It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The progressive-left has ruined Christmas music

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I don't know what brain dead stores the OP goes to, or if it's a brain dead regional thing, but I've yet to hear anything BUT a wide variety of Christmas songs at stores where I am. And on the radio. Maybe mix up the brick and mortar stops, or change the damn radio channel, OP. Oldies stations are great for changing the tunes up, quitcherbitchin and just try it.

As an aside, I'm partial to Carol of The Bells myself.
Any rendition.
All renditions.
All the time.

Everything else can DIAF for all I care, Carol of The Bells is THE Christmas anthem. My kids seem to be under the delusion that Sleigh Ride is the anthem, but what do those underage schmucks know.
edit on 12/17/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I'm down with Carol of the Bells.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Nyiah

I'm down with Carol of the Bells.

It's the only Christmas song out there that can be a true emotion chameleon. It can be a soothing lullaby to calm you, or a power song to get the heart pumping and smiles going, or it can be utterly ethereal & provoke a spiritual feeling, etc.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I am here to show the latest progressive-leftist Christmas Carol disaster. . .

Silver Bowels. . .

. . . . . Silver Bowels. . . .

. . . . . . . . . It's Christmas time. . . . . in the sh#tty. . . . . .

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Double tap
edit on 17-12-2019 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Pfft, you're just looking for any ol' reason to post the video.

And I'm looking for any ol' reason to be 12 again and listen to it and laugh. Thanks for spreading the Christmas cheer!

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

And I'm looking for any ol' reason to be 12 again and listen to it and laugh. Thanks for spreading the Christmas cheer!

It's a fart video and my inner child still giggles.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's a fart video and my inner child still giggles.

You have whoopie cushions and a fart-in-a-jar stash, don't you?

It's ok, my brothers and I did, too. Even as adults. My older brother mastered the art of manipulating the fart-in-a-jar putty and making an entire at-home stand-up routine based off of nothing but farts. He even triggered a severe asthma attack in one of his friends, everybody was laughing that hard. True talent, man, true talent.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thank you!!

May I be excused?

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Thanks for spreading the Christmas cheer!

He spread something alright, but it wasn't Christmas cheer coming out.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Christians, or their values and traditions don’t enjoy the same protections that other religions might across the political spectrum. Christians are viewed as the oppressors and the patriarchy and whiteness by many therefore are the target of choice. Im paraphrasing here “my nation is not a Christian nation” is the viewpoint. While 25 years ago the public all enjoyed Christmas and understood it was a religious holiday that had an American tradition that’s been replaced with “amazon prime day”.
To be fair, nobody is stopping you from enjoying those songs at home or on your iPhone 11 Pro.

It’s a brave new world.

a reply to: The2Billies

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I don't know what brain dead stores the OP goes to, or if it's a brain dead regional thing...

The Original Poster claims to reside in a mid-size very conservative city of unknown location where they've even solved homelessness via conservatism (this is obviously bull****).

But let's assume it's true. Those people are the biggest friggin panty waists ever since they let the sissy ass liberals put on whatever music they want instead of pumping hardcore Jesus tracks for their shopping pleasure.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
Christians, or their values and traditions don’t enjoy the same protections that other religions might across the political spectrum.

You poor martyr. I had no idea the Constitution wasn't covering you anymore.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

More like 20 years ago, no thought they suffered irreparable emotional harm if someone accidentally slipped a version of a traditional carol into the rotation. They simply looked forward to the version of "Jingle Bell Rock" they knew was coming next and went on with life.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Im not Christian don’t project on me. Tell me I’m wrong or stop insulting. It’s true that it’s OK in American culture to hate on Christians, they are viewed as the patriarchy, old and white. All sins in your eyes.

Have some egg nog and chill out, it’s the holidays. a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
Tell me I’m wrong or stop insulting.

You're wrong. Only butthurt marys think that.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Really? You seem to prove me right simply by commenting ho ho ho! a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
They are so jealous of the holiday the music, the lights, it's too beautiful for them it hurts

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Capitalism has ruined Christmas music.

Some places start playing it after Halloween, and honestly, I believe it's to drive up sales. Get consumers thinking it's time to start buying gifts.

Christmas music should be for Christmas parties.... Hearing it for over a month on the radio, in establishments, and at parties is just far too much for many (me, it's far too much for me, and I'm being selfish).
So only people who
Are going to parties get to hear it? St Louis had an amazing classical Christmas radio station that played the most wonderful classical stuff. Classical
Is the way to go and then Yourube cause you can get music and a fake fireplace at once ☺️

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

They still play all the good stuff on the radio here in tenneessee.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join