It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps direct and to the point letter to Nancy Pelosi

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: neutronflux

Trump isn't being impeached for obstruction of justice, which would at least attempt, to conceal a crime. He's being impeached for obstruction of Congress, by refusing to acknowledge Congress' constitutional authority.

Watched the live hearings and read transcripts. Neither of these charges have any evidence to prove Trump guilty. No crime. No concealment. No congress authority to impeach.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Trump isn't being impeached for obstruction of justice, which would at least attempt, to conceal a crime. He's being impeached for obstruction of Congress, by refusing to acknowledge Congress' constitutional authority.

Yes, impeached for a non crime. you just said it.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

If there is no crime, this is nothing he is obstructing from. An innocent person is allowed to defend themselves? And the President doesn’t have more power than congress, but is not subservient to congress either. What crime is he accused of other than obstruction? Abuse of power? What federal law / statute is that listed under?

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
a reply to: StallionDuck

Is puke an impeachable offense too?

lol don't give them any ideas.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

It's as good as anything they've already come up with.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Okay, but in order to have reasonable suspicion, wouldn't you have to have some evidence of being part of a criminal act?

Like, you are pulled over and drugs are found in your car...That would be evidence of criminal behavior, but you may be innocent because you didn't know drugs were inn your car?

Circumstantial evidence at the very least is needed. Right?

Not really. Suspicion is if you were hanging outside the crack house talking to people. Police might suspect that you're making a buy. If someone in that home is arrested for suspicion of drug activity, evidence or not, they can still arrest you for just standing on the sidewalk in front of that house. The court will determine if you are indeed guilty.

Evidence can be tricky. If you have physical evidence, then it's admissible in court but even if someone finds a smoking gun in your hand, proof is in the courts. You may have picked it up along the way. You can be arrested with or without evidence but "evidence" can only be determined in a court of law because you are only charged, not convicted. You are innocent until found guilty and convicted - so you're guilty until the judge (or you) say otherwise in the end - before you go home or prison.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

No congress authority to impeach.

Article 1 of the US Constitution disagrees with you.

The evidence of Trump's obstruction of Congress is indisputable. Obstruction of Congress is a high crime.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I certainly can't disagree with that. I'm watching this BS parade while I'm at work. I can't believe so many people actually believe these lies. No evidence what so ever, of any sort... except the democrats involved in this are total idiots and self important dumb@$$es.

I wonder if they believe their own words or if they really know that they're doing this because they're angry someone other than a lawyer or hillary won.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

If there is no crime, this is nothing he is obstructing from. An innocent person is allowed to defend themselves?

Obstruction of justice, or Congress, is a crime in and of itself. The fact that you know you didn't do it doesn't preclude you from the halls of justice. Lots of innocent people are in jail, right?

Your supposed innocence doesn't give you the right to bribe a judge.

edit on 18-12-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Are you in law enforcement? I am not going to argue as I do not know for sure how this works but it sounds unreasonable to me that one can be arrested for simply standing on the sidewalk outside of a crack house.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I certainly can't disagree with that. I'm watching this BS parade while I'm at work. I can't believe so many people actually believe these lies. No evidence what so ever, of any sort... except the democrats involved in this are total idiots and self important dumb@$$es.

I wonder if they believe their own words or if they really know that they're doing this because they're angry someone other than a lawyer or hillary won.

They don't believe their own BS but they know their dumbed down Dem supporters will buy it, hook line and sinker!

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Yet, here we are, disputing your allegations.

As are all the Republican members of congress.

So, stop lying.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

Yet, here we are, disputing your allegations.

My allegations? Which allegations? The Article of Impeachment that asserts that Trump obstructed Congress?

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Yes, YOUR allegations. The ones YOU claim are "indisputable". Duh

eta: You have no actual EVIDENCE of any crime, so your allegations are being disputed.

edit on 18-12-2019 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I'm not aware of any argument from you, or anyone, that disputes that Trump refused to honor a congressional subpoena, or congressional authority to impeach.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Are you in law enforcement? I am not going to argue as I do not know for sure how this works but it sounds unreasonable to me that one can be arrested for simply standing on the sidewalk outside of a crack house.

Was

I was a leo for some time.

To make sure I worded that right, I'll give you an example.

There was a house that was 'thought' to be a known drug house. Based on suspicion (sometimes someone elses word or anon phone call - or a previous person getting busted), when we saw car after car arrive and leave only minutes later, we started pulling cars over a ways down the road as they left (so the house occupants didn't know what was going on). This is very common and very legal.

Once we found drugs in any of those vehicles, a search warrant was ordered immediately. As soon as the warrant came in (this process should be questionable because it's not always done legally and properly) the home was raided. Everyone in and outside that home was arrested whether they had drugs on them or not. They were all charged with various charges depending on if they had drugs on them or even paraphernalia. Rolling papers count - even if you have a pack of tobacco with it. As soon as the drugs were found, IF no one claims it, everyone is charged with possession and other related charges - the court determines who's responsible and often times, everyone is found guilty because no one claims. In some states, doesn't matter if you claim it or not. You're guilty by association.

Same as if someone found drugs in your car. Even if it belongs to the passenger in the back seat, you'll still get hooked up. If you go down on a domestic call, the wife says the husband beat her and the husband says the wife beat him. Both have marks or no marks. SOMEONE has to be arrested, according to the law where I was an officer. This also applies to many other cities.

Unfortunately a lot of BS happens because of this and cops do get away with things they shouldn't. I'll be the first to admit that. Even my partners... Some were honorable and just... Some were simply worthless pigs who joined the force because they were picked on as a kid. Sadly.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Was

I was a leo for some time.

To make sure I worded that right, I'll give you an example.

There was a house that was 'thought' to be a known drug house. Based on suspicion (sometimes someone elses word or anon phone call - or a previous person getting busted), when we saw car after car arrive and leave only minutes later, we started pulling cars over a ways down the road as they left (so the house occupants didn't know what was going on). This is very common and very legal.

Once we found drugs in any of those vehicles, a search warrant was ordered immediately. As soon as the warrant came in (this process should be questionable because it's not always done legally and properly) the home was raided. Everyone in and outside that home was arrested whether they had drugs on them or not. They were all charged with various charges depending on if they had drugs on them or even paraphernalia. Rolling papers count - even if you have a pack of tobacco with it. As soon as the drugs were found, IF no one claims it, everyone is charged with possession and other related charges - the court determines who's responsible and often times, everyone is found guilty because no one claims. In some states, doesn't matter if you claim it or not. You're guilty by association.

Same as if someone found drugs in your car. Even if it belongs to the passenger in the back seat, you'll still get hooked up. If you go down on a domestic call, the wife says the husband beat her and the husband says the wife beat him. Both have marks or no marks. SOMEONE has to be arrested, according to the law where I was an officer. This also applies to many other cities.

Unfortunately a lot of BS happens because of this and cops do get away with things they shouldn't. I'll be the first to admit that. Even my partners... Some were honorable and just... Some were simply worthless pigs who joined the force because they were picked on as a kid. Sadly.

Doesn't sound entirely fair but it's more fair than this impeachment process in the House I think.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Oh it's certainly NOT fair. And you're right. Part of the reason I'm not a police officer anymore. I hated "picking" on the innocent for the sake of the town hall's money grubbin against it's citizens. It's never fun when you know everyone around you. I grew up there. Everyone were friends. That's tough when you have to make those hard choices.

It weighs on you.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Well, on the flip side we really do need LE and police especially.

However, we could use LESS of LE harrasing citizens for the almighty dollar they extort on behalf of the state.
edit on 18-12-2019 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
He turned me into a newt!
...I got better.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join