It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois trying to tax rain

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

I was thinking paying $7800/year in property taxes on a modest home might cover my share of taking care of such basic services.

Pfffffffffft, $7800, chump change. As long as you are breathing and have a red cent in your pocket, it will never be enough.
I lived there for years and still kick myself for all the taxes I paid (hundred of thousands of dollars) while I lived there! Luckily I was able to leave while it was still relatively easy.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Just one more very lame excuse to pick your pocket..pathetic.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
It’s the logical conclusion, you are personally accountable for ... the rain, acs of god. Please, tax the wind and the grass stealing precious clean energy! a reply to: JAGStorm

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Meh, this is just capitalism, and 'muricans are always telling me capitalism is a good thing.

So what's the problem?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo
Meh, this is just capitalism, and 'muricans are always telling me capitalism is a good thing.

Who told you that was capitalism? You were misinformed. This is nothing more than evil greed, not capitalism.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

This isn't a tax on rain, it's a tax on big companies that pave over everything but cheap out on putting in fresh water drainage. If Walmart puts in a big parking lot and the runoff floods out neighboring homes then it's only right that they pay for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join