It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No-Testimony Impeachment Trial - Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham May Be Protecting Themselves.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Maybe that was the Presidents Plan All Along . Have the Senate Legally Exonerate him from Articles of Impeachment by Trial while Also Exposing Republican Corruption among the Never Trumper's in the Republican Party itself . Drain the Swamp 2.0 ......

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT
Is any quick summary of what Trey Gowdy said available?

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
a reply to: fringeofthefringe
The Durham report is sure to light a fire under house democrats feet. That's why some are beginning to defect

Like Mueller, Durham will not write a report until after all the indictments have occurred.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   
House Democratic leaders have scheduled a floor vote for Wednesday, according to two senior House Democratic leadership aides.
www.npr.org...

I was under the impression that an official vote by the house for impeachment would take place Wednesday, is that right?

You did set the record straight that there would be no "John Durham Report" just indictments....so I'm all ears.

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe
True. Good point, maybe the zombies stay put and the few rational thinkers will "GTF" out asap.
I would like to see the vote on Wednesday fail but that is not likely, we'll see.

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Maybe you are right.

Everyone believing the impeachment is on the level are bonifide zombies.

The Durham report is sure to light a fire under house democrats feet. That's why some are beginning to defect

How can there be a vote on Wednesday?

The "Rules Committee" meets Tuesday (tomorrow) to decide, among other things, how many hours of floor debate there will be before the vote.

Prior to the House vote on Bill Clinton, 289 Congressmen gave little speeches on the House floor.

Most House Members have not spoken officially about the Impeachment articles. One would think they'd want to be "on the record' for this historic event.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Maybe that was the Presidents Plan All Along . Have the Senate Legally Exonerate him from Articles of Impeachment by Trial while Also Exposing Republican Corruption among the Never Trumper's in the Republican Party itself . Drain the Swamp 2.0 ......

BINGO! THAT IS INDEED HIS DESIRE. But McConnell/Graham determine the road map (plan). Those two do not want any witnesses opening Pandora's Box.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   
What Biden did in the Ukraine with his son is not really a new practice, Congressmen and presidents have done stuff like that for a long time on both sides. We know that Bush Sr. was on some board of OPEC or something while Bush Jr was president.

There is no use in opening a can of worms, there was never any laws that governed that and high ranking officials world wide all do that kind of thing to some point.

Maybe we should create laws governing it. Biden's son is on some board of a Chinese corporation or something, that is a conflict of interest. Hunter says he will resign if Biden gets elected, even if he doesn't, there is no law that says Biden is actually breaking the law. China only offered that job because they know that Biden still has some pull in government.

If we fix this problem here, like fixing the Congressmen being allowed to do inside trading, it will just lead to more coverups. The congressmen cannot know that a stock will go up, but that does not mean that their broker can't give them a sure deal in a recommendation. It is still happening just as much as before, but congressmen are just not told what is actually happening.

So, technically, laws have loopholes and our top people in the country can still get through the loopholes. I am sure that there are many congressmen that have gained from favors financially, and remember, campaign contributions of any substance do still mandate a return of a favor.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   
this was actually my thought process when I first heard about it. Seems a bit to fishy, and an attempt to assuage any fears of Trump actually cleaning house.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   

The Rules Committee determines how the actual Impeachment Process leading to a final vote will occur. If 200 to 300 Congressmen want to speak, no way a Wednesday vote would occur.

BUT...Pelosi and her minions have all scheduled vacations, and other affairs, for Christmas week, and WANT TO LEAVE TOWN ON THURSDAY...ahead of the big Friday rush. They don't like co-mingling with too many "regular folk" when they don't have to.

Lowering themselves to traveling with the hoards of people on the Friday before Christmas, is unthinkable.

edit on 12/16/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Do you not realize that the entire House Impeachment circus was built on Trump conducting LEGAL business with Ukraine?

If he is to be IMPEACHED for that, Joe Biden should be punished for his BIG TIME quid-quo-pro. (Fire this guy in 6 hours, or no Billion dollars 4 you!)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dubiousatworst
this was actually my thought process when I first heard about it. Seems a bit to fishy, and an attempt to assuage any fears of Trump actually cleaning house.

McConnell/Graham are pleasing the dirty members of Congress, but making the newer Democrats in Congress angry, by not having a trial with witnesses.

I'm surprised Chuck Corrupt Schumer is pushing so hard for a full-blown trial.
edit on 12/16/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Do you not realize that the entire House Impeachment circus was built on Trump conducting LEGAL business with Ukraine?

If he is to be IMPEACHED for that, Joe Biden should be punished for his BIG TIME quid-quo-pro. (Fire this guy in 6 hours, or no Billion dollars 4 you!)

Well, Yeah, I know that. I think the whole impeachment hearing is nothing but a scam, a witch hunt that is totally unfounded legally. It is a mockery of our democrocy. But you cannot use Trump's witchhunt to condemn Biden either. The Democrats have gone Hulu, they have become something that is not good for our countries society.

Two wrongs do not make a right, laws must be made to prevent either party from pulling the crap the Democrats have pulled and some of the Democrat leaders must be removed from their positions.

posted on Dec, 16 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Two wrongs do not make a right, laws must be made to prevent either party from pulling the crap the Democrats have pulled and some of the Democrat leaders must be removed from their positions.

You can't let a group bomb you, without bombing them back...10 times as hard.

These new laws...who will make them? Not this Congress. Maybe the next one?

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I doubt if those new laws will ever be made unless the people demand them. But of course that will also lessen campaign contributions so I think that it is just a pipe dream.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I doubt if those new laws will ever be made unless the people demand them. But of course that will also lessen campaign contributions so I think that it is just a pipe dream.

I think U.S. citizens have accepted that politicians are corrupt liars...or at least grow into that role over time.

Congress has a 17% approval rating, yet citizens willingly donate to them, and stand in line to vote for them.

No wonder Congress acts and treats us like gullible fools.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   
No there isn't a quick summery. It's all exposing Shiff for what he is.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 01:42 AM
link   
From your npr link.

But the speaker insists she's not weighing in with this group, saying, "They'll make their own decisions. I don't say anything to them."

Right! She'll just have her majority whip do the dirty deed.

edit on 17-12-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
No there isn't a quick summery. It's all exposing Shiff for what he is.

Just a partial disclosure. Vid isn't long enough.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 01:47 AM
link   
WAR expected on Tuesday Dec 17th in the U.S. House RULES COMMITTEE.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Republicans should just let Democrats do what they want and bypass floor debates on Wednesday. Get right to the impeachment vote.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I don't know what to say. I tried twice and it wouldn't work. I looked at the entire address and it looks odd to me.

/watch?v=kBuZaZapH7A&feature=youtu.be

But if you can get there it is most certainly worth the trouble.

OK! Gowdy traces shiffs history all the way back to the bill clinton era and the roll shiff played there all the way in, through and during hildogs campain. His ambitions of being hildogs arourney general, or cia head and other rediculous ambitions through the years. It's a complete shiff exposure, start to finish.

It's Chaffetz filling in for Hanity.

duckduckgo.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Thank-you for the Summary, CharlesT. It's pretty obvious from the date of that video (July 5, 2018) that Adam Schiff has faced ridicule for a long time, and it doesn't seem to bother him. Him and President Trump have that trait in common.

new topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join