It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars SC 38 Reimagined

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The famous fight between Darth Vader and Obi-Wan Kenobi always fascinated me, although it was a bit lackluster it was an important scene. These guys made a reimagining of that scene, and it's pretty damn good.

Dunno if you guys have seen this;

Who doesn't like seeing Vader and Obi-Wan as badasses?

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Yeah, saw this one already.
Much better than the rather tame original..
I don't think Lucas knew how much potential he had on his hands.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yeah, kinda wish they'd interlace the obiwan has ptsd into the original as well lol

So much history there. Just remember watching it as a kid, KICK HIS ASS OBIWAN!

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Especially when you consider rogue one happened the day before and vader kicked butt.
He forgot how to fight the next day.

I wish Disney would have done a better job. There is so much awesome fan fiction out there with better story's than the garbage they made.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Why drag out something that HAD to happen ?

You can't win, Vader. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Obi-Wan

I forgot the most important part. Obi-Wan lowers his light saber and ALLOWS Vader the opportunity...

edit on 12/17/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I feel like it was to bolster Luke to keep him from turning, idk, maybe not? :p

edit on 17-12-2019 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I was actually watching that scene a little earlier on yt, like seeing vader like that.

no one can help you silly rebel
edit on 17-12-2019 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   

i think the original reasons were the fragile nature of the props and how hard it was for the guy in vaders suit to move plus obi won being old and them wanting it to be a samuri like duel vs medieval style

how they sort of end up ret conning it is the last time they fought obi-won put him in the suit and royally messed vader up so he goes in more cautious then usual as i THINK at the time other then yoda Obi won is like the last real jedi that vader has had to deal with in a long time (if you dont count legends canon) as Asoka is gone maul is dead and yoda is a space hermit

plus Obi knew how to do the whole force ghost thing

www.youtube.com...

here is him vs maul for the last time and is pretty much a tribute to the old samurai films of ye olden times

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I suppose it's not something younger folks would think about but in '77 Star Wars wasn't a cultural phenomenon, providing the Internet something to argue about endlessly. Mainly because prior to '77 there was no Star Wars and there was no Internet.

When Lucas made that movie he was doing so with the great worry that it would flop and that his career would be over before it really even got started. He had American Graffiti under his belt, a movie that was something of a hit - but a failure with Star Wars could easily have tanked him.

Alec Guinness was an aging actor, in his sixties and past his prime, doing a movie he infamously hated for the paycheck - only agreeing to do so after the studio doubled his salary offer.

The Vader costume worn by David Prowse was incredibly restrictive to sight, mobility, breathing and controlling ones body temperature.

Digital special effects hardly existed at the time and the industry still relied mostly upon miniatures and stop motion for such scenes.

So mix an elderly guy who wasn't interested with a guy who could barely move, breathe or see into a scene in a movie that nobody had any reason to believe would be remembered a year later and that didn't have the option of using special effects to spice things up and, well, with those considerations the scene we got, for all it's flaws, was probably much better than how it could have gone.

Also - Now that Disney is about to release the final Skywalker movie in a few days, and Disney is one of the greediest entities on Earth? I suppose the good news is that we'll probably get a complete redo of A New Hope, complete with an improved Death Star battle scene before too long. You know... "Good news" in a "Oh God no" sort of way.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Whats left for them to do, they can't create anything original anymore.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
i think the original reasons were the fragile nature of the props and how hard it was for the guy in vaders suit to move plus obi won being old and them wanting it to be a samuri like duel vs medieval style

It was actually Lucas telling the actors to pretend that they were immensely powerful weapons surging with energy and needed to be wielded strongly with two hands.

In the subsequent films they made the fighting more fluid and choregraphed.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Great remake but sometimes less is more and I find I prefer the original scene as it was, the original film without the alterations added by the digital enhanced version (everything was done with actual model's and camera work and they just did it so well that even the computer model's have not come close to there artistry) and the original plot far better, still I can't fault genuine star wars fan's there passion or the hard work they have put into this.

You know one of the interesting quirk's the role for which most people love Alec Guinness was one he hated but no one has managed to fill his shoes even though he just did that short part in the first movie then the force ghost voice guiding Luke.

I suppose he shared hating the role with Harrison Ford though Guinness hated it because he saw it as a fairy tale movie and preferred old style roles while Ford hated it because he feel's it ruined his career making him too recognizable as Han Solo and preventing him from getting many other parts because he was type cast.

You have undoubtedly seen this before but it is just so good it always deserves a reference and is how I would have loved to see a more adult anti hero star wars movie based around the Sith Apprentice.
A bit longer than the video above is Darth Maul Apprentice, I find that despite being a fan movie and only a little over a quarter of an hour it is both better for it's fight scene's and also feel's more Star Wars than Disney's movies, oh and it gives one of the best star wars characters some more screen time (even if his role was cut short - pun intended) in the prequel's.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   
A buddy at work suggested I watch this earlier in the year. I really really liked this. I know there is another scene out there that someone reimagined once I remember I will share.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Even the Star Wars video games have better stories than the horrible movies. After the original trilogy they should have just stopped. Hell, Disney made it even worse.

This will be the first time I skip seeing a Star Wars film in the theatre in my entire life. I don’t want to pay money to see Rose Tico and the ultimate “Mary Sue” in Rey. They are horrible characters with simply awful storylines. We already saw Rey beat Kylo in the first movie with no training...what is left to do?

Stupid ass Daisy Ridley insulted Trump and Boris Johnson voters on top of everything else right before her movie releases. Seriously, you can’t keep your big trap shut before your “blockbuster” craptastic movie comes out? What a moron.

I really hope it bombs and Disney gets what they deserve.

edit on 2019/12/18 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Most would disagree with me but I am certain the first movies had a different writer or input from someone whom had a different take on it, by the third movie that writer seemed to have stopped adding input as it became about merchandising teddy bear Ewoks.

The Prequel's actually had a great plot and many cut scene's that would have completely changed there perspective, Jar Jar binks may have turned out to be a sith Lord in hiding from Sidius AND the Jedi remember how he acted so clumsily but always avoided being shot while taking out whole squad's of robot troopers etc, even the actor that played him believed he was really going to turn out to be a Sith, a cut scene part that they tamed down a lot was Padme's last meeting with Annakin were she was supposed to know he had turned to the dark side and hold a knife behind her back but as she still loved him the scene was going to show her drop the knife unable to kill the man she loved, other than that it was no longer the star wars we loved, the star wars made for and by lovers of the story but the prequel's were overloaded with YOUNGLINGS and Midichlorian's (Cross between an old hi fi and a bottle of bleach) as well as numerous LORE inconsistency's (not least those Pesky little Midichlorian's) with the original star wars movies, they still had good point's however and make the new star wars trilogy look awful by comparison (except for those Younglings that kind of ruined them for older star wars fan's and Kid's alike as it was all about dumbing down the story to sell merchandising, training light-sabers and kid's Padawan outfit's etc), But they were still star wars.

You know though I actually quite liked SOLO and Rogue One and the special effects are brilliant in the new movies if the fight scene's leave a lot to be desired and the idea of a young lady doing what took Luke years of arduous training on Dagobah to achieve in just two movies and a couple of hectic fight scenes as well as instantly somehow being able to over power the mind of a Sith acolyte did very much spoil it for me, they were too fast paced, too weak on story and lore and too limited in the scope of the universe they portrayed.

And somehow the Rebel Alliance was still around when in fact it should have been a small fleet from the republic Navy no longer the Rebel Alliance but the Rebublic Navy, Leia should have been in a council chamber even though Alderan was destroyed as she was now a hero of the Republic and even with her seat gone she would still have had a vote.
Luke should NEVER have been portrayed as a drunken old man drinking milk or milking the breasts of alien manatee.

There were too many cringe worthy moments in the new movies, the female lead I am fine with but suddenly having the power of a Jedi when it took Luke whom was supposedly far more powerful than her ages to hone his skill's, the writing was poor, some scene's those alien manatee etc were cringe worthy and just NOT star wars it was like David Attenborough had invaded the Star Wars universe or something there and Please Chewbacka eating an alien chicken penguin thing while it's family look on only for them to then become pet's and friend's with the monster that just ate one of them aghhah.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Ya, that was pretty damn cool!

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Or, how about Chewy just walking past Leia after Han died in TFA.
Chewy or Leia would NEVER just walk past each other after something monumental as Han dying.
Leia goes to consol a girl Han met just a few hours before, but Han's best friend in the entire galaxy, just gets the cold shoulder.

These boobs writing this new stuff have no idea what the SW Universe is about.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 05:38 AM
link   
That was pretty damn good!

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
We already saw Rey beat Kylo in the first movie with no training...

Right? The only way it could have been worse is if she learned about the Force in one day and then blew up the Death Star.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

new topics

top topics

join