impeachment.

Ah, I think you may be on to something.

If unsuccessful, I guess Nancy will walk in at the last minute and ... ?

Stammer and stutter and point her bony finger at us???

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join