It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family emergency sidelines Jerry Nadler day before expected impeachment vote

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Politico announced that Nadler just happened to have a family emergency at a rather important time:

House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler is tending to an undisclosed family emergency in New York City and will miss the last procedural step before articles of impeachment come to the floor, a committee aide confirmed Tuesday.

Nadler is expected to return to Washington late Tuesday or early Wednesday before the impeachment vote. In the meantime, Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.), another member of the Judiciary Committee, is expected to fill in and handle the presentation of articles of impeachment to the Rules Committee, which will tee them up for Wednesday's vote.

Anyone have an idea of what this might mean? Anyone think it's intentional?

Source

I just assume put anything and everything relating to politics here in the Mud Pit. I feel that it will get down to slinging mud at this stage no matter the topic

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Seems simple to me. He had a family emergency and had to make a quick trip home. Normal enough, they all have lives beyond their jobs. It's none of our business what the emergency is.

Why, what theory do you have?

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

This article says a ill relative.

Rep. Jerry Nadler has been sidelined Tuesday by an undisclosed “family emergency” as the House of Representatives prepares for a historic vote to impeach President Trump.

Nadler is coping with a relative who is ill, a source said, and had to return home to New York.

Source
edit on 12/17/19 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Not buying it... He's screwed and he knows it. His party is done and he knows it. Trump isn't getting impeached and he knows it. Now the coward is faking injury to bow out.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Why, what theory do you have?

Thinking perhaps he doesn't have the ability to articulate the charges in a proper way or afraid he's going to slip up on it. Perhaps it's nothing at all which I don't doubt. My curiosity lies in whether or not this could be something other than. I'm definitely not claiming one way or the other - It's honestly more of a question for brighter minds than myself on this issue.

If it's legitimately a family emergency of any kind, I wish this guy's family the best.

ETA: It does say that he'll be there back in time for the vote but he himself will not be handling the "presentation of articles of impeachment to the Rules Committee".
edit on 17-12-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I'm sure the conservative blogsphere is cooking up some conspiracy theory somewhere.

Whatever the reason it's going to be something against Trump.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

The DemocRATS are jumping ship.....

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Anyone have an idea of what this might mean? Anyone think it's intentional?

Nah, probably has an ill family member. If he isn't already embarrassed by the actions of the House as of late, I doubt he'd be embarrassed by a failed vote for impeachment.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Doesn't matter whether it is true or not he is not there at the moment and I am sure whatever they wanted to get done will get done anyway whether he is there or not. Sometimes life happens and in my experience usually in least opportune times. If someone is ill I hope they recover.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Is he trying to avoid something?

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

edit on 17-12-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
There isn’t family emergency that’s just a excuse .

He knows he made a shambles of the impeachment three wing circus .

Right now he’s locked in a dark bathroom depressed and drunker than cooter browns goat.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I bet it has to do with the optics and his re-election prospects. Watch the person who does end up presenting the articles is someone looking to retire anyway and it won't matter if it backfires on them. I mean he is not poor...not like he couldn't fly in just for the few hours needed to present the articles and fly back to his family anyway.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

I'm sure the conservative blogsphere is cooking up some conspiracy theory somewhere.

I'm sure the progressive blogsphere is cooking up conspiracies also. I hold both in equal disdain. Trying to make something out of every fart a politician lets loose is a bit much.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The stress of all the committee hearings may be getting to him. He has had episodes in the recent past that looked like he was having a stroke, he fell asleep during the impeachment hearing that he chaired and he often has to lean on things when he is standing. The 'relative' that is ill could possibly be him.
I forgot to add that there is a video of him drooling at the committee hearings last week.

edit on b000000312019-12-17T14:36:43-06:0002America/ChicagoTue, 17 Dec 2019 14:36:43 -0600200000019 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Imagine the ‘reeeeeee’action if President Trump ever had a ‘family emergency’

The hate
The vitriol
The fake outrage

All directed AT the actual family member who was sick

As for nadler, probably genuinely has an emergency to attend to.
edit on 17 12 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
His wife, Joyce Miller, is ill, not Nadler himself. I don't care for him and his recent politics. Certainly wish no ill will upon his wife. Hope all is well for her. Will give him kudos for putting politics aside to join his wife, though.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Does not matter. Everyone already knows the outcome of all of this. I'm not even a Trump fan and it's becoming clear, just like President Clinton, he'll win anyway.

I'd say that Nadler had no reason to make something like this up. It must be truly important for him to leave, even for a day. Personal family stuff should be off limits to both sides, just like politicians kids. I'm an equal opportunity critic.

I can't stomach the guy, but then I can't stomach most of them from both sides. Making up conspiracies out of thin air is a bit silly season.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

originally posted by: grey580

I'm sure the progressive blogsphere is cooking up conspiracies also. I hold both in equal disdain. Trying to make something out of every fart a politician lets loose is a bit much.

You are taking flatulence to lightly.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Doesn't matter.

Impeaching a sitting president comes before your own family. IF true.

Definitely sends the wrong message.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join