It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exorcists Condemn Children’s Book on Summoning Demons

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   
If you're the type that doesn't believe in demonic entities and the power of spiritual energies, then why would you want kids reading such material that suggests they can summon up and use such alleged useless hogwash to deal with any real-life issues?

If you're letting your kids read about satanism and his demons then will you let them also read about God and His Angels? If not, why not?

Don't be tricked into planting satanic/demonic seeds in your childrens' minds. If you don't believe in such stuff that's an excellent reason not to let your kids read the book. If you do believe in such stuff, that is also a good reason not to let them read it.

But don't be tricked/deceived into buying it in defiance of some pretend 'censorship' threat. It won't mean you're weak and oppressed if you don't buy it lol. It is a good way to boost sales though.

It's also a good way for Satanists to get spiritually-unaware parents to give influential demonic material to kids - simply tell the adults/parents their kids can't have it.

Believers and non-believers alike, there is no sense nor reason in giving kids this book. None.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Irwin M Fletcher, is there an Irwin M Fletcher

I doubt demons would bring nice dreams so maybe avoid for nightmares but I douubt they are real myself

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

One of my favorite demons to summon is Maxwell's demon.

en.wikipedia.org...

Some people thought they had some pictures of me with Caddy, so I kind of did park there for a while.
It was that or quarantine in the desert with the lizards.

How many of us could survive the psychological consequences of summoning a demon to actually see the second coming of Christ?

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

The argument that Demons are real or not is a moot point.

The sheer act of going through the summoning process has long been associated with acts of evil.

It does not matter that demons are a figment of the imagination, by being willing to surrender ones self to them in any case is one of the darker attributes of the human psyche.

I think the concept of this book is to make children comfortable with preforming such acts, making acting from the darker places of the human mind seem natural and "OK".

It is as much indoctrination as many of the LGBT/Transgender children's books on the market, Drag Queen story time, "how to touch yourself instructionals for children under 9" and the likes, trying to influence children, rather than simply make them aware "as many of these groups claim".

The reality of demons is irrelevant, because it's about taking down the line between good and evil and making questionable acts seem appealing.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Ironclad1964

What if the summoning act is to save 2 drowning kittens and buy a jacket for a homeless man?

That's what you need to do to summon Beezakorth, Greater Bloodletter of Generosity.

He distributes food aid in the Sudan.
edit on -060010am12kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Great. I ordered two. I hate censorship.

But not the corruption of innocence.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 02:29 AM
link   
How is this any different than religious indoctrination that is taking place in schools and kinder gartens all over the world and brain washes young brains which are like a sponge?

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: FearTheSlit

I can think of few things more corrupting than introducing someone to a belief system where the punishment for not obeying the celestial tyrant and his followers on Earth (who always want your money for some reason) is eternal, everlasting torture.

At least Kim Jong-un just has you shot.

posted on Dec, 20 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Wait... you can summon demons that will do housework.

I am ordering one now.

I will just invest in air freshener for the sulfur smell.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Great. I ordered two. I hate censorship.

You're also an adult. I think you missed the point here.

How many copies did you buy of pedophile fantasy fiction in order to show support for your anti-censorship principles? Oh, it only applies to CERTAIN censorship huh? So, you decide where to draw the line for yourself? Kinda like parents, and to a lesser extent, a community, decides where to draw the line for their own children? Interesting concept.

Also I don't believe you that you ordered any, let alone two. It cost nothing for you to say that, and make your point and I think you cared more about saying "haHA!" in someone's face than you actually care about this stupid book.

Furthermore, youre really tilting at windmills here. OP didn't say this book should be illegal.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

We just need to get the Muslims and Jews up in arms about the book, then a bunch of people will care suddenly.

But if its only perceived as a cheap stab at Christians, you'll get hearty laughter and lofty declarations about the evils of censorship...

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

I can think of few things more corrupting than introducing someone to a belief system where the punishment for not obeying the celestial tyrant and his followers on Earth (who always want your money for some reason) is eternal, everlasting torture.

How about the belief system that says you can just summon a demon if you don't feel like cleaning your room.

The demon may not actually clean your room, but, it WILL make you suicidal to the point you get taken away from your home by CPS and placed in a facility where they have staff that cleans up. *voila!* Problem solved! Or maybe it will make your mom a drug addict so she doesnt give a damn about a clean room.

I guess we'll have to buy the book to find out! *so exicted!*

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 02:48 AM
link   
If evil doesn't exist, we'd never kill strangers for no reason in wars, but we do kill people for nothing, and those who create these wars are truly evil, in every way possible.

Since evil people exist, then evil spirits must also exist, too.

And it's not something to play around with, either.

My brother had a friend and played with a Ouija board, and it picked on his friend, saying his feet stunk. He told the Ouija to f off. About a week later, rare brain disease hit him, and he's never been the same person since then.

Perhaps it was all a coincidence, but why risk it, for no reason? I don't know what is out there, or not, so I just think it best to not go there. It's better to stay away from things unknown, especially when they are evil in nature.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

If that's it was no coincidencr then it's not a doctor he needs it's an exorcist or to learn how to protect and cleanse himself from negative energies.

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

When I hear of ways to gain from doing magick I always think of the short story "the monkeys claw"
And the old adage 'be careful what you wish for'

posted on Dec, 21 2019 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
a reply to: turbonium1

If that's it was no coincidencr then it's not a doctor he needs it's an exorcist or to learn how to protect and cleanse himself from negative energies.

He's well beyond that point, sad to say. Maybe it could have helped him years ago, but not now. He's a vegetable, tragically.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Demons know they don’t exist unless people believe in them. That’s why they gotta start with the younger folks creating egregores (thought forms). They are getting bored with the same old believers and need some fresh meat .

Ps. doesn’t anyone know how to spell their
anymore. homonyms like there their and lose loose are demons that defeat spell checkers.
A little education goes a long way.
edit on 22-12-2019 by davido because: misspend something lol

edit on 22-12-2019 by davido because: Misspelled Something. autocorrect is the other way demons manifest

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: davido

Most people probably do they just make mistakes and don't correct, maybe because they think people will know what they mean. It's no big deal.
I make mistakes all the time and sometimes I correct other times I don't.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I agree. learning from them is what counts. sometimes I wonder if calculators and spell checkers aren’t impacting our communication skills. I’m normally not anal, but it sure gets tiresome on the eyes, when trying to absorb what you can from a wordy thread.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

originally posted by: Ohanka

How about the belief system that says you can just summon a demon if you don't feel like cleaning your room.

The demon may not actually clean your room, but, it WILL make you suicidal to the point you get taken away from your home by CPS and placed in a facility where they have staff that cleans up. *voila!* Problem solved! Or maybe it will make your mom a drug addict so she doesnt give a damn about a clean room.

I guess we'll have to buy the book to find out! *so exicted!*

All kids go through a suicidal depression stage. It's called adolescence. Best to get it out of the way early.

In case you can't tell that is a joke, and this is a children's book that cannot actually summon demons. Maybe people can summon demons but not with this book that's for sure. I believe something like demons may exist but not in the judeo-christian-islamic sense. I imagine the summoning techniques are little games or whatever that, shockingly, do not actually summon demons.

I think you are all overreacting over what is a work of fiction intended for children. The book isn't telling them to lay out an inverted pentagram of dead rats, light some candles and sacrifice the family dog to the Fallen Temple of MegaSatan

Children's horror has been very popular in the world of literature for decades. This is no different.

Like I said earlier wish I had this book as a child. Seems cool. Always had an interest in this subject and things around it even when little, and no I have never once summoned a demon in my childhood, teenage years or adulthood, nor do I plan to really.

My favourite author growing up was Darren Shan. Publisher of such titles as "Killers in the Night" "Trials of Death" "Hells Heroes" and my personal favourite "Tunnels of Blood". All about demons, vampires and other such occultism, and I most certainly did not grow up to worship Baphomet.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join