It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is being manipulated? Greta or us....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

We have always been manipulated, and Greta is a person just like the rest of us.

As to trains, who the feck has not been forced to sit or stand, down to nae seats no less, even though we pay for them.

End of the day its all a dog and pony show, window dressing for the masses.

The Earth moves in Epochs, with or without Humanities contributions.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Honestly, did any of you actually read the whole article? It's only about ten paragraphs.

The train for which she had a first class ticket was cancelled and she had to take two other trains for a journey of more than four and a half hours, and where she didn't have a seat. The trains would be overcrowded because they were taking up the slack from the cancelled train.

Electric long distance trains are fairly efficient these days and are less damaging to the environment than internal combustion engine transport.

link   

Greta is nothing more than a celebrity endorsing a car commercial.
Read the script.....

link   
a reply to: gallop

I guess you've not heard her speak when she's unscripted... 

Don't be shy, present the evidence...

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Greta is nothing more than a celebrity endorsing a car commercial.
Read the script.....

I think she truly believes what's been taught to her.

I don't think she is looking for personal gain (monetarily) like a celebrity would with the publicity that comes with something like this.

To me, a more fair analogy would be if a child was taught with extremist religion, scaring them into living a certain way.

I think he real sickness is the media who propped her up. They know she's not an expert, yet they give her a platform to drive in an audience for their ratings. They create a situation where she becomes a controversial figure for much of the world. I don't think any kid should become a political football.

I'm all for telling kids they can do what they want, and encouraging them to reach for the stars. But I have a moral conflict when a child is pushed into the political arena.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: dfnj2015

a reply to: dfnj2015

It's truly amazing what smart people can do when they are well funded: 

Too bad greed and the power it commands rules this world.

The German Stellerator is the most complicated sophisticated machine ever created by man. It's truly a masterpiece of art!

Oh good so all the stories about the 4th riech probably have some merit.

Germany abandoned Nazism after the second world war and has had a policy of openly opposing the extreme right, for the last 68 years, because they saw the truth of it first-hand.

The Stellerator is a modern technology and is being developed in an anti-Nazi Germany.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Cool, I’m ready to switch. What do I put in my truck instead of gas?

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

when people lie about something so simple - one has to wonder what else they are lying about

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

We have always been manipulated, and Greta is a person just like the rest of us.
As to trains, who the feck has not been forced to sit or stand, down to nae seats no less, even though we pay for them.

Greta is a child or juvenile ..... in much of the world she is too young to drive

have sex, get married, vote or drink.

She had a reserved first class ticket, she didn't need to sit on the floor........

Another case of media exploitation like the boy on the hospital floor

edit on 17-12-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

I never gave a crap about what she said, whatever it was.

For someone who never heard her speak you sure have strong opinions about what she is saying!

For me it was enough to see who was supporting her and why.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Get an electric or hybrid vehicle.

In many European countries, governments give advantages like free parking and reduced transport taxes if you buy an electric or hybrid vehicle. They are actively pursuing the hydrogen economy and trying to get the gas guzzlers out of service.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I'm not being manipulated; Greta is full of Schiff, programmed by her mother and father who knew if they kept her looking like a 12 year old she'd be more effective (i.e. less vulnerable to attack).

For my part, Greta Thunberg is a textbook example of...child abuse!

I actually feel sorry for her. Once her gig runs out she'll fit into society like a square peg into a round hole. And for all those who disagree, Imagine if she showed up at your tenement looking to rent an apartment...would you rent to her??? Imagine if she showed up at your restaurant, wanting gnocchi, would you serve her? Imagine if she showed up at your pub, wanting double shots of cheap whiskey and a pack of lucky strikes, would you oblige? She'll be a ship with no safe harbor and a big storm approaching.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: andy06shake

Greta is a child or juvenile ..... in much of the world she is too young to drive

have sex, get married, or drink.

She had a reserved first class ticket, she didn't need to sit on the floor........

Another case of media exploitation like the boy on the hospital floor

You posted the link to the original article. You should read the whole article and then you'll know why she had to sit on the floor.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Maybe she gave her seat to an old person?

It's all about manipulation, from all sides, it just depends on who is shouting the loudest, and at any given moment.

As to the boy on the floor, that was poor management and a lack of hospital beds, hence the apology and admission of guilt by the NHS trust.

Did she not miss her train through and was forced to take another? Ticket or otherwise, there are no guarantees of a seat then, if they operate along similar lines to whatever BR has become.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: network dude

Get an electric or hybrid vehicle.

In many European countries, governments give advantages like free parking and reduced transport taxes if you buy an electric or hybrid vehicle. They are actively pursuing the hydrogen economy and trying to get the gas guzzlers out of service.

I'm not sold that that helps yet. Manufacturing a car creates as much C02 as driving it.

Then we have to look at what is the electricity generated from, the ramifications of lithium extraction and disposal, and how long those vehicles last compared to traditional.

Edit: Side note, I am however hopeful that we will one day develop renewable clean energy, with new batteries that aren't as expensive, toxic, or dangerous. Personally I think the benefits of countries having energy independence will be greater than perceived environmental threats. How many wars will be prevented if countries don't have to incorporate energy into their military objectives.
edit on 17-12-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   

She's a 16 year old kid who should be out riding her bike and enjoying life before she gets out on her own and starts feeling the stress of mortgage, car loans, utility bills, getting up for work every morning, etc. Instead, her parents have manipulated her young and impressionable mind to start feeling that stress from a very young age. It should be considered child abuse, especially since the very thing she thinks she's fighting for has never even been proven. But she fights anyways, because she doesn't know any better.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I'm not being manipulated; Greta is full of Schiff, programmed by her mother and father who knew if they kept her looking like a 12 year old she'd be more effective (i.e. less vulnerable to attack).

For my part, Greta Thunberg is a textbook example of...child abuse!

I actually feel sorry for her. Once her gig runs out she'll fit into society like a square peg into a round hole. And for all those who disagree, Imagine if she showed up at your tenement looking to rent an apartment...would you rent to her??? Imagine if she showed up at your restaurant, wanting gnocchi, would you serve her? Imagine if she showed up at your pub, wanting double shots of cheap whiskey and a pack of lucky strikes, would you oblige? She'll be a ship with no safe harbor and a big storm approaching.

I disagree.

She has a future in politics, or the media, is reasonably intelligent and expresses herself exceptionally.

From her response to Trump's attempt to cyber bully her on Twitter recently, she is clearly capable, clear thinking and savvy enough to deflect slander.

edit on 17/12/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop
Don't trains use a lot of electricity? Or some still use coal?

I mean, the rail system here has 25,000volt power lines.

I guess the train got it's electricity from all the solar panels in her head.

I'm glad she wasn't on a train rolling through the northern US - on a trek to fight global warming - around this time last year. They were setting the tracks on fire so the trains wouldn't slip off due to temps in the -60's.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Maybe she's not being manipulated at all and she is thinking for herself. And maybe the information she is talking about stands on its own.

Why do you think everyone is programmed by propaganda. Did it ever occur to you people are capable of drawing their own conclusions based on the evidence and their life experiences?

She's 16 years old. Just stop.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

Right...next You will tell us all your ideas are unique...

Yes. In fact, I like to think of myself as a post-modern version of the complete Renaissance Man.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join