It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The progressive-left has ruined Christmas music

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
As a spokesman for Batman, this time of year I would like to point out AGAIN, that he does not smell.

Thank you.

Rubbish.

Bat guano. If you hang out in a cave full of 'em, it just rains down.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
I guess I'm just part of the club, for some there is too much Christ overtones, for many not enough, some are offended, and I just dislike repetitive music.

Unless every single word in the lyrics is Christ than their isn't enough Christ in that song for me.

I long for the days when I wasn't a geezer and we sang Deck the Halls with Christ and Jesus the Red Nosed Messiah while we went door to door hoping to get shiny new pennies for our efforts.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Heh...Christmas was outlawed at one point in history. Outlawed by the Catholic church even, by the Pope who pontificated it had become a drunken orgy.

Soooooo.....let's get back to our roots and have songs about drunken orgies instead!

How about this one...The 12 Days of Sin

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

Sure, at least the "12 Days of Excess and Orgies" would be half honest
but we need to add "Enrich corporate owners day"
or "Go broke day"

I'm all for being totally honest about what Christmas has become due to the PC, can't mention anything religious in public sentiment.

Call it "Saturnalia" again, I'm fine with that. Saturnalia was celebrated with orgies, gift giving, excess in every way. That's at the very least honest about what the progressive/left has done to the Christmas US citizens have celebrated for generations and hundreds of years. Stinky old fashioned US traditions, oppressive, repressive hundreds of years old traditions - throw them all out, out I say. Restore Saturnalia!

edit on 12/17/19 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies
We are forced to listen to this crap that passes for Christmas music.

It must be awful! You've been martyred harder than Saints Peter, Steven and Lawrence. I cannot imagine the horror you've experienced because of this.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I long for the days when I wasn't a geezer and we sang Deck the Halls with Christ and Jesus the Red Nosed Messiah

Now that's hilarious.

If you came out with a song called Deck the Halls with Christ... People would be flipping out we were hanging images up of him on nails.

In fact, let's make that song, get it to be a hit, and then invest in 3M. We could start a counter campaign right after that it's more appropriate to use 3M ™ adhesive hooks. "Remember people, this time of year, out of consideration, make sure you use 3M ™ adhesive hooks. Also, it makes for quick and residue free cleanup..... 3M ™ , Christ approved mounting".

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Jesus the Red Nosed Messiah

When you can turn water into wine on a whim it's bound to happen.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I already trademarked the wine brand 'Sangue di Christo'. It's going to be marketed towards little Christian boys and girls who have to deal with their grouchy grandparents lamenting some mystical time in the past where people didn't have to listen to contemporary Christmas music.

I'm also working on 'Jesus snow' as a companion gift, still waiting on FDA approval.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

We are forced to listen to this crap that passes for Christmas music.

It must be awful! You've been martyred harder than Saints Peter, Steven and Lawrence. I cannot imagine the horror you've experienced because of this.

I know, martyrdom is so awful.

I am oppressed by the Chipmunks and Taylor Swift,

Honestly, can't you say that that generic crap played ad infinitum in public, and the limited amount of generic crap isn't torture everywhere you go?

My favorite is Mannheim Steamroller type music, no offensive lyrics, just really good and well written oppressive/repressive/nasty traditional Christmas carols and music. But even that is verboten by the PC crowd in case someone recognizes the oppressive/repressive nasty religious lyrics.

Must not offend, must not offend, is today's mantra courtesy of the PC crowd - only offend those you consider oppressors and privileged. Then hand over your credit cards to the elite money grubbers to celebrate, well basically, nothing if you are PC, just a "holiday".

Yep I am so martyred.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
When you can turn water into wine on a whim it's bound to happen.

He also has breath like my cat.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I'm also working on 'Jesus snow' as a companion gift, still waiting on FDA approval.

Might want to get that approved by the DEA too.

Just remind them of the old proverb when Jesus turned sugar into...
edit on 17-12-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
well I guess we know who gets the crappy presents around here
sheesh

I bet you are all on santas naughty list

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Honestly, can't you say that that generic crap played ad infinitum in public, and the limited amount of generic crap isn't torture everywhere you go?

Are you asking me if I go to say, Walmart, or a shopping mall this time of year? Nope. Not interested in dealing with the consumerist hoards.

When I am out and about traveling for work, which I do weekly, I do run into Christmas music at the airport or maybe the hotel, however it doesn't bother me. Mostly because I don't let petty things bother me such as, 'is there enough Jesus in this song?', as I have more important matters to worry about, like, 'did I pack enough socks?' Or, 'I wonder if they'll have bourbon or scotch in first class?'

Yep I am so martyred.

You are, you should change your name to Vic.

edit on 17-12-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I can't remember appointing you, but thanks, I don't!

I #ing hate Christmas!

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Ummm...applause...

And let me celebrate this CHRISTMAS season... by treating you all to my stunning rendition of...NOEL...

Or...maybe not...you see...I've a bit of a cold...and the vocal cords are a tad raspy...not to mention I can't seem to remember the third verse...

So...in closing I'll instead treat you all to...SILENT NIGHT...

All joking aside...I totally agree with your sentiment...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Obviously needs to get posted again:

Ummm...how astute of you...

1942...right there in the very heart of progressive reformation...

Delano...approves of this statement...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
As a spokesman for Batman, this time of year I would like to point out AGAIN, that he does not smell.

Thank you.

And not a word about Robin's egg? No respect! No nothing!

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Im on the fence with this one.. I get that a lot of non Christians, including myself, like christmas but it is a Christian holiday (stolen from druids). Plus i like silent night and i agree that the same stupid santa songs are getting annoying...

edit on 17-12-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Years ago, i worked at a seasonal toys r us stocking job, and you have no idea what pain is when you're forced to listen tothe same 15 kid's Christmas songs on loop every night.

I really hate the pop Christmas songs now..

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: valiant
a reply to: DBCowboy

I can't remember appointing you, but thanks, I don't!

I #ing hate Christmas!

Santa's passing your house up this year.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join