It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The progressive-left has ruined Christmas music

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

And for Heaven's sake, don't demand the day off at work. Let someone who does celebrate it have that time.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
Yet it was...

Mysterious, Ooooh

Nah, it was the old school and much more fun version called Saturnalia. No guilt, no whining, just people having fun and not listening to Whitey Christmas.

Same difference. Christmas was always laid time until the SJWs stuck their oar in.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Same difference. Christmas was always laid time until the SJWs stuck their oar in.

Not really, the SJW's on this are the whiners complaining how other people are making them do things. I mean who is so pathetic they let other people tell them what to do and then they do it when they don't want to?

edit on 17-12-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

OP didn't say they weren't decent, but anything gets terrible if there are only a handful of decent alternatives and they get played 24/7. "Last Christmas I Gave You My Heart" heard a handful of times per week v. the same heard a handful of times every day and you tell me how quickly it stops being good.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Were the Puritans SJWs?

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Not in the way most people think.

link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Were the Puritans SJWs?

Had to be, they ****ing hated Christmas.

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Yet it was...

Mysterious, Ooooh

Nah, it was the old school and much more fun version called Saturnalia. No guilt, no whining, just people having fun and not listening to Whitey Christmas.

Eh, there are justice warriors on both sides of this debate... "wHy iSn'T muh MuHamEd bEiNg rEpresEntEd" "hOw cOmE wE DoN't HaVe mOrE jEsuS tAlkEd aBoUt iN tHeSe tWo wHolE mOnthS?"

The only person with a valid position is those who complain of too much repetitive music. That's justified, and with merit. (j/k)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They hated xmas too.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

But they would let betrothed couples sleep together.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Seriously!

If we opened the songbooks up, we'd stop hearing Feliz Navidad 10,000 times every year.

And OMG! "Blue Christmas" ... If I have to hear that gospel backup group one. more. time ....

edit on 17-12-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Yeah but like christmas is about getting so belligerent that you burn half the village down.

OR AT LEAST IT USE TO BE!

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I used to work for a major business music licensing company and I think this is a two-fold result.

One of the things I’ve noticed - just like in print media you have major record labels (Sound Recordings) and publishing houses (songwriter) that have gobbled up (and quashed) the competition.

Their main “artists” get royalties off each play - that is for the actual recording and the publishing.

If a business plays unlicensed music in order to create an ambient environment that generates revenue and they are not registered with ASCAP or BMI, they can face heavy fines. When you register your business, you get a soufflé of their registered artists (and no others) that you can legally play. The stations are programmed by a small team who answer to “the industry” or for better contracts, the retailer.

You have to consider how they would push certain lowest common denominator artists and edge out the lesser known/unregistered or even push the ones they themselves (labels/publishers) have the most favorable contracts with.

Just like everything else- it’s been dumbed down to appeal to the idiocracy. It happens all year long, but is probably more noticeable at Christmas because of how much we KNOW the classics. Also, a lot of these songs may be in public domain (zero dollars for the big 6) or contracts reside with small publishing houses or private individuals.

$$$Merry Chri$tmas$$

edit on 17-12-2019 by raedar because: Avian explosion? Lol corrected auto cirrect

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Damn 10 pages of arguing over music played for Jesus' birthday. I'm sure He'd be impressed.

link   

Mariah Carey is at the top of the charts 25 years in a row.

What is this, India?

link   

Can you please post something without cussing?

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Seriously!

If we opened the songbooks up, we'd stop hearing Feliz Navidad 10,000 times every year.

And OMG! "Blue Christmas" ... If I have to hear that gospel backup group one. more. time ....

Feliz Navidad

link   

Now you're just mixing your drunken sports hooliganism with your drunken holiday cheer. I think there's an old carol about ...

Wassail something or other.

link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Y'all give the Left and Progressives way too much credit. I didn't realize we killed caroling too! Wow, we are so swoll and woke.

Silent Night is one of the most beautiful Christmas songs ever and that's coming from a Progressive-Left-Millenial-Athiest

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
So basically I need to get on the xmas song gimmick.

I got an new song ready to go;

I'm dreaming of a whiteless Christmas
With every Christmas card I write
"May your days be merry and bright
And may all your Christmases be whiteless"

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join