It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family emergency sidelines Jerry Nadler day before expected impeachment vote

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: StallionDuck

Not buying it... He's screwed and he knows it. His party is done and he knows it. Trump isn't getting impeached and he knows it. Now the coward is faking injury to bow out.

Beat me to it. I'd be willing to bet he drags this out till at least friday. Then they could have the weekend to hide.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Nadler does not want to say something that he can be charged with a crime to say so he is getting someone else to lie and deceive others. You see, he is a chair of the Judicial committee, he is supposed to be upholding the constitution and he could be held accountable for lies he promotes in this impeachment procedure. He is no fool. Someone else will take the fall and claim that they were unaware they committed a crime when they gave the speech.

He is supposed to be following the laws of the United States when he does this impeachment. he is looking for an excuse so he cannot be targeted for removal from Congress. I suppose he must have heard something through the grapevine about action being taken against people who are twisting everything out of proportion. His vote when he gets back is his opinion.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
His wife, Joyce Miller, is ill, not Nadler himself. I don't care for him and his recent politics. Certainly wish no ill will upon his wife. Hope all is well for her. Will give him kudos for putting politics aside to join his wife, though.

Thanks for the info. Glad someone was able to shed some light on it. I too feel the same. Wouldn't **** on him if he was on fire but that's not the fault of his family.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Personal family stuff should be off limits to both sides, just like politicians kids. I'm an equal opportunity critic.

I can't stomach the guy, but then I can't stomach most of them from both sides. Making up conspiracies out of thin air is a bit silly season.

The fact that you recognize this, no matter what you think about Trump, is worthy of praise. I wont condemn anyone for who they cheer for. It would be nice to see those same people actually go in with a level head and consider all sides before they start pushing their own narratives. I will say that I would agree with anyone if they consider Trump brash, an @hole, a ****head, a twitter manchild (as opposed to any of us who do the same on ATS? lol), a pig.... But damn it's so funny!!! Honestly I feel that this is the fresh air many of us needed - a comical break away from government to symbolize just how much of a rat race and cake fight our government has become. For me, it's a smack in the face to government as a whole just to show how little we think of their power hungry, careless antics. Now they know that we don't give a damn about them because we put a man in office that goes against everything they want government to be - everything we detest about government!

I mean, look... We tried to fix it with Ron Paul and they laughed at us... Guess who's laughing now!?

edit on 17-12-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Not buying it... He's screwed and he knows it. His party is done and he knows it. Trump isn't getting impeached and he knows it. Now the coward is faking injury to bow out.

I think he went to get new marching orders. Or a private reaming.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Just a guess, but a stress induced case of the trots?

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

Yep. This is the same douchepimple that kept everyone until midnight for the vote, then right before midnight he dismissed them just to show who has the power at the moment. Something the class nerd would do after he's promised protection and while playing Hall Monitor, writes up the dude he's jealous of.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: CynConcepts
His wife, Joyce Miller, is ill, not Nadler himself. I don't care for him and his recent politics. Certainly wish no ill will upon his wife. Hope all is well for her. Will give him kudos for putting politics aside to join his wife, though.

Thanks for the info. Glad someone was able to shed some light on it. I too feel the same. Wouldn't **** on him if he was on fire but that's not the fault of his family.

It's too convenient. I still don't believe his wife is sick.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Something... They let this guy disappear for a "family illness" but Ruth Ginsburg is constantly sick and they keep her and her illnesses hidden. It's just a play to benefit them and since we're the nice guys who play by the rules, we take their "word" for it when we should be telling them "tough titty."

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

There is that possibility. I wont rule it out. It's just seems convenient but then again, I'm always the sceptic. That's the X-cop in me lol

btw - check your email!

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
a reply to: LSU2018

There is that possibility. I wont rule it out. It's just seems convenient but then again, I'm always the sceptic. That's the X-cop in me lol

btw - check your email!

I'm always skeptic about what they're doing over there... Lol.

I'm on it brother.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   
More Democrat tricks in play.

Nadler likely has a "medical" episode brewing just in case he needs a quick excuse for a future failure.

Democrats using all available tactics to hoodwink the public 😃

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
More Democrat tricks in play.

Nadler likely has a "medical" episode brewing just in case he needs a quick excuse for a future failure.

Democrats using all available tactics to hoodwink the public 😃

Bout time you got back.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

When in school it would have been, The dog ate my homework. This is so overwhelmingly an opportunity to duck out, it’s laughable. Jerry don’t know the meaning of Cowboy up.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Nadler does not want to say something that he can be charged with a crime to say so he is getting someone else to lie and deceive others. You see, he is a chair of the Judicial committee, he is supposed to be upholding the constitution and he could be held accountable for lies he promotes in this impeachment procedure. He is no fool. Someone else will take the fall and claim that they were unaware they committed a crime when they gave the speech.

He is supposed to be following the laws of the United States when he does this impeachment. he is looking for an excuse so he cannot be targeted for removal from Congress. I suppose he must have heard something through the grapevine about action being taken against people who are twisting everything out of proportion. His vote when he gets back is his opinion.

Buddy, Nadler has already lost the confidence of the republicans and when this amounts to the sham we all know it to be he will be forced to step down from his position. So bowing out for his sick wife isn’t going to save him from anything. I think it’s that he’s consulting a legal team because once this hits senate it’s over. The senate will crush this and probably ask the DOJ to investigate just how this got off the rails. They will probably want to know who the whistle blower is, they will want Schiff to answer questions on his involvement and will look at the official democratic strategy involved with this impeachment. I believe if they prove twice the democrats proposed something on falsified information This will be the second time it has happened in 4 years and they won’t be able to play stupid or incompetent.

We just might see people going to jail for this maybe.
edit on 17-12-2019 by Veryolduser because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I've made no secret of my dislike for Trump even though I'm most likely going to be forced to vote for him as an Independent. He's an idiot when it comes to communications, but I can't vote based on that.

I ask myself has he made things better and yes he has. The economy is going gangbusters, we lead the world in CO2 reduction, unemployment among minorities is extremely low historically and lots of other good things. If the USMCA passes, it's historic and solves a lot of problems from the past. If he gets a decent deal from China, again a historic accomplishment on what is in fact a bipartisan issue. I'm not on his side on some social issues since I'm for Medicare for all. In addition to the Wall I think he should also be making it easy for workers to cross the border and let more people in. The wall is a no brainier, but I also agree with the Left on other immigration issues.

I think what goes through my head is similar to many Independents. We make the decision who wins, not the smaller groups of Dem's and Republicans.

A bit off topic but thought I'd think it through.

This business of making a conspiracy out of every little thing and stalking any politician in their personal lives is absurd.
edit on 12/17/2019 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Maybe he'll return with a Black Eye, or a medical boot on one of his feet.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Was your absence voluntary? I hope so.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: xuenchen
Was your absence voluntary? I hope so.

Yes.

But with good family reasons (unlike Nadler) 😎

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Seems simple to me. He had a family emergency and had to make a quick trip home. Normal enough, they all have lives beyond their jobs. It's none of our business what the emergency is.

Why, what theory do you have?

It's not an ER situation. Just running for cover. Made a fool of himself during the hearing and needs to lay low for a bit.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join