It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TIJUANA River basin! And unwanted fecal bypass.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I just copy and pasted this from my reply to a poster from another thread.

In all zealousness I'd like to introduce you to one of the major polluters of coastline off the very southwestern tip of America. I bring you... The TIJUANA River Basin. This epic beast is the literal starfish end of a metropolis that has the incapability to manage its sewer treatment system. Literally defecating on America, on American beach goers. On nature.

..Local residents holding signs that read “stop the poop” attended a rally Sunday morning...

The Tijuana river wiki

The Tijuana River drains an arid area along the U.S.—Mexico border, flowing through Mexico for most its course then crossing the border into Southern California for its lower 5 mi (8 km) to empty into the ocean in an estuary on the southern edge of San Diego. The Tijuana River has two main tributaries. One, the Arroyo de Alamar or Rio Alamar, runs in its upper reaches in the United States as Cottonwood Creek. It runs from its source in the Laguna Mountains southwestward where it is impounded by two dams, Barrett and Morena, to supply water to the city of San Diego. Cottonwood Creek is joined by the Tecate Creek before it enters Mexico where it is known as the Arroyo de Alamar from the point where it enters Mexico to its confluence with the larger tributary, the Arroyo de las Palmas, that forms the headwaters of the Tijuana River within the city. The Arroyo de las Palmas, the main tributary of the Tijuana River, flows out of the mountains to the east into the reservoir behind the Abelardo L. Rodríguez Dam. Downstream from the Rodríguez Dam, water flows through Tijuana in a concrete channel to the international border; there it continues west through the Tijuana River Valley for a distance of about nine miles to the estuary and then to the Pacific Ocean. Its lower reaches provide the last undeveloped coast wetlands in San Diego County amidst a highly urbanized environment at the southern city limits of Imperial Beach. The river has been the subject of great controversy in recent decades regarding pollution, flood control, and U.S. border protection.

As a San Diegan this is an issue of great concern for me. Both sides of the border point the blame yet nothing is done to remedy the issue, we don't need fingers pointed we need someone to help. We need real answers.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MConnalley

Other than helping the country to improve its infastrucure what do you think can be done about it ?

Regardless sounds like you guys have some #ty drinking water, I hope it's well filtered and chlorinated before it runs out of your taps.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Get your guns and go build a water treatment facility!
Either that, or continue to vote for people who don’t care?

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Have a Corona or Tecate or Dos xx or Modello. hen cho in me he co. The whole country is a sewer. Not a place to vacation or visit...! New Deli India is a close second runner-up for sewage and smell.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
Get your guns and go build a water treatment facility!
Either that, or continue to vote for people who don’t care?

Sounds so easy but here we have states fighting over water issues I can only imagine when countries are involved. Not to mention anything done on the US side will likely be subject to heavy environmental regulations rightfully so. Which all means something need to likely be done on the Mexican side, which ain't happening

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   
i have a solution, build a dam a huge one at the border and let that river flood downtown Tijuana maybe then they will realise the amount of pollution they are causing

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
i have a solution, build a dam a huge one at the border and let that river flood downtown Tijuana maybe then they will realise the amount of pollution they are causing

I think this is a good solution.
That river does cross into our country.

I don't think flooding an allies city should be done but a dam could slow the water enough for us to clean it. Then at least our citizens wouldn't be getting sick from it while we talk and work with mexico to help them fix this.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
But I thought calling places #holes wasn't nais.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MConnalley
I just copy and pasted this from my reply to a poster from another thread.

In all zealousness I'd like to introduce you to one of the major polluters of coastline off the very southwestern tip of America. I bring you... The TIJUANA River Basin. This epic beast is the literal starfish end of a metropolis that has the incapability to manage its sewer treatment system. Literally defecating on America, on American beach goers. On nature.

..Local residents holding signs that read “stop the poop” attended a rally Sunday morning...

The Tijuana river wiki

The Tijuana River drains an arid area along the U.S.—Mexico border, flowing through Mexico for most its course then crossing the border into Southern California for its lower 5 mi (8 km) to empty into the ocean in an estuary on the southern edge of San Diego. The Tijuana River has two main tributaries. One, the Arroyo de Alamar or Rio Alamar, runs in its upper reaches in the United States as Cottonwood Creek. It runs from its source in the Laguna Mountains southwestward where it is impounded by two dams, Barrett and Morena, to supply water to the city of San Diego. Cottonwood Creek is joined by the Tecate Creek before it enters Mexico where it is known as the Arroyo de Alamar from the point where it enters Mexico to its confluence with the larger tributary, the Arroyo de las Palmas, that forms the headwaters of the Tijuana River within the city. The Arroyo de las Palmas, the main tributary of the Tijuana River, flows out of the mountains to the east into the reservoir behind the Abelardo L. Rodríguez Dam. Downstream from the Rodríguez Dam, water flows through Tijuana in a concrete channel to the international border; there it continues west through the Tijuana River Valley for a distance of about nine miles to the estuary and then to the Pacific Ocean. Its lower reaches provide the last undeveloped coast wetlands in San Diego County amidst a highly urbanized environment at the southern city limits of Imperial Beach. The river has been the subject of great controversy in recent decades regarding pollution, flood control, and U.S. border protection.

As a San Diegan this is an issue of great concern for me. Both sides of the border point the blame yet nothing is done to remedy the issue, we don't need fingers pointed we need someone to help. We need real answers.

Feliz Navidad........
Feliz Navidad........
Fecal Bypass
I wanna wish you a merry christmas
I wanna issue you some sanatizer
from the bottom of my heart......

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
But I thought calling places #holes wasn't nais.

There is a solution to the # sign coming from the bad words. We can use the word Schiffholes instead. If the word Schiff gets filtered out, it will bring people together in this country more for a while since that word causes conflict so much lately.

Kill two birds with one stone.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
funny you say that, back in 1980 the mayor of local Imperial beach Brian Bilbray took a skip loader and tried to dam the sewage with it.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

My neighborhood has gets a large percentage of its water from a local desalinization and purification plant. But other local neighborhoods aren't so lucky. For instance a storm bringing a large amount of rainfall came through and contamination entered the City of Poways Tap water forcing many local business to shut down temporarily and schools to source there lunches from outside the effected zones.
edit on 19-12-2019 by MConnalley because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: MConnalley

That's not good for those people, in fact it's a disaster. I'm really happy I live in the country, cities breed too many problems, too many humans in close proximity is bad news.

posted on Dec, 19 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Feliz Navidad........
Feliz Navidad........
Fecal Bypass
I wanna issue you some sanatizer
from the bottom of my heart......

Prospero ano Y felicidad! haha

new topics