It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The progressive-left has ruined Christmas music

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Actually, the OP (if I read it correctly) was about playing only songs which don't invoke the Christ theme, not Christmas music in general; that when you remove the Christ theme there are only a limited number of songs left to play and these become very repetitive (and I agree). Hence my post. My post wasn't directed at the OP, but rather directed at all the people who feel compelled to bastardize Christmas into something else not to do with Christ.

edit on 12/17/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Change the radio station you listen to.
God you guys act like you have no choices but it really sounds like y'all want to control what everybody else listens to.

Silly, I'm a very busy person. I can't just check out of society for the months of November and December.

I don't like copious amounts of Christmas music. I'm stating my opinion, not proposing for laws against it.

I've defended open displays of Christmas, it's part of our culture. It's not like I have tried making laws against it like some political factions

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The progressive-left has ruined Christmas music

Commies never have like God very much.

Bah humbug on that lot and I hope they get lumps of coal.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Actually, the OP (if I read it correctly) was about playing only songs which don't invoke the Christ theme, not Christmas music in general; that when you remove the Christ theme there are only a limited number of songs left to play and these become very repetitive (and I agree). Hence my post. My post wasn't directed at the OP, but rather directed at all the people who feel compelled to bastardize Christmas into something else not to do with Christ.

That's fair, and you're right.

Christmas is inherently bastardized though going way back. It's a bastard child of social control by old governments by pandering to pagans, and assimilating them into the newly adopted Christian beliefs by whole countries.

That's part of history, it doesn't mean we can't still enjoy Christmas, and I don't think it takes away from the true meanings of it... But there's a long history of appropriation on secular and religious sides to make it more accessible.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

There is one thing you left out.
When you hear music in any business, the business must pay to use the music.
Maybe not your local auto mechanic, he has on a radio, but any bank or retail chain pays for the music rights. That's why you will see a satellite dish on many buildings...

The songs you mentioned are probably cheap.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
ask a Christian what does Christmas has to do with Christianity...watch their heads explode when you try to tell them the truth...

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
I'm not Christian but I celebrate Christmas. It's a nice holiday...

It's more fun to play the victim and whine that everyone's out to get you.

I've heard the Chipmunks Christmas song many times this year and we have two weeks to go.

I am a victim sir.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
My post wasn't directed at the OP, but rather directed at all the people who feel compelled to bastardize Christmas into something else not to do with Christ.

Blame Prince Albert (he of the museum and the painful piercing).

Interest for the Christmas holiday in the United States wasn't universal and it didn't begin to get broader appeal until roughly the 1820's. Once Queen Victoria was coronated and she married Albert he brought the German traditions along with him and it took off from their. First in Britain and then, because Americans loved all things Victoriana, here in the United States.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Oh yeah

and christmas is not the only holiday celebrated at this time of year and not everybody is christian.

So....

So rename it instead of generic the winter holiday. That's what I suggested

I do like "Give Your Money To The Elite Rich Day" one of my favorites

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I've heard the Chipmunks Christmas song many times this year and we have two weeks to go.

I am a victim sir.

That's all the Liberals fault, they make you a helpless wimp unable to change the station or patronize a different business.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Change the radio station you listen to.
God you guys act like you have no choices but it really sounds like y'all want to control what everybody else listens to.

I love that song Last Christmas.
I love Merry Christmas Darling from Karen Carpenter

I look forward every year to all these songs.

Y'all sound like a bunch of party poopers to me.

Can't get away from it, unless you stay home and never go in any store ever after Halloween.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
As a spokesman for Batman, this time of year I would like to point out AGAIN, that he does not smell.

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Progressives always ruin everything, I think they feel like it's their job. If it makes you happy and you're not like them, they want to take it away. That's why nobody likes them.

Down here, I get old traditional Christmas music all day though. But if you're up north or on the coasts, you might as well be in another country. If you're in one of their major cities, you might as well be in a third world country.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

You do realize that the progressive left aren't capitalists?

Those who make money from pop music are a prime example of capitalists and therefore they must be other than progressive leftists.

Also Saturnalia occurred on the 17th of December and was not the source for the December 25th Christmas as, even when it was extended, it ended on the 23rd.

The December 25th date for Christmas was calculated as 9 months from the time that the Angel told Mary that she was bearing the Christ. We know this timing because of the coincident appearance of the angel to Zacharias who went into the Holy of Holies in the Jerusalem Temple as High Priest. Something that occurred only once annually and always on the same date in the Jewish calendar (which is lunar, as opposed to our current calendar which is based upon the Roman solar calendar).

The Druids adopted the Christian date of December 25th for their Nollig festival. It is unknown if there was a Druidic festival on the 25th prior to Christianity but they definitely didn't adopt the Roman Saturnalia, despite the mixed up syncretistic mumbo jumbo that is on the Internet from a number of 'Occultic' sources.

Christmas is Jesus' birthday party. I don't care if non-Christians celebrate it. It's a chance to tell people why it is worth celebrating, because of what Jesus did for all of us.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Heh...Christmas was outlawed at one point in history. Outlawed by the Catholic church even, by the Pope who pontificated it had become a drunken orgy.

Soooooo.....let's get back to our roots and have songs about drunken orgies instead!

How about this one...The 12 Days of Sin

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I am a victim sir.

That's all the Liberals fault, they make you a helpless wimp unable to change the station or patronize a different business.

Eh, it is what it is. It's part of life, one of the many parts I can't really change, but I just get to bitch about it.

I like Christmas, but the playing of Christmas music everywhere I go irritates me. I'll get over it.

I guess I'm just part of the club, for some there is too much Christ overtones, for many not enough, some are offended, and I just dislike repetitive music.

I love music, but too much of a good thing can ruin it. Red Hot Chili Peppers is forever ruined for me because I had to listen to one of their albums two times through while getting an MRI. It's like Chinese water torture to me now.

link   

I've gotten to the point that I don't even have Christmas music on the radio because of all the repeats of the same songs.
I'll find a YouTube playlist and use that.

But I totally understand what you are saying.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
As a spokesman for Batman, this time of year I would like to point out AGAIN, that he does not smell.

Thank you.

But Robin did lay and egg.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You had me at Pope virtue signalling sexual morality.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I am a victim sir.

Sorry there isn't a business out there that doesn't play the worst "holiday music" ever written because the traditional and classical music we listened to for generations isn't PC anymore.

So we are stuck with the chipmunks, Taylor Swift, and ancient multiple versions of here comes Santa Clause.

To those who say don't go to businesses who play this wretched pablum, there isn't one. So that would mean no grocery shopping, no shopping, don't go anywhere in public.

We are forced to listen to this crap that passes for Christmas music. I would even think Saturanlia tunes would be an improvement over Swift and the Chipmunks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join