It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is being manipulated? Greta or us....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
a reply to: dfnj2015

The simple fact that she has a million followers on social media refutes your claim that people think for themselves.

You do not have very good critical thinking skills. You are not expressing a fact but an opinion. And number of followers she has on social media is not an measurement of people thinking for themselves.

If you watched the youtube video of her you would understand why she is popular. She is a very good public speaker. People who follow her most likely agreed with her conclusions before they started following her.

The fact that all those people are using those social media platforms in the first place is proof that they don't think for themselves.

Again, you are expressing an opinion not a fact. Maybe you should take a college level philosophy class so you can learn the English language.

edit on 17-12-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: eletheia

a reply to: eletheia
Maybe she's not being manipulated at all and she is thinking for herself. And maybe the information she is talking about stands on its own.
Why do you think everyone is programmed by propaganda. Did it ever occur to you people are capable of drawing their own conclusions based on the evidence and their life experiences?

How much *life experience* can a 16 year old have?

But don't worry. The American's can let Big Oil control everything and be stuck in the last century. The Germans, Chinese, Indians, and Japanese are spending billions of dollars on alternative energy to replace fossil fuels. It's just a matter of time before the US becomes a third World country.

You would think if the leaders of Germany, Indiana, and Japan would freely share their billion dollar alternative energy research with one of their closest allies.... assuming they really did care about global climate change... in witch case its a great plan for the US to sit out this round ... the leaders of Germany, Indiana, and Japan do care about global climate change right?

It's truly amazing what smart people can do when they are well funded:

Physicists confirm the precision of magnetic fields in the most advanced stellarator in the world

"Results showed a remarkable fidelity to the design of the highly complex magnetic field. "To our knowledge," the authors write of the discrepancy of less than one part in 100,000, "this is an unprecedented accuracy, both in terms of the as-built engineering of a fusion device, as well as in the measurement of magnetic topology.""

It's truly saddens me the anti-Science attitude in the US. At some point the anti-Science anti-Education ideologies are going to take their tolls.

edit on 17-12-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Wow. I knew snippets of this, but not the whole story. Thank you for explaining her background. I hope something positive and productive comes from this for her. That she is able to somehow learn and grow from this experience despite everything. Sometimes the lessons we learn best are ones we learn by living. She's still young, so she has the best excuse in the world. (Unlike those adults exploiting her).

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Too bad greed and the power it commands rules this world.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
We're all being manipulated all of the time, we used to work together to try and push through the programming
edit on 17-12-2019 by wheresthebody because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The German Stellerator is the most complicated sophisticated machine ever created by man. It's truly a masterpiece of art!

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
Greta is an impressionable allegedly autistic 16yr old possibly with Aspergers' as well, who has been scared by her parents with stories of apocalyptic scenarios, who can now get the attention her parents couldn't. It should be noted that she is from a very wealthy family, both parents being activists and her grandfather. Her family is pretty disfunctional with her mother touring the globe as an opera singer and her father rarely there but doing the best he could. After being assaulted at school, she developed eating disorders so extreme that she will/would only eat 6 pieces of gnocchi cooked a certain way and would take up to 2hrs to eat it. This behaviour and others was to me simply a cry for help and a need to have her mother in her life. She needed mum in the house but mum was never there so at a vulnerable time in her life with raging puberty she decided to act out so that mum had to be there for her. Mother saw this as a perfect time and situation to further her own agenda, after all, who would attack a young disabled teenager? Anyone doing so is branded a bully anyone who doesn't believe "her" message is a climate denier and is killing children. If it were her parents doing what she is doing, it would be open day on criticising them but because she's a "child".....

She has been manipulated from day 1 from the very first "chance" meeting with her current PR guy Ingmar Rentzhog to the ridiculous Pippi Longstocking image. She is unstable and extremely emotional and this is being used to further the whole climate agenda and make mummy & daddy very happy. Grandfather the script writer naturally writes her speeches, the attention is doing wonders for mothers' new book. Its a family business

I wonder what she'll have to say in 10 or 20yrs as an adult when she sees the planet still thrives? Wonder how she will feel towards those that used her for their own ends?

Firstly where did you get this knowledge of her ?

Secondly based on this knowledge what qualifications do you have to psychoanalysize her behavior?

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Wow. I knew snippets of this, but not the whole story. Thank you for explaining her background. I hope something positive and productive comes from this for her. That she is able to somehow learn and grow from this experience despite everything. Sometimes the lessons we learn best are ones we learn by living. She's still young, so she has the best excuse in the world. (Unlike those adults exploiting her).

I don't understand how people have such strong opinions on Greta and they've never heard her actually speak:

I find her style of public speaking to be extremely effective in getting her point across. Although I am not ready to hold the opinion global warming will destroy all mankind, I think she makes the most out of her argument.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The German Stellerator is the most complicated sophisticated machine ever created by man. It's truly a masterpiece of art!

Oh good so all the stories about the 4th riech probably have some merit.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

4th reich is cancelled, we recently installed SAP.

Fun fact: Haribo nearly went into bankruptcy because of SAP. Haribo!

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Im kinda at a loss here, SAP ?

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Who is being manipulated? Greta or us....

All of the above.

Social engineers couldn't have found a better person to rile up the masses and become a wedge issue.

The fawning and seething of a kid is entertaining.
edit on 17-12-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   

You can argue that my claim is simply my opinion, and not fact, but I can cite a dozen studies proving that social media use does not, in fact, promote critical thinking. Why do you think they call them "followers"?

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   
As a father of two young ladies, I see Greta as a beautiful young kid. This photo reminds me of similar happy expressions my kids have made over the years.

I'm not criticizing the young lady... nor have I ever.

So in my opinion, I find the fervent political adulation of adults gross and creepy.

My oldest is only a year younger than Greta. I know EXACTLY what kind of environment that she would require to manifest a similar presence. I have a pretty good idea how much indoctrination and 'reeducation' Madison would need to show up this way.

Seeing adults project on to this teen girl is really disappointing. It's ugly and pathetically transparent.

I question if they possess the self-awareness to even recognize it.

She represents what they want to believe about themselves. I don't think most people even give a damn about her, this is about themselves. They wish they 'were her' when they were kids. ... attaching to Greta's manicured persona like leeches.

She expresses a rage that the 'intellectual' wish they could exercise (but would never admit to possessing).

It's delusional and embarrassing.

She is not responsible for your personal beliefs.
She is not responsible to live up to your projections.
She seems to be little more than a natural resource for egos to strip-mine.

How dare you...

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Is this some sort of knee jerk hit back after that rich fat old guy tried to cyber bully that teenager and was so stupid that they did so in a very public forum?

Also, if you read more than the headline, Greta's train, for which she had purchased her first class ticket was cancelled, so she had to take two other trains, which were the overcrowded ones where she had to sit on the floor. It wasn't until after Göttingen that she got her first class seat.

A train journey from Basel to Göttingen normally takes 4 hours and 32 minutes. I expect that if you have to change trains a few times, it takes somewhat longer.
edit on 17/12/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I can't hear her because I'm from the generation, where the ozone hole was beyond recovery and we all were subjected to ultra violet radiation that melted our ears off,

LOL she is an actor from her parents agenda

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Information readily available if you look hard enough
I'm not psychoanalysing her....it is again information & opinions that are available...but if I were analysing her I would agree with the analysis as a psychologist myself (retired)
This makes for interesting watching (narrated by a Swede btw) and gives various logical reasons as to why Greta is a manufactured pawn in the larger globalist agenda
www.bitchute.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   

You can argue that my claim is simply my opinion, and not fact, but I can cite a dozen studies proving that social media use does not, in fact, promote critical thinking. Why do you think they call them "followers"?

Right...next You will tell us all your ideas are unique...

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Maybe she's not being manipulated at all and she is thinking for herself. And maybe the information she is talking about stands on its own.
Why do you think everyone is programmed by propaganda. Did it ever occur to you people are capable of drawing their own conclusions based on the evidence and their life experiences?

How much *life experience* can a 16 year old have?

She's a pretty good speaker:

I guess you've not heard her speak when she's unscripted...

Just like that other little girl, who was banned from youtube, ostracised in the media and had death threats against her and her family, but she was right wing, so that's A-OK with the leftists - but she was scripted also.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
Information readily available if you look hard enough
I'm not psychoanalysing her....it is again information & opinions that are available...but if I were analysing her I would agree with the analysis as a psychologist myself (retired)
This makes for interesting watching (narrated by a Swede btw) and gives various logical reasons as to why Greta is a manufactured pawn in the larger globalist agenda
www.bitchute.com...

So instead of answering the question directly you subdiverert a half hearted explanation with no real substance while attempting a half hearted authority maneuver being a now retired psycologist. Okeydokey.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join