It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The progressive-left has ruined Christmas music

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
But seriously, who made the yuletide gay?

Is it in the water?

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: valiant
a reply to: LSU2018

It's OK I have plenty of socks.

You can never have too many socks.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: valiant
a reply to: DBCowboy

I can't remember appointing you, but thanks, I don't!

I #ing hate Christmas!

Santa's passing your house up this year.

Well...to be truthful...I hope ole Saint Nick brings me a sleigh load of coal for Christmas...

Cause this heating the crib with kerosene...is damned expensive...

YouSir

All I really need are two 2x12x8 cedar boards so I can build my mantle. Maybe a nail gun, too.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Apparently Christmas was so awesome they had to ban it;

"a popish festival with no biblical justification", and a time of wasteful and immoral behaviour"

Sign me up.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

No no no, I said nothing PAST the 70's. I love everything before then, lol.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: LSU2018
just like the ones I used to know....

dont get started on the poundmetoo its cold outside song

May your days be merry and bright... And all your Christmases, be WAIT!!! WHAT???

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

I now can't turn on the radio to listen to "holiday music" anymore unless I go to a Christian station

You almost answered your own question. Diversity. If you can go to the christian channel and hear the classic Christmas songs, then why would other radio stations want to have the same play list? You have the venue (christian station) to hear what you want to hear; likewise, other stations provide the venue for non-traditional holiday music that suits other people's tastes. If all the radios stations are to play the same music, then why have more than one radio station? And if we are to only have one station, then what is wrong with tuning your radio to the christian station and breaking off the dial so that it can never be changed?

I almost feel like this OP is a parody and not serious.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Sorry I misread.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

You should start a thread about best or most memorable Christmas experiences. We could probably drift this thread 10 miles in another direction... I have a few I'd like to share.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

honestly with today's ways of listening to music when was the last time you listened to the radio? I play my own music playlists anytime, anywhere, off grid or on.. This is a silly cry, I'm sorry to say and haven't listened to the radio in a few years.. I play what I want, when I want and nothing can stop that.. This is a total butt hurt story.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

No not really. They ruin everything they touch. That's why the US and UK and Germany have been shutting them down at elections. It'll be even worse for the left in 2020.

When you see how destructive your policies are and how obsolete your platform is, you'll start to understand. Until then, keep trying to impeach a man simply because you hate him, and keep on with the psychological projecting.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Christmas music ruined itself. it all sucks, and we get overdosed with it.

Ill tell you what though....the "left" and "right" complaining about each other is ruining life for me in general. Jesus.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Sorry I misread.

I understand. I gave you a Christmas star for your honesty.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Yup. Liberals, victimizing you since: forever. It must be horrible to live as a victim and not be able to enjoy your music.

edit on 17-12-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

hmm 2 stars when you immediately post that's kinda fishy in itself to be honest.. not even 2 seconds after. unless people are refreshing to see your response I deem you unfit for service.. let me sing you a song here.. nah I can't sing.. lol

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Ill tell you what though....the "left" and "right" complaining about each other is ruining life for me in general. Jesus.

I can't tell you how many time's I've bowed out of current events all together. I've contemplated doing it recently.

At the end of the day, as cheesy, and pathetic as this may come off as... I really think it's the bare minimum of my civic duties to attempt to be informed and vote. I know it probably doesn't do much, but I want to at least make an effort at the least I can do.

Also, if you're looking for a refreshing outlet that kind of skips all the partisan BS... The Useful Idiots podcast has skyrocketed to my favorite analysis of current events. The two hosts both lean left from what I gather, one more than the other... But they really do more than anyone else I've seen or heard to strive to be honest and factual. Matt goes out of his way to flip the Russia gate narrative on it's head until there is cold hard evidence.

I've probably listened to 15 hours of it in the last week and loved every minute (each episode starts off corny, but it's grown on me, they really try to be light hearted when they can, and serious when they should be).

Glad to see someone else agree too much Christmas music is just that, too much.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlbBlack

hmm 2 stars when you immediately post that's kinda fishy in itself to be honest.. not even 2 seconds after. unless people are refreshing to see your response I deem you unfit for service.. let me sing you a song here.. nah I can't sing.. lol

One was from me, BFFT hasn't been posting as much recently, so if I see his name on last comment on a thread, I always check out his post.

He's one of the few that gets a star from me more times than not.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
If you can go to the christian channel and hear the classic Christmas songs, then why would other radio stations want to have the same play list?

Because it's hard to play the victim without victimizing yourself first. Pretty soon we'll get some whiney thread about how the guy down the street is selling 'holiday trees' or some other inconsequential nonsense.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
One was from me, BFFT hasn't been posting as much recently, so if I see his name on last comment on a thread, I always check out his post.

He's one of the few that gets a star from me more times than not.

^ This.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Not necessarily. Since 1998 or so, I only like it for about an hour or two on Christmas day and have been able to avoid it anytime I want to. This is the first time in 20 or 21 years that I've actually listened to it before Christmas. I wouldn't agree that progs ruined it, though democrats have whined about nativity scenes and all that which took its toll, but trying to take it away made people appreciate the nativity scenes, etc a lot more and now I see more than I did before it was cool to cry over how offensive they were.

Music in general sucks these days, just like Hollywood. These people have no originality and they ruin songs and movies that they remake.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join