It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (Iron Butterfly) Cover by Sina

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
My favorite all-time song from my past is, Inna-gada-da-vida, I can listen to it many times per day and never tire of it.
I heard it the first time on the radio (when it came out) and I thought I had literally died and gone to heaven, I didn't know that music like that existed!

The other day I was on YouTube and I saw this video was on there, so I saved it, I just now listened to it, I have to say, they definitely did it justice...
The lead guitarist's orgasm face needs some work, but that is a minor quibble considering.
These people are ALL very good in what they do, they may not be perfect, but I, for one, really appreciated what they accomplished, hopefully you will too.

Don't cheat yourself if you are at work, wait until you can listen to it a lot louder, it's worth it.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 17-12-2019 by recrisp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Thank You for the Song. Haven't heard that in very, very long time!

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
In a godda da vida is a great song.
Very psychedelic, right down to the phlanged drums.
Those guys do a really good cover!

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I recall laying on my back in a cow pasture, belly full of local fungus.
Sound system in the Galaxie 500 cranked.
I watch the Man in the Moon sing this tune.
It was super groovy, man.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: trontech

You're welcome, and if a person hasn't heard this in awhile, this is good for the soul.

Thanks for replying.

Oh, just in case anyone's up for some more goodness, I just watched this one.
I am not even what I would call a fan of this group she is covering, but I have to say that I am VERY impressed with her drum skills.
She can also play lead guitar, bass guitar, xylophone, keyboards, and sing, and God only knows what else she can play.
She will be famous, you can just tell.

I have no idea if she is a kid, an older teen, or a young lady, but she's got talent.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger
Yeah, I definitely agree, very good cover, and that (I assume) they all played their parts at different locations and times.
Thanks for the reply.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Homefree
That really, REALLY does sound super groovy, the way that you put it. heheh
(I always wanted a Galaxie 500)
Thank you for your reply too!

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

Wow, that brings back memories. First Album I bought and kids all over high school were driving teachers nuts playing the drum part on their desks.

Thanks for posting that. I'd not heard or listened to it in years. Not quite as well done as the original, but still a fairly good cover.

The original -

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I had bought an album from them at a flea market when I was around 12 years old. This song was on it. I have always just been amazed by this song. Possibly better than Inna gadda? In my opinion yeah.

Butterfly Blue:

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

Wow, that brings back memories. First Album I bought and kids all over high school were driving teachers nuts playing the drum part on their desks.

Thanks for posting that. I'd not heard or listened to it in years. Not quite as well done as the original, but still a fairly good cover.

Yeah, it does bring back really good memories!

I was 16, that was 51 years ago, it just never gets old.
I don't remember the drum playing at school for that song, only for, "Wipeout" from the Surfari's.

This is not as good as the original, for sure, but it's the best rendition that I know of, not that I have heard that many, that is taking on quite the challenge.

edit on 17-12-2019 by recrisp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
I had bought an album from them at a flea market when I was around 12 years old. This song was on it. I have always just been amazed by this song. Possibly better than Inna gadda? In my opinion yeah.

I have never heard that song before, I listened to it too, I kind of liked it, but for me, since it's 'new to me', I like IGDV better.

Thanks for posting that though!

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Love this great driving tune, or vegging out cranked up in your basement

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
That song is iconic for me for a particular reason. Living in a country ruled by a left-wing General and Dictator when I was a kid, most of rock music was forbidden. For a unknown reason, this song was allowed to play on the government controlled tv channel. I watched countless times and never got tired of it.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

It's hard for a Cover to match what was done in a good studio originally. I wish I had the vinyl as digital does not do the original justice. Last time I heard it right was in the 90s when I still had some hardcore audio-video equipment. A lot is lost in digital.

I regret not bringing my system with me when I relocated to Alaska in 2000. I had two JBL Summits, a high quality Sub and all the gear to go with it. I could literally make all the windows in my house bulge, without any distortion from the speakers. Where, oh where did the good equipment go? Young people would demand that it go back to analog if they experienced truly good sound. Even better than vinyl was the old reel to reel tapes, played on solid equipment. Direct copies of the original masters.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6
I have not seen that Simpsons episode, that was really pretty good, I would go to church more had they done that.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

That is very strange, but at least it's a 'good strange'!

I can't even imagine what your life was like then.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I would've thought that the digital version would be better, I assume a lot, I guess.
Direct copies that matter, I did know.

You really are right, there aren't really any audiophiles anymore, like there used to be, I mean, there is, but they are all 'mobile' now, but you sure don't hear about home versions. (Well, aside from T.V. stuff)
I might like music, but it takes a certain type person to differentiate what is good, I know 'good' quality, but I can't tell the differences between two different types of good quality, if that makes any sense.
That's why I am not an audiophile, I bet. heheh

I do remember in the 50's when stereo was first becoming popular, it was really similar to the first (3D rendered) video we saw on MTV, as in Dire Straits song, "Money for Nothing". The albums had bird sounds and crazy stuff like that, it was all very experimental. It was still very 'cool' to listen to though, especially as a kid.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:38 AM
link   

You really are right, there aren't really any audiophiles anymore

Hah! Try telling that to the audio equipment companies that are selling more high end equipment than ever before. Or the thousands of folk that are scouring the country side for that vintage equipment to restore and love or flip to eager buyers. Or the record fairs where buyers are hunting for their holy grail perfect record (pressed by Monarch if you please, not by Presswell!). Or the record stores where vinyl records, both new and used are outselling CDs again (and that is a world wide industry statistical fact). Analog is back with a vengence!

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a new $2000 turntable and probably a new $3000 amp - and that puts me solidly in the upper mid range. Above me are too big groups: the high end, and the stupidly high end. And there are LOTS of equipment makers scrambling to serve every price bracket from under $100 (do NOT buy a Crosley unless you want to turn your record into expensive, but worthless, placemats.) to over $100k for just a turntable.

Sure there are download/streaming services that are very popular- and they have their place despite the pernicious compression (but not in a room where you want to actually enjoy the music. In a car, or walking around, then fine) - but analog rules and there is even science to back that up.

This article is fairly long, but well worth it if you are at all interested in music (and I tried, but failed, to extract some snippits that summed it up). The best I could do is to point out that the key appears to be a concept known as 'microtime'. Please take the time to read it.

How Science Got Sound Wrong

edit on 18/12/2019 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

edit on 18/12/2019 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Original lyric was “in the garden of Eden” but words were slurred and the result kept.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

From Wikipedia:

According to drummer Ron Bushy, organist-vocalist Doug Ingle wrote the song one evening while drinking an entire gallon of Red Mountain wine. When the inebriated Ingle then played the song for Bushy, who wrote down the lyrics for him, he was slurring his words so badly that what was supposed to be "in the Garden of Eden" was interpreted by Bushy as "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida"

And they just kept it that way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join