It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And So It Begins In New York State...Illegals Lining Up For Driver’s Licenses

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Well, it started here in my state.

Yesterday was the first day that undocumented immigrants could apply for New York driver's licenses and some lines wrapped around city blocks.

From "The Hill" Twitter feed:

Lines to apply for New York driver's licenses go as far as around the block on the first day undocumented immigrants can apply for them

At least there were a few County Clerks in New York, including in my city of Rochester, who fought this bill, because it rewards people who don't follow our laws.

Another thing to consider:

The States with the highest concentrations of illegal aliens not-coincidentally have the highest percentage of drivers who drive without insurance, and this sort of policy will only encourage even more to drive, exacerbating that problem.

bongino.com... cg4U

Isn't ironic that our government allows ICE to roundup illegals in this country, while certain states show them the red carpet?

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I watched Lou Dobbs last nite that said DHS isn't allowed to use the data when pursuing crimes commited by wait for it.

Illegal immigrants getting state issued ID.

Fast Forward to the 11:28 mark
edit on 17-12-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I knew some illegal aliens years ago who would just rip off someone's plates and drive around without insurance on their vehicle. I can't say if it is still going on, that was down in Sheboygan Wisconsin back in the early eighties.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Couldn't DHS just go to the location and begin arresting those in line that do not have valid citizenship papers (i.e. illegal aliens)? Then process them as such through the normal means without the NYC or state stopping them? It would be on public property, and would not require any state employee assistance in the matter.

Hmmmm...

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

LMAO...like a Lib judge would allow that to happen.

Remain in Mexico: migrant allowed into United States thanks to bond order from immigration judge

www.sandiegouniontribune.com... order-from-immigration-judge

ICE: Illegal immigrant released from jail in Colorado under "sanctuary" law just murdered someone

www.lawenforcementtoday.com...

ICE: Illegal immigrant released under "sanctuary" laws murdered teen girl

www.lawenforcementtoday.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Couldn't DHS just go to the location and begin arresting those in line that do not have valid citizenship papers (i.e. illegal aliens)? Then process them as such through the normal means without the NYC or state stopping them? It would be on public property, and would not require any state employee assistance in the matter.

Hmmmm...

Obviously this is a “legitimate” operation by the criminally insane Leftist state of New York to give criminals free sh!t but if I was a criminal illegal, I would be worried about that happening.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I experienced a crap load of red tape and BS here in Florida when they changed the rules for renewing your driver's license. The name on my birth certificate didn't match the name that had been on my Florida driver's license for over 30 years, and it is the same name that is on my DD Form 214.

Even though my name had not changed since my marriage in 1970. I didn't change it back after my marriage was annulled in 1972. I didn't want to go through the hassle so I kept my married name. All was fine until 2018, and though they had mountains of proof that I was legit, including having been employed by the State for years, They still treated me like a visitor from the planet Ork.

Next time I will just tell them that I am an undocumented immigrant.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
A dirty secret is a high percentage of DUIs and hit / run incidents are illegal aliens.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

It's okay though, they let them go so they can come back and do it again.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

It's BS that the government can't go there and arrest these illegals. Who says it can't be ordered? I don't care about a judge in NYC, there are people higher up than him.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
A dirty secret is a high percentage of DUIs and hit / run incidents are illegal aliens.

Are you implying that these folks may not have any regard for the rule of law?

Shocking.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

They can arrest but they are usually just let go. ICE has tried this numerous times.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I agree 100% with you, but this would never happen while the illegals are "on the red carpet." Sanctuary states that kiss these people's butts, will do everything to protect them from ICE.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
First, I am against it.

Second, channel 8....really??? 10 is way better!

Third, it really is a way to get more votes. Cuomo sux.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Here in CNY, a drunk illegal killed a 54 yo farmer about 3 miles from here. Our "great" governor signed a no cash bail bill. He will be let out of jail Jan 1....bets on if he showsupforcourt?

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

No dirty secret to me, it's happened to three of my family members in San Antonio.

My cousin was stabbed to death by an illegal in the late 80's. Harmless crime my ass.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Could this be considered buying votes? Hey get a license to drink so we keep voting for the people giving us free stuff and treating us better than their own citizens.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: artnut

No dirty secret to me, it's happened to three of my family members in San Antonio.

My cousin was stabbed to death by an illegal in the late 80's. Harmless crime my ass.

It is only a secret to leftist who can't connect dots. It has been well known for years by anyone who looks at data / demographics. The problem is leftist generally only look a surface level information.

This article shows how Elizabeth Warren is decrying "traffic violence" but fails to connect the dots to illegal aliens.

Illegal Alien DUI Epidemic

According to a May 2006 NHTSA report, 42 percent of all Latino drivers fatally injured in car accidents had a blood alcohol content (BAC) level over 0.08 g/dL, as compared to just 29 percent of white drivers and 31 percent of black drivers. One 2016 study (Romano et al.) found, “Compared with permanent residents, undocumented drivers are more likely to binge drink, less likely to understand DUI laws, and less likely to perceive the risks associated with DUI – three factors largely associated with high DUI rates.”

If Elizabeth Warren had her way, every illegal alien would have a license, and even more of those who don’t would not fear driving and getting deported. Can you imagine how many more DUI fatalities would occur under her laws?

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Hmmmm...

Additional thought for the DHS, could they institute a "bounty" program where someone can report an illegals location and be rewarded if they are indeed found and picked up for processing? I mean, it is done for other criminals that are wanted, and bounty hunters make a good living bringing these criminals in for legal processing.

PS: For anyone considering labeling me a "racist" or whatever, I frankly do not give a furry rats backside where that illegal alien came from at all, or what they look like. The fact that they are here against FEDERAL immigration law is all that is concerning to me.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
So Illegal immigrants are getting these ID's, but we can't have voter ID laws because getting an ID is hard for some people, supposedly..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join