It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No-Testimony Impeachment Trial - Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham May Be Protecting Themselves.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Shiff is an extreme narcissist. He will never admit he is at fault, in anything...

Trump isn't a narcissist. A narcissist is only interested in themselves. Trump is interested in the United States of America.
edit on 17-12-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

Trump isn't a narcissist but he certainly is a megalomaniac.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Just sent you a short mail. Enjoy!

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

One of two reasons cross my mind...

They're setting a trap for Trump - they want him gone and not in the 2020 election.

or

They want to avoid the "impeachment" trial. Think of it this way. If this goes on, wouldn't Trump be considered "impeached"? Clinton was impeached even though he was not 'convicted' or the charges didn't stick. Nixon was also impeached but he left office before everything fell on top of him.

Maybe it's the title itself that's negative, win or lose. Are they maybe trying to avoid this? Or would Trump still be considered impeached either way? (I really don't know the correct answer to my last question).

If that's not it... then yes... They SHOULD put this to trial. But they said they would do whatever Trump wanted and Trump said he would do whatever mitch wanted.

Man this is confusing, because... Politics!

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I THINK, if you're impeached by the House, the label "IMPEACHED" is forever associated with your name.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
At this point....the impeachment vote and Senate trial really make no difference.

The Dem's have already stated they can impeach as many times as they want...which they will do when this one fails. No time limit on impeachment... every President going forward can be impeached for crap they did in high school.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
This morning, Mitch McConnell appears to be rejecting a trial with witnesses.

“The House chose this road. It is their duty to investigate. It is their duty to meet the very high bar for undoing a national election,” McConnell said.

“If they fail, they fail,” McConnell said of the House’s efforts to make a clear case against the president. “It is not the Senate’s job to leap into the breach and search desperately for ways to “get to guilty.’” That would hardly be impartial justice,” he said.

“We don’t create impeachments,” McConnell said. “We judge them.”

Source: abcnews.go.com...

As expected, Senator Schumer is mad.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: rickymouse

a reply to: rickymouse

Do you not realize that the entire House Impeachment circus was built on Trump conducting LEGAL business with Ukraine?

If he is to be IMPEACHED for that, Joe Biden should be punished for his BIG TIME quid-quo-pro. (Fire this guy in 6 hours, or no Billion dollars 4 you!)

Two wrongs do not make a right, laws must be made to prevent either party from pulling the crap the Democrats have pulled and some of the Democrat leaders must be removed from their positions.

You can't let a group bomb you, without bombing them back...10 times as hard.

These new laws...who will make them? Not this Congress. Maybe the next one?

I doubt if those new laws will ever be made unless the people demand them. But of course that will also lessen campaign contributions so I think that it is just a pipe dream.

I think U.S. citizens have accepted that politicians are corrupt liars...or at least grow into that role over time.

Congress has a 17% approval rating, yet citizens willingly donate to them, and stand in line to vote for them.

No wonder Congress acts and treats us like gullible fools.

Quit talking like that, now I am going to be depressed till I get another cup of coffee from the pot. I go to vote for the lesser of two evils most times, the person who will benefit our local area the most.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

McConnell and Graham say they do not want to "legitimize" the House Impeachment of President Trump by treating it with any seriousness in the Senate.

That is BS and makes them sound like they have no confidence.
If we don't get to see a real senate trail with witness testimony I will forever doubt trumps innocence.

Without a senate trail the only thing history will remember is what was said during the house testimonies.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Yah, R's prob have plenty to hide themselves, so I'm not surprised they aren't interested in holding a trial.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

If your side would go out and show your faces and protest you might find out who is actually on it?

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Mitch better watch out. Kentucky flipped their governor.
Mitch might be out of a job soon.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

It's spooky to those of us who don't lie (much), to see Lindsey Graham and James Comey do it so easily...looking so sincere.

It's not really scary. A good bit of my professional career was spent effectively espousing "creative" truth.
There's nothing casual about constantly revising you POV to fit an objective when directing other's behavior.

THESE guys as public (political) figures, have so much constant exposure, self-protection mode is habit by now.
It's not even lying to them, it's plausible deniability, expectation management, and mincing words with a blender.

AND it works because they ARE sincere -sincerely protecting their own butts and those of their "masters" (handlers).

ganjoa

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
a reply to: fringeofthefringe
The Durham report is sure to light a fire under house democrats feet. That's why some are beginning to defect

Like Mueller, Durham will not write a report until after all the indictments have occurred.

I've been Out of the Loop.
Is there reason to believe Durham and undercover Huber will actually product written reports for the public and not just stack up grand jury indictments, subpoenas, filings & etc.?
Seems to me like Barr would be the one to report to the public on these activities as AG (and let the proscutors work on cases instead of public reports). Heck, it's not like the public gets briefed on other pending cases & just because the charges are filed, it'll take years to clear the cases.

WIth all the IG reports, congressional investigations, special counsel, etc. reports ---
We lose site of the fact that federal prosecutor's active case files are not (normally) for public viewing.
It wouldn't surprise me if there's a small summary report and not much else while the cases move through the system.

ganjoa

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I'm surprised Chuck Corrupt Schumer is pushing so hard for a full-blown trial.

Chucky is just doing what he perceives Trump's Trolling Tactic:
- come out in favor of something so your opponents are compelled to oppose it!

If McConnell/Graham agreed to this, Chucky would just have more demands, move the goalpost, rinse, repeat.
It's Chucky's attempt at quid pro quo - except the Republicans only got ONE witness in the House proceedings.

ganjoa

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I THINK, if you're impeached by the House, the label "IMPEACHED" is forever associated with your name.

Absolutely! This seems to be very important to the Dems & others - tainting Trump's Presidency.

For the record Nixon wasn't impeached, he skipped out before the vote - but he gets the big STAIN forever!

One tactic being discussed is the House NOT submitting the approved Articles of Impeachment to the Senate.
This would be an excellent stain-removal-tool.
The almost/ersatz/fake/unconstitutional/railroad impeachment that never happened because the House ate it instead.
Especially if there's a Republican overturn of the House and retrenchment in the Senate.
Leftover impeachment is fine pickin's for dismissal/reversal or just inaction.
They could pick it up again in 2032 when Trump is STILL president

ganjoa

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Trump will wear it as a badge of honor, brag about it, even.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This was talked about at least a month ago. It is really in Trump's best interest to not have witnesses called.

If they have a trial and start calling witnesses then all of them can be called. The right would call the Bidens, Schumer and maybe some others while the left would call Giuliani, Parnas, Nunes, Bolton, Mulvaney, Duffey, and Blair.

All of those people are wildcards. There is no telling how things could shift with their testimonies. It is just safer for the GOP to squash the impeachment.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
just my opinion - but we have to actually get to the " impeachment vote " first

and we already have open dissent in democrat members

how many more are keeping thier mouths shut ?

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
so uh co caine mitch says opening arguments then vote to dismiss?
hmm
seems home field advantage only will rule the day

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I still think there is a significant chance of the Senate removing Trump.
People like McConnell have one focus - ensuring their own survival, not anyone elses.
It's going to take 19 Republican Senators - my guess is that there AT LEAST 19 of them that are so up their necks in corruption that they will not want any digging or investigations that come from a Trump 2nd term.
Self preservation is a strong motivator.
edit on 17/12/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join