It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phone Call w/ VA Nat'l Guardsman on Martial Law/Gun Control (12-17-19)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Hubs just shared this with me. Supposedly it is a live call between a guy with a Youtube channel and the Virginia National Guard.
If it is truly a Sergeant with the National Guard I don't think the people or the police in Virginia have any worries about the National Guard being used to confiscate or to force police to confiscate any firearms in the state of Virginia regardless of what the Governor or any other state politicians are threatening.

Video is just over 8 minutes long and well worth a listen. I truly hope this was a real call and not some phony set up!

edit on 17-12-2019 by GeauxHomeYoureDrunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
no N G personnel will enforce it....they talk about that upfront

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

When a national guard member is called to duty, do they tell them on the phone what their assignments will be or is it just get your butt to base?

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

That's Comforting to Know , but he Did Say that they are Only Legally Activated by the Governor of Virginia ALONE . Pause for Thought .................Hmm...

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

All of these things are literally what I said in the original thread about this yesterday. To add to this there are already multiple counties sheriffs that have said they will deputize as many residents as it takes to repel any forceful confiscation action. This whole thing is literally a case of a few very small highly populated areas trying to force their will upon the rest of the state. Keep a look out for news about the January 20th rally in the Capitol as that is the next major demonstration over all of this.

Sic semper tyranus is our states motto and they weren't afraid before and I don't think they'd be afraid now.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

When a national guard member is called to duty, do they tell them on the phone what their assignments will be or is it just get your butt to base?

He is usually only told to get his butt to base, but their commanding officers would brief them before beginning deployment.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

That's Comforting to Know , but he Did Say that they are Only Legally Activated by the Governor of Virginia ALONE . Pause for Thought .................Hmm...

They are activated by the Governor, however the oaths they swear (as all military in the US) is first to the US and defense of the Constitution, secondly allegiance to the state (in this case Virginia, but as far as enforcement goes the Constitution trumps any state laws that are questionable in legality constitution wise) and then thirdly to the Governor of the state.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

The National Guard of Any State Including Virginia can be at Any Moment Legally " Federalized " by the POTUS . A Slippery Slope for those dealing with Constitutional Law .............

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
So another deranged Dem thinks they will overturn the 2nd and back it up with the National Guard?
These clowns are freaking incredible.
It’s like the guy on the phone said, 2 million citizens and 8000 troops....never going to happen.
Let the Dems be the ones to come to the door first.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Don't you forget.

The Police ... and ... the National Guard. Street-By-Street ... House-To-House.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

All of these things are literally what I said in the original thread about this yesterday. To add to this there are already multiple counties sheriffs that have said they will deputize as many residents as it takes to repel any forceful confiscation action. This whole thing is literally a case of a few very small highly populated areas trying to force their will upon the rest of the state. Keep a look out for news about the January 20th rally in the Capitol as that is the next major demonstration over all of this.

Sic semper tyranus is our states motto and they weren't afraid before and I don't think they'd be afraid now.

I'm sorry, but as this phone call was only posted today I fail to see how there is a pre-existing thread about it, maybe about the threat to call in the Guard but certainly not a phone interview with someone at their state headquarters.

But apparently there is some concern among the citizens because I have been looking for a mountain cabin in the Cumberland Gap area where Kentucky, Tennessee and Virginia come together and on the Virginia side of the border the prices have been decreasing quickly since all of this started coming about.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

The National Guard of Any State Including Virginia can be at Any Moment Legally " Federalized " by the POTUS . A Slippery Slope for those dealing with Constitutional Law .............

Actually , the National Guard or Reserves can be brought in to the active duty forces of the US of A by the President.
Not as Guard units.
That is the "federalized" part.

Denying ignorance
Why ?
I did this with forgiveness.Most likely too many Youtube videos or MSM watching .

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I didn't mean you shouldn't have made this thread by any means... I apologize if it came across that way. The thread was a very overall generalized one too so this one has its place for sure.

I do take these liberal politicians seriously though and without going into any details I was told by a person who works directly for the governer responsible for these bills that they are very serious in the attempt to do what it is they've set out to do. That person themselves owns many items that would become illegal and would not turn over or support any of this. That right there lets me know that the support they have is pretty superficial at best.

It is huge on the minds of everyone I spoke with on my recent trip to VA...in fact it was the first thing my brother and I talked about when he picked me up at the airport. I just think it will fall flat on its face if they move forward with it. I know too well the type of people I grew up around in that state and the culture of the area.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Actually , the National Guard or Reserves can be brought in to the active duty forces of the US of A by the President.
Not as Guard units.

Denying ignorance
Why ?
I did this with forgiveness.Most likely too many Youtube videos or MSM watching .

True, but you think our sitting president will federalize those National Guard to take guns away illegally?

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

Not as Guard units.

Denying ignorance
Why ?

True, but you think our sitting president will federalize those National Guard to take guns away illegally?

No.
That is only for a case of the US being invaded or an extreme National Emergency at a Federal level.
I.E . When the role of Commander in Chief would absolutely have to be employed.
However , this could happen to protect the Constitution . Which would be precisely the opposite of your scenario.

edit on 12/17/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/17/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

Not as Guard units.

Denying ignorance
Why ?

No, He would Federalize them to STOP them from taking guns away illegally. Same thing happened in Alabama with George Wallace PREVENTING Blacks from attending public school. The guard was federalized to FORCE the state to accept blacks in the schools.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I have sneaking suspicion any thing that can be contrived by far left governors such as Virginia's as civil unrest or civil emergency could result in such a governor attempting to invoke the Kigali Agreement and invite in UN troops as so-called peacekeepers.

Firearm confiscation along with 1st and 4th amendment violations having to do with taking of property, free speech and free association in an already polarized political climate is akin to striking a match in a building full of gas fumes.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
I have sneaking suspicion any thing that can be contrived by far left governors such as Virginia's as civil unrest or civil emergency could result in such a governor attempting to invoke the Kigali Agreement and invite in UN troops as so-called peacekeepers.

Firearm confiscation along with 1st and 4th amendment violations having to do with taking of property, free speech and free association in an already polarized political climate is akin to striking a match in a building full of gas fumes.

I'm not sure that a state governor could use a climate change agreement to call in UN Peacekeeping Troops and even if somehow they could I don't see how it would do any good since their charter says they cannot be used as an enforcement tool.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Maybe you should look up "Kigali Principles" before typing such misinformation.

Never said they'd be enforcers, however they'd be perfect enablers for the enforcers.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It Begins: Virginia Forms Active Militia to Protect Sheriffs, Citizens From Un-Constitutional Laws

When the shooting starts, things are gonna get real ... and quick. The power lines are coming down (which is gonna be bad if you live in the cities) and nothing is going to be allowed to fly.

OBTW: Did you see where the VA Gubment made it a Felony to belong to a militia ... and 'train'. The government has basically declared war on their armed citizens. I don't see any good outcomes here.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join